All reviewshighly recommend this hotelbeautiful islandtownshillpoolelbaferry
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

So we were in 4 hotels in Elba and this was really the best what we got. I would definitely give more zhan 3 stars if I can. Service super, people very friendly, very clean and maintained, food was one dream, the pool is so clean and nice and big... There was nothing negative, the room was big, bed comfortable, we got a present when we were leaving... and the breakfest like in 4* hotel. I recommend this hotel definitely!!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank myschella_orlova
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

We have found this hotel by a coincidence and it was a heaven. Staff is extremely helpful and attentive making sure your stay is as comfortable as possible - for example they wait until you give keys from your room to reception until they clean up your room even though you give the keys late in the afternoon. Home made jam as a goodbye gift is nailing the full picture. We were as a family and can highly recommend this hotel. Rooms are simple and clean, hotel has plenty of romantic hideaways and distance to beach makes you envy to enjoy a well working hotel restaurant.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2017

This is a small hotel, very helpful and friendly reception, very comfortable rooms, large bathrooms and a great balcony.
the beach is an easy walk down the hill and a slightly more challenging walk back up the hill.
A very beautiful area of Elba. Not far from the nearest towns, but a self drive car is highly recommended.
This is a wonderful place to come and relax, ideal for peace and tranquility

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2016

mostly it's wonderful that Hotel Montomerlo is an eco-hotel and you do notice the environmental-friendly practices there e.g. recycling water bottle tank, chlorine-free pool and big beautiful garden . I had stayed there during my 1-week trip in Elba and felt like totally at home. The staffs who consist of few family members, both in reception and kitchen, were very kind and always accommodate my request to max. The dinner for hotel guests which come in different courses daily with nice dessert included was of good value too! Its location is not only close to Fetovaia beach but also located within walking distance to some of the best beaches(to my opinion) in the southwest eg Cavoli, Seccheto. The bus stop is only 3-min walk frm hotel for travelling to other places eg Marina di Campo, Portoferraio, Marciana. Overall I will def recommend this hotel for good trip experience to Elba!

Room Tip: ask for room with balcony and seaview
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank CHA L
Reviewed 27 October 2015

I've visited a few times now and the Hotel Montemerlo is always beautifully presented and the staff couldn't be friendlier. It's a family run place and they make you feel so welcome from the moment we arrived (I heard they even put on shows occasionally, but I've not seen one in person yet). They have amazing rooms, great facilities, the food is brilliant, the views are breathtaking, and the beach is just a few minutes walk away. What more could you want?

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple