“Very nice experience ”

Kayak Academy Tenerife
Ranked #6 of 25 Tours in Los Cristianos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: kayak entry level tours. open sea kayak adventures . In the bay of Los Cristianos harbour and around natural reservation Guasa Mountain
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Dan (the host) was very enthousiast and very nice to us. The trip was nice and we saw an dolphine and an turtle. Dan immediately gave snorkeling equipment so we could swim with the turtle. If you like to kayak and would like to see some nice things you should surely pass by Dan. All the equipment is nice and clean. Great experience. Then after the kayaking he took us to an bar we're we could get a nice beer.

Thanks for sure Dan.

2  Thank jorge6810
GHEORGHE D, Gerente at Kayak Academy Tenerife, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

heyy guys! thanks for this nice words! what an amazing day we have it! please when you come back this winter to let me know to go to surf togheter , remember that secret spot in the north!

All reviews
"saw dolphins"
in 9 reviews
"great teacher"
"stand up paddling"
"sea turtles"
in 5 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
"fish farm"
"abs"
"activity"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We went out with probably one of the best tour guides I have ever experienced! Dan is such a nice guy!

He explained at the beginning exactly how to kayak in the safety briefing, which made everyone feel confident. We paddled about 3.5 miles (5K) which can be very tiring, so you need to be quite fit!

Our first stop was inside the cliffs where we got to swim and see some turtles, which was awesome! We stopped for a good hour, and got to fully appreciate the sea life and do some snorkelling! Be warned, you need to be a reasonably good swimmer to do this, but you are of course provided with life jackets.

On the way back we got to see some dolphins, who were doing a show jumping around the fish nets!

In the end we were out for 4 hours, which was well worth the money you pay! Make sure you take some anti sickness pills if you get seasick, as I don’t consider myself to usually get Ill and I felt quite ropey on they way back, however it was quite choppy on the day we went out.

I 100% recommend this to anyone who would like to experience snorkelling with turtles and seeing some dolphins! Will definitely be visiting here again on our next visit to Tenerife! Dan is the man!

3  Thank Xeroxa
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This was the best excision I’ve ever been on! As soon as we met Dan he was very enthusiastic and excited to for the trip. Really thorough introduction and instructions for the Kayaking (must be reasonably fit, I’m not very but I managed okay with my partner), and also keen to assist anyone in any possible way he could. Great sights during the kayak to the turtles, which we got to stay at for as long as we wanted, and we saw several! We then went to a cave and after we hung around the fish farms for the dolphins, again we saw around five! After the excursion we had a drink payed for at the local restaurant that was included also which was a nice bonus. All in all it was great and would recommend this to anyone. I wouldn’t listen to any bad reviews. Great guide and great day.

2  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Hands down best excursion I’ve ever been on!!
Amazing briefing for the group telling them everything you need to know about the kayaks and the day ahead and is very keen to help in any way he can. Amazing views while paddling to the spot where you swim with the turtles (we see loads!!). After swimming with the turtles he then took us to see the dolphins for our own pleasure and not because it was promised, he then let us watch them for as long as we wanted to! We was out looking at the wildlife for over 4 hours! Couldn’t ask for a better tour guide and better day I would recommend Dan to anyone! ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!!

3  Thank Liam M
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

THE BEST EXCURSION I HAVE EVER BEEN ON!!!! We met Dan the sickest tour guide since sliced bread and he spent a good amount of time explaining kayak technique and safety briefing. We then paddled out with amazing view, gorgeous sea and even better views. You need to be physically fit !! It's about 3k. We snorkelled with loads of turtles !!! Honestly one of the best experiences of my life ! We then spotted loads of dolphins on the way back past the fish farms and even snorkelled with huge butterfly rays on the beach when we arrived back. Easily the best value for money I've ever spent on a tour and will be booking again when we return to Tenerife if not this holiday if we have time !!!

3  Thank Joe J