Ska Olivina Apartments(Los Cristianos)
US$138
Trip.com
TripAdvisor
LABRANDA Reveron Plaza(Los Cristianos)
  • Pool
Paloma Beach Apartments(Los Cristianos)
Apartamentos Aguamar(Los Cristianos)
  • Restaurant
Ona Los Claveles(Los Cristianos)
Club Tenerife(Los Cristianos)
4,035 results
All reviewspiano barspring cardside sea viewpool arealovely hotelbooking directchocolate fountainage groupbuilding workevening entertainmentaverage ageolder generationplenty of sunbedsbreakfast and dinnertea and coffeelarge hotelwalk in shower
Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel after a quick transfer from Tenerife south airport late evening. Check in was quiet slow but very thorough so not an issue. We had booked through Thomson and paid extra for a sea view room. Upon arrival at room 469 we were very impressed with the decor and due to the recent refurb it was like new and very well decorated. There was chocolates,half bottle of red wine, complimentary water and full tea and coffee facilities. Bathrobes, slippers and an assortment of toiletries were given. We paid 15 euros for the safe for the week and a voucher was given for pool towels that could be changed as often as you needed to with the lifeguard. Breakfast the next day was very good with everything possible to choose from. It didn't seem overcrowded at any time between 8-10. Sun beds were easy to come by and had lovely padded cushions on them. Umbrellas were plentiful. The drinks at the pool bar were quiet steep at 8 euros for two soft drinks but they were a good size. We were worried about previous reviews saying most of the guests were older and being hostile to the younger guests. I assume this has changed since it became sensimar as there were couples of all ages there. Evening meal was lovely. Good choice again and the puddings were amazing with a chocolate fountain twice during our stay. Walked into los Americans and the first trip we got totally lost ending up walking 7 miles and missing the main strip with shops and Hard Rock Cafe on. If you do find it first time it is about a 30 minute stroll. Be prepared to get hounded by people trying to sell you goods and trying to drag you into bars. None over pushy but still a bit annoying. Worth the walk though and a great sunset better than at the hotel. One excursion to teide by night which was amazing and good value for money. When checking out you can keep the room on for 24 euros but only til 3. We did this and were told we could use the spa showers later before our 7.35 pick up. What we weren't told was the spa shut at 6 and we arrived ten minutes before. The worlds quickest shower then happened and we had to finish getting ready in the public toilets. Not ideal but did the job. All staff are friendly and efficient and we had no issues with anything. The return check in at the airport was long. We stood in the longest que and took one and half hours to finally check in. We had to literally walk on the plane with no time to grab a drink or buy duty free. Thomson really need to sort this as waiting that long and rushing ruined what was a perfect holiday. As much as I loved the hotel the area and resorts around it were quiet run down in many parts. We may return but would not venture further than the hotel grounds.

6  Thank Nimmy37
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Arona Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2016

Dear client, thank you very much for your long holiday review about your stay on Tenerife. We are very happy to read that you had a lovely and relaxing break at our Sensimar Arona Gran and Spa hotel and that you did not have any issue with anything at our hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in a not too distant future and meanwhile we send you our best wishes and sunny greetings from Los Cristianos. Stefanie Dechert, PR

Reviewed 9 July 2016

my brother and I just got back home after a smashing holiday at the arona hotel there is know moans from us plenty of food choices bedroom nice walk in shower in bathroom .evening shows were good hope to go back next year

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank george r
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Arona Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2016

Dear George, thank you very much for your nice comments about your stay at our Sensimar Arona Gran y Spa hotel. It is a pleasure for us to read that you have been satisfied with all offered services and facilities and that you are already thinking of coming back next year. Looking forward to welcoming you again and meanwhile we send you our best wishes and sunny regards from Tenerife. Stefanie Dechert, PR

Reviewed 9 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I have just returned from a relaxing week in this hotel. We went on half board with Thompson. The hotel itself is very big, clean and very well refurbished (from looking through the older pictures). We are 25 and 29 and the age range of the other guests were probably over 50 but it didn't bother us!

On arrival we we're given a complimentary glass of prosseco which was a nice touch. We stayed in room 634 which was on the top floor and had lovely views of the sea and pool area. The room was very modern with a big balcony and was always cleaned very well by the maids. The only negative thing about the room was the bathroom had a sewage smell when returning to the room in the afternoon. I know they recycle water more so maybe was just the toilet?

The restaurant was clean and nice. The variety of food wasn't great but the quality of it was good and filled us up which did the trick! I personally think the restaurant could be slightly bigger as it was always busy most times of the morning / evening and we would have to wonder around for a bit hunting for a table but wasn't a big deal. Men have to wear trousers and Women do make an effort which was nice to have a dress code for dinner.

I won't lie, the entertainment wasn't good. We went two nights, one night was the flamenco dancers - I've seen much better before as there was only three of them and the second night was to watch a circus act - I stayed about 10 minutes as I thought I was watching some erotic show - cringe!

The pool area was nice, lots of sunbeds - yes it happens everywhere there are people who go down at the crack of dawn to get the beds right by the pool but that doesn't bother me as there are lots of others to choose from- closer to the bar! The toilets are squeaky clean and bar area is clean and staff are friendly. Sunbeds are comfy and you can also get pool towels if you wanted (think you have to pay for this when you arrive).

This hotel has a supermarket right opposite it which was handy for water or snacks, has everything in it without having to walk too far. There is nothing much around you, everything is a walk away so bring some shoes you can walk in! A short walk away (10 mins) are some restaurants if you didn't want to walk too far. If you carry on down the promenade a bit further passing other hotels is a nice beach which we visited twice (playa de Los cristianos). Rent your sunbeds for the day with an umbrella for 9 euro and you have more choice of food and drink around you, if you like your home comforts there is Burger King, subway and lots of other restaurants too.
If you walk further on (which we did a lot as it was quite cloudy most days) then you come into playa de las Americas which has a lot more going on and much busier with lots of designer shops, restaurants and bars - not to mention our new favourite Hard Rock Cafe. If you are looking for a more chilled out setting then Los cristianos is the place for you.

The only negatives I can say about this hotel is the location as there is not much going on in Los cristianos, couldn't have stayed longer than a week using the restaurant as the food was repetitive, the smelly bathroom every afternoon and finally the staff at reception aren't very friendly and don't speak great English also no 'thank you for staying with us!'.
But none of these really affected us majorly - the hotel has been done up really nice def a 4 star quality hotel as cleanliness is a major thing for me and they ticked all the boxes there.

We had a lovely holiday but personally wouldn't return to the location (would return happily to hotel if was located elsewhere). I think playa de las Americas and costa adeje have much more going on.

Thanks for having us Arona Gran Hotel.

Adios x

Reviewed 9 July 2016

We have just returned from a week at this hotel. Where do I begin...? First impressions were great, the interior is impressive with a stunning chandelier in the reception area. Our room was very pleasant with a wide range of toiletries, robe, slippers and complimentary drinks which included a range of teas, coffees, water and half bottle of red wine, as well as a well stocked (chargeable) mini bar. Our room number was 326, we had a view of the sea and the pool. The restaurant was fantastic too, I defy anyone not to find something they'd like to eat, regardless of dietary requirement, needs or likes, the restaurant staff were great too.

I agree with previous reviews with regard to the issue with sun loungers, the problem is compounded by the residents, who seemingly feel the need to bag the best spots then disappear for a couple of hours, but it's a tricky problem to solve.

There were two incidences that happened which would mean I'd be extremely reluctant to recommend this hotel to anyone. Firstly, by reception is a stand for runners which has towels and bottles of water, along with a notice showing two recommended routes for runners and a sign saying that the water was for Arona Gran running residents only. Day one... fine, I came in from my morning 5 mile run and helped myself to a bottle of water and a towel. Day two... there was no water available, so I asked at reception, the male receptionist explained that sometimes 'non-runners' or even 'non-residents' help themselves to water so he only puts a couple of bottles out, but happily gave me a bottle out of a cupboard. Day three... no water again, so I asked the female receptionist, whose response was extremely rude, she demanded to know my room number, but did not ask nicely, I was hot, flustered and oxygen starved, so stumbled over my response, she raised her eyebrows, muttered, sauntered off saying something in Spanish to another receptionist then returned reluctantly with a bottle of water, I was made to feel like a fraud and as though I'd done something wrong. As she returned I took my room card from my pocket to show evidence of my validity for being there, by this point I was annoyed, I could go on, but you get the gist. Needless to say, I found this particular lady to be extremely rude, customer service must mean something different in this particular hotel to any other I've stayed in before.

The second incidence was more serious. Three silver Pandora rings went missing from our room. I spoke to reception and customer relations, both of whom said it would not be possible for the rings to go missing, but they would look into it. We turned our room over, but the rings had definitely disappeared. The next day I returned to reception, customer relations and the TUI representative, none of whom had followed up my complaint/enquiry and all of whom pretty much said 'tough luck'. It was our last day and we were told if we wanted to make a claim on our insurance we'd have to file a police report, which would take a long time to do, so in other words 'I wouldn't bother'. I stood at reception in floods of tears, but they just didn't care, they weren't prepared to speak to the cleaner, or lady who checks the drinks every day to see if they may have 'cleared them away' accidentally. They just didn't care... This ruined the holiday for my husband and I, we felt violated.

If you do choose to go to the Arona Gran, be aware that a lot of people have access to your room during the day, at the very minimum there is the cleaner, the drinks lady and the maintenance team. Make sure you lock ALL your valuables away, even if you're just popping down to breakfast. Don't let your holiday be ruined like ours was, and be prepared for unhelpful, unpleasant reception staff...

Buyer beware!

Room Tip: Ensure you pay the additional charge for a safe, pool view is just as good as sea view, don't pay the extra.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Poundies
springhoteles, Public Relations Manager at Spring Arona Gran Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2016

Dear Mrs Pound, thank you very much for your long and detailed holiday review put here on Tripadvisor. We are very glad to know that you found the services and facilities in the hotel to be great and that you always have been content with the food in our buffet restaurant. The hotel always tries to improve the services and facilities of the hotel and just a couple of weeks ago we started to offer courtesy bottles of water for our clients who do jogging. Unfortunately, although a sign explains it clearly, the water was taken by people who had nothing to do with the hotel or sports at all. One day we found out that even people from outside came to take the towels and the water and as you certainly will understand, we now have to control this courtesy service, which is a great pity. We are sorry if the manner of our receptionist has not been adequate and for sure it was not her intention to let you feel like a fraud, but she had to ask you for your room number due to people abusing this service. Regarding your comment about your missing rings please note that you told my colleague that your rings have been in the safe. How can the staff “clear the rings away accidentally” if the rings were in the safe? The TUI representative you told that the rings were not in the safe, but that they went from the room, although the necklace was still there. So you did not even know where you left your rings. You blame the staff of the hotel of theft and in this case you have to make a police report, but you didn’t. We are very sad to know that you left the hotel with such a bad impression and we only can hope that meanwhile you found your rings back. Thank you for having taken the time to write this report which also gives the hotel the possibility to reply to accusations. Best wishes from Tenerife. Stefanie Dechert, PR

Reviewed 8 July 2016 via mobile

What a great hotel, very helpful & accommodating staff. Started with a glass of bubbles when we arrived in reception, room wasn't ready but it really was worth the wait.
Nice & close to the local shops & prom
We are here for 2 weeks & I will update later on in the trip :)

2  Thank CATWOMAN1973

Dear client, we are very happy to know that you had such a good start into your holidays and we hope that you will enjoy your time with us at our Sensimar Arona Gran and Spa hotel. Thank you for using Tripadvisor. Enjoy the sun! Stefanie Dechert, PR