All reviews la cantina gordon ramsey wine cellar pool area tuscan countryside pools are great the hotel manager star hotel converted monastery our honeymoon spa facilities bottle of champagne each morning large bathroom spent days junior suite small group
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a lot of potential. The problem is the staff. It all started upon our arrival. The ladies at the front desk seemed frazzled and not accommodating whatsoever. We asked to book a dinner reservation at the hotel and was told it would be impossible for that particular evening. My husband took it upon himself and strolled down to the restaurant and we were seated immediately. Total disconnect. The staff needs some refinement. It’s hardly five star. 3.5 at best. I also had a very unfortunate visit to the spa. I do not recommend this property until they get their kinks worked out. Huge disappointment.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Griz19
Reviewed 4 August 2018

My husband and I stayed for 2 nights in a deluxe room. The room was nicely decorated, comfortable and clean, but a little dark (our room was on ground level facing the courtyard). Large bathroom. The tub/shower was a little hard for me to get into as I'm short, and may be difficult for those who have mobility issues. Staff was helpful, professional and friendly, and explained where everything could be found in the room and on the property. We had dinner in La Cantina both nights and enjoyed it, nice ambience and décor. I have a number of food allergies and the host did review my allergy card and let me know if what I was interested in eating was safe, however, other restaurants I've been to on this trip and others have been a little more helpful and proactive. My husband and I had drinks at the bar by the library after dinner each night. We were surprised more guests were not there as it had a nice ambience for an after dinner drink (not sure if more people come before dinner). Breakfast was in the courtyard each morning, good selection of food. The pool area was clean with a good amount of sunbeds, and you have the ability to order lunch or drinks. The atmosphere of the hotel overall is quiet/relaxing with an upscale vibe.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous, definitely upgrade to a superior room, it’s huge. The grounds are gorgeous, and the pools are great.

The worst is the food. It’s horrrrrible, tasteless, and overpriced. For being stranded in the middle of Tuscany, you’d expect better food.

Staff however is super friendly and this is most definitely a luxury resort.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank travelladyy666
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Undoubtedly an hotel of very high intrinsic quality: fixtures, fittings and food (in all outlets). Sadly though it lacked management presence and hosting. Attention to detail lacked in many areas. I have stayed in many Leading Hotels of the World (all in the UK ) plus Vienna and Ireland and this was the weakest in terms of the guest experience. The staff were friendly and helpful but some lacked training and were not totally guest focused. Not really true 5* service
Pool area particularly and the spa were the weakest elements. A very quiet and great location. Sat nav struggled on co-ordinates supplied by the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank AlistairSandall
Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel and the location is stunning.

Having stayed at the Villa Cora in Florence prior to coming here, we were marginally disappointed. It’s hard to put my finger on why.

The pool are feels a little tired - broken tables etc.

The service is good - the restaurant location in the courtyard is stunning and the food is very good. The hotel management just seemed unable to organise extra coat hangers or things you would expect from a 5 star hotel.

We really liked the restaurant service. Great staff!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MiloHols