“Not worth the time or money”
Review of Fairlie Bakehouse

Fairlie Bakehouse
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Fairlie
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: At the Fairlie Bakehouse we believe fresh is best and in friendly efficient service.
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Everyone recommended we go there, not quite sure why, wasnt really that great, pastry was soggy with no flavour. Most pastry is buttery, not from this place, it was gross

Reviewed 30 April 2018

I can see why this bakery is world famous in Canterbury. Pie + donut + coffee = all sorted for the day. I almost wish I had bought 2 donuts! Honestly if you haven't been, you need to go.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

If you thought Mrs Ferg in Queenstown had great Pies, you better pop by this place. it's definitely worth making a detour or just making a stop in Fairlie if you're passing through.

spent 2 weeks in NZ and definitely the best pie.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We stopped here for lunch after seeing the amazing Church of the Good Shepherd and what a wonderful experience. 3 pies - 3 happy people. I had the vegetarian pie - I think I will have a job finding a pie to better Fairlie’s. My partner had the pulled pork pie and our grandson had a mince and cheese. All were delicious. Even our cups of tea (served in mugs for a decent drink) were more than enjoyable.Thank you.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

We had lunch at Fairlie Bakery based on excellent reviews on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! The pies we got were delicious and filling. It seemed to be a very popular place, and was very crowded. I think the bus tours stop there which may account for the crowds.