“Treatment unbelievable!!!!”

Ranked #7 of 58 Restaurants in Hope Island
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Table services, fully licensed Restaurant. In door Air-conditioning. out door dinning. Gluten free option.
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Went to House of Siam for lunch with my wife and 13 year old son Sunday 17th March 2013 , waitress was rude to us from the start this continued through our lunch .
Meals were very average and our son refused to eat his .
When our son went to get the bill ,the same waitress accused him of being there 2 weeks earlier on a friday nite and not paying for two spring rolls , then proceeded to our table and accused my wife and I of the same. Was a little taken back at her attitude
At first then got angry that she not only had mistaken us for someone else but was so rude to us and our son . We had just spent $85 for lunch and had not been to this restaurant on any Friday nite ever but this waitress said we had and we looked like them, no apology or even admitting she made a mistake ! My wife then made it very clear that we would never set foot in this restaurant again and was appalled at her rudeness and poor behaviour.
Waitress didn't care less.
We never ever have we been accused of not paying for a meal let alone two spring rolls !!!!
Walked away in disbelief

If the waitress had been an employee for my company and I had seen this
behaviour I would have sacked her on the spot.
We will never return and we will not recommend dining there to anyone

4  Thank Wono

Reviewed 23 January 2013

I looked at the restaurants website and looked at the setting and thought it looked lovely on the water. The front page states 'lovely tranquil setting' so I booked dinner for 2 the following Saturday. I was shocked when I arrived however. You could hear the music booming round the corner. We were shown to a table and offered a menu. We ordered our meal with difficulty because it was so noisy and at that point I asked if there was a special event on that evening or if it was always this noisy. The waitress shrugged and said it's always like this on a Friday and Saturday night. The food was ok. The service wasn't very good as it was very busy with several large tables. I had to call a waitress 3 times to ask to order a drink. The noise was unbearable. I wouldn't visit here again unless it was a weeknight or I was with a group of friends wanting to party. Shame because I think it could be really special here. Although some people must like it it. All the tables were full.

1  Thank Hungrymare
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We arrived to find that they lost our booking for 4. So instead of sitting outside overlooking the water we were jammed into a hot corner of an already packed restaurant.

We asked for water as we sat down, this arrived 20 minutes later. We had to go & ask for a menu, then wait another 20 minutes to have our order taken. At this stage we were a tad annoyed but it was busy so we were being patient.

We ordered 2 mixed entrees & a meal each with serve of coconut rice. Our water was empty & we had to go to the bar & get our own bottle of water as there was no wait staff to be seen. By now our husbands were only just keeping there calm about the lack of service.

A couple sat at the table next to us & obviously knew the wait staff, as they were chatting etc. Imagine our surprise when there order & meal arrived within ten minutes, when we, after an hour were still waiting for our mixed entree! At this stage my mum & I lost patience, we managed to get a waiters attention & asked if they had also lost our order? At this stage we should have left!

When the entree arrived, the waiter did apologize & we asked for the mains to be bought out straight away, as we were really hungry.

When the mains arrived the the disaster continued, they forgot our coconut rice, then when we got it it was two serves not the one we had asked for. At this point they took it back to the kitchen & took half out with a spoon from something else they were serving, as at it arrived at the table with some sauce on it. The garlic pepper chicken was that salty & the vegetables weren't even cooked. My husband had the sweet & sour chicken, again veggies not cooked. Me well I had the chicken with peanut sauce, it arrived floating in what I assume was some sort of curry base with peanut sauce spooned over the top. I commented that it looked like they had made something then decided just to change it to my meal & yes you guessed it, what veggies there were, weren't cooked even slightly.

This was when we made our biggest mistake we stayed & ate the meals, as we were ravenous.

So to recap, our 7 o'clock booking turned into a meal ( if you can call it that) on the table at 8.45, there was no service,it was overpriced & to top it all off, when we paid the bill & complained they were not even apologetic.

Despite the other couples previous meals there, we & they will not be going back.

Very, very disappointing experience!

1  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

As a local I have been here many times. Two years ago I also hosted a school mums event here which everyone loved. The food is excellent quality, the menu is well priced and all the staff are very friendly. My favourite meal is the Pad Thai. The meal portions are large but the staff don't mind if you ask to take the left overs home!

1  Thank sarakate83
Reviewed 30 October 2012

While the food was enjoyable, the ambience (or lack thereof) will ensure I do not return. The restaurant was extremely noisy, so much so that I could not hear what the person next to me or opposite me were saying. The restaurant was busy however I still would have liked to have been able to get a drink when I needed one, but it was nigh on impossible to get the attention of any of the waitpersons. All four of us did enjoy our food but unfortunately the good food is not enough to make up for the loudness of the place and poor drink service.

1  Thank Foo_21