All reviews private beach sea view lunch and dinner receptionist balcony meals
Reviewed 5 July 2016

We had a couple days unbelievable vacation experience. The grounds were beautiful, the room was spotless and comfortable and the staff was polite, attentive and very professional, exactly what we expected. The restaurant offered indoor and outdoor seating. Great selection of food and drinks. The ambiance and spectacular view from our room made for a truly enjoyable stay. We come here every year. Always much better. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Hotel Serenella is a perfect beach hotel -- mere steps from gorgeous shoreline, with rental umbrellas and comfy chairs easily and reasonably arranged at the desk. Very clean, wonderful, helpful staff, nice breakfast, a great bar area overlooking the ocean. Restaurants galore up and down the street.The hotel wifi didn't work, but the employees were kind enough to share a helpful workaround.

Room Tip: We had a second floor sea view room, with a lovely and spacious balcony -- large enough for at least three chairs.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 April 2016

This hotel has a number of wonderful features. Number one is the fact that It sits right on the ocean and an ocean view room is the only thing that makes sense here. You can hear the ocean from the room at night. Our room opened onto a small patio that would be large enough for a cocktail party for you and your friends. It was on the "first" floor (second for US folks). Upper rooms have nice balconies but no patio. The hotels has had an obvious face lift. From the outside you might think it was built in 2000 or newer. You would not think that in the room. The rooms have high ceiling and builtin cabinets and beds that look rather dated but nice. They are quality wood cabinets and a solid bed but old fashioned looking. There are glass tops on the tables and desk and a nice refrigerator below. Along with the exterior changes you will find ultra modern electronic door controls and heating controls. The bathroom has to be seen to believed. Looks like a page from Architectural Digest; they must have been added or expanded when they did the facelift. There seems to be a little identity confusion here. On the one hand it seems very chic and modern, on the other, more traditional and aiming for elegant. This is the only hotel I have stayed at where the towels in the bathroom were pressed.

In general, it is a very comfortable hotel. The room is large and the ocean view rooms have a spectacular view. If you are into nice bathrooms you will be in love with this hotel. If you also want a modern look to the room, you will be disappointed. Wonderful bar and restaurant in front. The hotel has no carpet so the noise out in the hallway and the music from the bar seems to telegraph at night. Things seemed to quiet down after 11:00. They advertise free wifi but there is some strange system that gives you 4 free hours if you like them on Facebook. It seemed to work some of the time but was ponderous to navigate. There was no English on the TV that I could find but the staff at the desk could communicate in English. We were mostly satisfied.

Room Tip: Lower rooms have a patio. Upper rooms may have less noise.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keefe506
Reviewed 31 July 2015

Beautiful Hotel, the people, the area of Agropoli and the beach! Hotel is very clean, workers all very helpful and friendly..Restaurant in the hotel has delicious meals and worth taking the "mezza pensione" which is offered at the hotel.. The beautiful sunsets can be seen everyday from the great bar at the hotel and the drinks are great too!! The beach across the street from the hotel is great also! Our stay here was so memorable that we are definitely going back next year and taking our whole family with us!! Thank you for a great experience..this place is well worth it!!

Room Tip: all rooms have a view of beautiful Agropoli!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Antonette P
Reviewed 16 July 2015

On my "Giro d'Italia" I was recommend by a german sailor collegue to go to Agropoli and esp. to Hotel Serenella. I contacted them and from originally 3 days i made it one week. The hotel was fully booked but I had asked them to put me on waiting list (prayed at night that it should work - even I hadn't seen it) and the next morning Ms. Loredana from reception called me to confirm. As usually I am traveling alone and had asked for a single room. I was in the 2nd floor, facing the rear which turned out absolutely better. At my arrivial (parked the car on the parking lot of the hotel f.o.c.) I was offered half or full board at a ridiculous price. That would include the beach chairs and umbrella (which are not expensive for italian standards anyway). Of course I accepted - but please note, no refund if you dont eat there. Now to the details: my "single" room accommodated a big double bed, just one side was at the wall which would have made it a little more complicated for another person to climb in. There was a big wardrobe with safe deposit box, a desk with minibar, place for the luggage. A balcony with chairs and enough space still to put my yoga math. The bathroom was nice and spacious with a big shower, bidet, toilet and a sink in marble which gave me enough space for all my cosmetics. The hairdryer is one of the weak kind. But the plug socket enabled me to charge my toothbrush and use my own hairdryer.
The aircondition works perfectly and at low volume. It is available from 4pm-6am.
There is an elevator in the house which consists of 3 storeys. I definitely prefer the second as its not so close to the noise of the groundfloor and not that hot as under the roof. Anyway you have to decide if you want sea view (costs a little more and you have all the sun from mid-day) or the rear side which looks to the hills and the parking. Its quiet, even if in far the trains pass which hardly can be heard.

The restaurant hours are a little queer: from 7.30-9.30 am is breakfast, at (at!!) 1pm is lunch, at 8pm is dinner. You might come a little later but the cook is preparing for these hours ;-) Since in June the sunset is about 9.30 pm its a pity to miss the time with a sun downer in the beautiful bar of this hotel.
The menu consists of a choice of 2 starters and choice of 2 - 3 maincourses, salad and vegetables are served separately. The dessert mostly consists of fruits. The wine list is good and very reasonable in price The house wine is made by the owners and you have to get used to the very natural taste ;-) All over I may say the kitchen is good, fresh, sufficient but its nothing exciting. However there was a lot of fresh fish dishes and when I asked for something different there was no problem.
The breakfast is kind of buffet, as always in Italy with lots of sweets (too much, as everywhere). The soft boiled egg was really hard and served on a plate, no spoon etc. They knew it would be hard probably. You can ask for cheese and ham separately without extra costs.
The beach is sandy and you just cross the road in front of the hotel. The water is clear and very easy to enter. No stones at all. (You could go swimming at night without worrying to bump your toes). All the staff is very kind and helpful, the owners are always around.
The BAR: wow, what a choice of alcohols, champagnes, cocktails etc. You also can have lunch there at only 5€ for a plate of pasta, salads etc. But the cocktails are a dream. I am used to take in Italy the aperitiv which is served with lots of small bites. Not there. Just chips. But the sunset in front, the white furniture, the cool music - oh I loved it
The village is nice, on a hill, with many shops and bars. Some wonderful villages to visit nearby (Castellabate e.g.) I am planning my next trip in spring in order to visit many of the beautiful sites. Paestum is only 20 min drive - you can visit the temples but also the manufacturing of Mozarella di Buffala! Have a happy holiday there <3
By the way: there is an Outlet in Paestum

Room Tip: 2nd floor, looking to hillside
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled solo