“It was....ok...”

Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

It is the second time that I have dinner at Casa Serrão. I was trying to recall my first visit to this restaurant and I can't quite track down when I was there, or what I ate. That being said I guess it was ok,..nothing good or bad or else I would remember!
This time I can say that the fish was fresh, but a bit salty...our first two wine options were unavailable, the main courses were reasonably priced, but the side dishes were a bit pricy...so I guess..it was ok...

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I'm somewhat mixed on this place. The grilled fish is fresh and tasty, just salt and lemon, which is how I like it. Service is ok. I definitely got the feeling they were more than willing to sock it to tourists...the usual bread and olives, but they up the ante with fish roe. Ok fine. It was tasty and as a tourist, I expect to be screwed a little. It's part of traveling in certain countries. What really bothered me was the server wanted me to pay cash when he saw that I had cash in my wallet, even though they clearly accept credit cards. Since he didn't speak English and I didn't feel like wasting my energy, I paid cash. But it dampened the overall experience.

1  Thank Eric C
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Been to Casa Serrão for lunch, and it definitely a great choice. First of all, the service in amazing - the waiters are so attentive and friendly, and made great recommendations on the food. We had Bacalhau com Broa and the Robalo Assado, and they were both incredibly good and well prepared. The manager (or owner, I don't know) was so friendly, and came to our table to make sure everything was fine. We finished with a great dessert - Arroz Doce.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We give a try this restaurant and we were satisfied. Fast and good personal, very good food, also good Porto wine. Give it a try!

Reviewed 18 November 2017

please try Grao di Bico this salad was so amazing, fish and the whole food were excellent. 2 persons: we paid 50 € with white wine.