3,854 results
All reviews dreams las mareas beautiful resort preferred club zip lining seaside grill el patio pura vida world cafe swim up bar liberia airport italian restaurant our honeymoon all inclusive resort ocean view seafood recommend this resort an excursion
Reviewed 6 March 2017

Excellent reception by the Bell Boys. Information at the Reception Desk about the services included was not enough. We had to investigate on our own the whereabouts. Excellent food except for the Sea Food restaurant close to the beach. It was not what we expected. The rest was over the top. The buffet was awesome and the Mexican Restaurant had incredible sea food. We were completely surprised by the good flavor of the food and the decoration was fantastic.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank marisela671
Drelm E, Director General at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Dear : marisela671

I´ m very pleased to read that you had such a good time in our hotel and also reagrding your beautiful comments you have shared here on tripadvisor.

Our hotel is a real assest, and I glad to know you and your family during your stay while you enjoyed the facilities, tasted some delicious food and great drinks at our restaurants the buffet restaurant was awesome and also the Mexican one you highly recommend it.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments and I truly hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again in the future so we can offer you an amazing experience that you deserve

Best Regards

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Dreams Las Mareas surpassed our expectations. We had a large room with a spectacular view of the bay and ocean. The staff are so very friendly. They really want to make your stay memorable. the food is wonderful and they have such a variety. The pools are awesome. There are many excursions that are close by. We plan to go back next year. Loved it!

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear : Rhonda B

The training of our team members plays an important role in our company, therefore it is very satisfying to read that they contribute successfully to your well being and positive experience.

Our first goal is to ensure you the highest possible level of comfort and service and I m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the facilities, taste some delicious food and great drinks at our restaurants and bar. I feel very proud of my staff To make you feel at home with an excellent service .

I appreciate you took the time to share your experience and hope to see you soon again. Thank you!

Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2017

Couldn't be better. Excelent service, gourmet food in all restaurants, beautiful beach and swimming pools all over the place for all preferences. We loved and recommend it 100%. Shows were great, variety of music. Good quality drinks.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria Gabriela Q

Dear Maria Gabriela Q

Thank your for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is always very important to have close contact to our guest and learn about the preferences.

I m happy to hear you have a such times with us and I m pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy the facilities, taste some delicious food and great drinks . I feel very proud of my staff To make you feel at home with an excellent service.

I hope you can give us the opportunity to host you again in the future so we can offer you a wonderfull experience that you deserve.

Best Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

Just finished a week long stay at this beautiful resort and I can say our group had a great time and really enjoyed our stay.

To start, we knew that this resort was a distance away from the airport (1.5 hour drive). But we were happy to see that the road is now paved, so transportation is no longer an issue.

The complex this property sits on is large. Be prepared for a lot of walking and the terrain is not flat, it's all hills. If you are not physically able to walk, they do have bell boys available with golf carts to transport you 24 hours a day. You simply have to call from your room and it only takes about 10 minutes for them to arrive. We had one member of our group use this service daily and the staff did not act like it was an inconvenience. One thing to be aware of is that the pathways are not well lighted at night and there are critters (raccoons) in some parts. Bring your phone to use as a flashlight.

The rooms are beautiful and very comfortable. My room was an ocean view room in building 8A. I would definitely pick this location again as the view was amazing. The room had a sofa and hot tub on the balcony. The only issue I had with this room was that the balcony is covered in chameleons at night but the scatter as soon as you come outside but return when you leave. Some in our group did not like the bathroom set up, but I had no issue with it. You have a stall for the shower and one for the toilet. There is no private door to the bathroom area, rather just a curtain.

Our group mainly used the beach and not the pools. The beach was preferred by our group for a variety of reasons. First, no issue with getting chairs like there is at the pool. Second, it wasn't as hot at the beach because there was a beautiful breeze off the water the kept you very comfortable all day. Third, resort staff comes around frequently to see if you need anything and they bring the requested items quickly. There are vendors that come to the beach selling goods and services. They approach you only once and respect if your answer is no. They leave you alone. Also, the resort has security on the beach to prevent their guests from having any issues.

They have many different restaurants on site and our group tried to eat at most of them. Be prepared because a few of them have a dress code. The food was pretty good at all of them. We all had favorites. The portions are all on the smaller side. There is also 24 hour room service with limited menus.

The entertainment here needs to be improved compared to other resorts I've stayed at and I think this is because they are so remote. Almost all bars close at 6pm except for 2 and those aren't very lively.

Our group did arrange for a couple of offsite activities through approved and vetted vendors by the hotel. These vendors are on site each morning. Definitely a lot of cool things to do in the area but they aren't cheap options so be aware. Everything averages to be about $50/pp.

Overall, we had a great time. We didn't really have any issues. Staff was attentive and helpful. Location was beautiful. Food was good. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Would definitely recommend this place to others.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank TheYelllowDart

Dear TheYelllowDart

Thanks for all the nice comments and recommendations. I m glad to hear that you enjoyed you time with us.

Our team members plays an important role at Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica , therefore it is very satisfying to read that they contribute successfully to your well being and positive experience. I will certainly share this with the amazing staff. Reviews like yours encourage us to keep working hard every day and keep improving all our services and facilities for your total satisfaction.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 5 March 2017

We stayed at Dreams Las Mareas in February 2017 and had a great relaxing vacation. The resort is beautiful, the staff is courteous and friendly everywhere except for the Italian, Mexican and Japanese (Hibachi chefs simply unpleasant the whole time) restaurants where servers are simply rude, pretentious and unfriendly. They barely greet you as you arrive and although they have been though the proper rudiments of service, their attitude ruins it all. Aside from them, the reception, bar, cleaning (Margarita a sweet hearth), pool (Ronald - always greeting you with a smile), Coffee Shop and Ocean Grill restaurant staff members are nice and friendly, and go out of their way to make you happy.

The entertainment was great with a special Oscars Evening and Mardi Gras buffet night. This is not a resort for people looking to party at night as all goes quiet by 10 pm. The rooms are nice and clean.

There is many pools beautifully laid out through out the resort. The Preferred Club Lounge staff are very pleasant and efficient. Makes the up-grade all worth it.

We stayed in building 3 and quite enjoyed being close to everything restaurants - Coco Café - Rende-vous Bar and Preferred Club Lounge, although far from the ocean which we didn't mind as the upper pools are more quiet and finding chairs is not a problem.

Overall a great resort !

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IsaMaggie

Dear : IsaMaggie

Many thanks for taking the time to write your comments regarding your recent stay in our Resort and shared here on tripadvisor.

I apologize for not having exceeded your expectations in every aspect of your stay here with us. Firstable with the restaurants servers were rude, pretentious and unfriendly. Your comments have been shared with the pertinent departments in order to improve the level of the customer service at the restaurant too .

Once again I´m extremely grateful for your time and preference and please feel free to contact us directly prior to your next visit so that I will be able to fulfill your requirements and demonstrate the type of high quality services we uphold here at Dreams Las Mareas.

Best regards,