“Unprofessional ”

Kayak Academy Tenerife
Ranked #6 of 25 Tours in Los Cristianos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: kayak entry level tours. open sea kayak adventures . In the bay of Los Cristianos harbour and around natural reservation Guasa Mountain
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

First we were not welcomed at the shop (the booking went missing, Dan had to read the conversation from the previous day on our phone), then no clear plan what to do. We booked for SUP, then he proposed to just go out a bit with the kayak. With luck could see dolphins. His attitude changed to the worst when I mentioned I feel it's too expensive to go kayaking aimlessly for two hours. Finally, to my last surprise he offered free SUP within the harbor - to avoid negative ratings. Sorry Dan, that's not how it works. And I'm glad I didn't accept your 'offer'.

1  Thank mwagner80
All reviews
"saw dolphins"
in 9 reviews
"great teacher"
"stand up paddling"
"sea turtles"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"fish farm"
"abs"
"activity"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

I booked in with Dani same day and he was a great guide. Gave me all the information direct and took me out despite the rest of the group cancelling. We had an awesome trip: snorkelling with butterfly rays to begin with, then sea kayaking to the cliffs/caves where we had a suprise visit from some beautiful dolphins.He even towed me back to the bay when I got a bit sea sick! Very happy. Thanks Dani, will be coming back!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Kayak academy run by dani is a fantastic half day tour and well worth every penny I have been out two years in a row with dani and he delivers a great day out with pictures and video of the outing. I intend to take a kayak tour on every visit as the wild life and scenery is fantastic this is a very safe tour me and my two boys and their girl friends did this tour September 2017 and 2018 great service and great guide for a great day out ‍♂️

Reviewed 16 September 2018

It was a splendid experience. I definitely recommend you to book directly via Dan, the tour guide, instead of tour operators. Therefore, we had short communication lines which was very useful because of heavy winds on sea and uncertainty about which day we could kayak. Dan informed us daily and luckily, we could join the trip on our last vacation day!

At first, we got instructions about kayaking and how to prevent injuries. Dan’s knowledge about kayaking is extensive, what made it very interesting and educational. Secondly, we went to sea to try kayaking ourselves and went on the trip. We’ve been searching for dolphins (which we have seen!) and went snorkeling to view turtles, schools of fish and more breathtaking sea life. It was amazing. The snorkeling is definitely my most amazing experience on sea.

After that we have swum to the cave. We snorkeled in front of the cave, but couldn’t enter it because of the rough water. We went to the dolphins again and just relaxed a bit in our kayaks. It was a very relaxing day and Dan, the guide is a super enthusiastic and a relaxed tour guide. We hung out on sea the whole day, because we were invited to also join the second tour. A great last day on Tenerife.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

Unreal experiance
Got to swim with turtles and buttetfly rays, also got to see quite afew dolphins
Better than we had hoped for, so cheap aswell for the experiance you get
We werent looking forward to kayaking, thinking itd be hard and none of us had experience but Dan gave us a great detailed demonstation of how to use the kayaks properly, but didnt let it cut into the trip, it was suprisingly easy to do if you listened to his instructions, think we got told it was a 3 hour trip but we got taken out for 5 hours, so nice for it not to be rushed, its obvious he doesnt just care about the money, best thing we did whislt in teneriefe
He also got everyone a drink afterwards, mental guy, hilarious wouldnt recomend any one else! You actually get whats advertised
Thanks dan!

2  Thank Stacey A
GHEORGHE D, Propietario at Kayak Academy Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Heheheh thanks guys! you see, if you have a good paddle tecknic open sea kayaking is so easy. i m soo happy that you didi it so many hours and enjoy so much.. yess we pass out the excursion time with 2 hours but... how to stop this experience .. i like so much to be in the ocean that i forgot sometimes to finish the excursions.. the buterfly rays soo c4razy to meet he isn it? and the turtles yesssssss