“GREAT FOR DOGS BUT NOT FOR HUMANS”
Review of Slipway

Slipway
Ranked #1 of 1 Bars & Pubs in Burscough
Price range: US$3 - US$9
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pub restaurant friendly warm cosy inviting Home cooked food delicious positioned by the canal dog friendly
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

been a few times, extremely snooty landlady/manager , was told “get ur child off the floor!” we also was told no food again even tho advertised and food hours displayed upto 8pm and it was 7pm with no apology or explanation, terrible customer service....dogs not alowed off a lead but that rule is overlooked, food served upto 8 but rarely is, we hav tried on numerous occasions, ADVOID unless your a dog....

2  Thank Antony V
Sonia S, Manager at Slipway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Health and safety is extremely important to us at the Slipway and I do not allow children particularly at the age of around 11 to roll around on the floor when I have ample seating,it was 8.15 on a Tuesday evening and I was hosting a biker night where there was a lot of people coming in and out and your child was in the direct walkway through to the bar which was causing great concern to my customers,staff and myself so I politely (not snotty) asked you to seat your child on a seat. I did advertise that our food service was 5pm till 7pm on a Tuesday but we did extend that until 7.30pm and at that point you had been in for half an hour. You also drove my regulars to leave (a couple with the dog) as they repeatedly asked your child to stop antagonising their dog who had just had an operation and couldn't put a lead around its neck because of this.
To finalise we welcome everyone but you were extremely rude to me and upset my customers.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Came to the slipway for the first-time late Sunday afternoon after a stroll down the canal and decided to eat as the pub was packed, a good indication it must be a fantastic pub. We both had fish and chips and wasn’t disappointed at all, although the pub was busy and not a single table free inside, we decided to eat outside which wasn’t a problem, the staff were brilliants and nothing was too much trouble, although it was packed they checked to see if our food was ok and asked if we wanted anymore drinks, these staff are a credit to this pub and very professional. Will be visiting again for sure.

2  Thank Lorraine C
Sonia S, Manager at Slipway, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you Lorraine,glad you enjoyed your experience with us.we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited a few times now with my family and it is always brilliant! Staff are very accommodating for my 2 young children and me and my partner. The food is always perfect and so is the service. Just what burscough needed!

1  Thank Ashley C
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great quality food, fabulous atmosphere and lovely staff, perfect place for spending time with family and friends!

2  Thank Alicia D
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Brilliant transformation to this local pub great staff great customer service had lunch here and was very impressed will be returning

2  Thank Chantelle A