“Bodega hopping”
Review of Eco Insider

Eco Insider
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: An unforgettable Wine & Gastronomical tour in Lanzarote´s unique, stunning vineyards. We have been specialising in small group tours of the Lanzarote Wine Region since 2007. Our focus is on a premium level tasting experience, with highest quality wines, selected by the winery owner at each Bodega. We visit 3 wineries & taste 9 premium wines accompanied by delicious local food. Transport included
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

If you are interested in wine, interested in food, and, as importantly, interested in the island, then this tour is definitely for you. We learnt so much over the course of the day, visiting the bodegas La Geria, El Grifo and Vulcano - how the vines are cultivated, harvested, the production techniques, and the tasting. We had a selection of wines at each bodega with some food to accompany them as well as an excellent tapas lunch at the end.

It was a small group which was perfect. Our guide was Ed, a man fiercely passionate about his subject and his love of the island. Thank you Ed for making the day such a triumph, and to Carmen for making the booking process so easy.

I can not recommend this day highly enough.

Heidi M, Public Relations Manager at Eco Insider, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Thank you for your very kind review Steve.
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your trip with Ed to the wine region.
We hope to welcome you again sometime.
Have a great summer!

"flora and fauna"
"an excellent lunch"
"marine reserve"

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We did the wine tour on our second day of our holiday and so glad we did.

Our guide ED was very knowledgeable and passionate after the bodegas and indeed the wines. I love my wine and frankly was mightily impressed with the wines of lanzorote. It's a truly unique place and comes through in the wine.

We enjoyed a varried selection of wines that were new to me. All the wine was followed by an excellent lunch in an off track restaurant. Having been on the tour for the rest of the holiday actively looked for the wines in the restaurants we went to which most good restaurants stocked.

I would recommend this anyone regardless of their interest in wine as you get to see some breathtaking landscapes and meet some people as this is very intimate due the small groups.

So thank you vey ED and Carmen for a great trip.

And ED we went that Peruvian restaurant in costa teguise and was very good definitely worth a go.

Thank you for your very kind review Jony.
We are so pleased to see that you enjoyed your trip with us and Ed will be pleased you got to try the Peruvian restaurant too.
We hope to welcome you again sometime.
Have a great summer!
Best Wishes
Carmen and all of the team eco-insider.com

Reviewed 6 June 2018

Heidi M, Public Relations Manager at Eco Insider, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Reviewed 3 June 2018

I was in Lanzarote for just 4 days but wanted to explore the island, the culture, the landscape, the food..basically everything I could in this short time. I contacted Eco Insider tours and got a quick reply from Carmen who explained the different tours that they offer. I am so glad I chose Eco Insider over other tour operators because these people really do care about the Island! They care about the flora and fauna, they look after the wildlife (literally) and they are highly knowledgeable. At the end of any tour, you are no longer a tourist but almost feel like you belong here. I booked the 3 volcanoes geotour which was led by Adolfo. The communication fro beginning was excellent. The tour was led by Adolfo who is a geologist and he was one of the best guides I have met who knows so much about the landscape. We walked a lot but his enthusiasm was just the same till the end of the tour. We had a picnic lunch with sandwich & fruit at a local church. When you walk inside some if the volcanic craters, you almost feel as if you are on an alien planet. You can see the solidified magma and its course when it would have flown down hundreds of years ago. I highly recommend this tour to people of all ages. I also did a wine tour with Eco Insider where I went to 3 vineyards. Learning about & tasting the Malvasia, Listan Negro wines was a very different experience due to the way the vines are grown. It is a unique form of agriculture and I couldnt have traveled with anyone better than Eco Insider because these guys are really the insiders :) Many thanks to Ed who guides us in wine tasting with his expertise. At each vineyard you will have canapes, local sheep cheese (oh so yum!) and if that isnt enough, the tour ends with a tapas lunch. Save some appetite because this is going to be a feast with hearty local dishes..maybe goat stew if you are lucky! I highly recommend Eco Insider to anyone looking to experience everything local and authentic and not the typical commercial kind of tours.

1  Thank TheNomadicGourmet
LanzaroteActiveClub, General Manager at Eco Insider, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Thank you very much Sneha for your wonderful review! We hope to meet you again at any other nature or foodie activity :-)!

Best regards

Carmen

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The small island La Graciosa is a very unique and beautiful place and I was very happy to visit it with a small group of 6 people. Our guide Adolpho was very knowledgeable and kind. The experience of the landscape both on our walk along the island and the jeep tour with stops to see cliffs and the most beautiful beach is something I will never forget. Our nice jeep driver also told us a lot about the island. During the day I went for two great swims in the cold, but amazing water around La Graciosa. our day ended with a really tasteful lunch with different fresh, grilled fish. I was picked up at my accommodation and brought back again and got really great insider tips from the driver Eddie. I can highly recommend going on a tour with Eco Insider - I know that I would love to try any of their other tours another time on Lanzarote!

1  Thank JensenLykke
LanzaroteActiveClub, Owner at Eco Insider, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Hi Lykke,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! We would be very happy to see you again in any of the other adventures.

Regards