“Love atmosphere, amazing garden”
Review of Es Caliu

Es Caliu
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

We went for dinner here with the family on our last night in Ibiza and had a lovely evening. We sat inside as it was too cold to be outside, but would love to come back to dine in the garden which looks magical.

It’s a great place for families with kids with a kids menu and kids corner in the garden to play.

We had a lovely meal and really enjoyed the food. Service was friendly and it’s nice to see the chefs in action at the open grill.

Lovely, informal and unique atmosphere, would definitely like to come back in the summer to experience the garden.

1  Thank Anne B

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

This place used to be great until it was taken over by new management a few years ago. We came last year following the renovation and were disappointed by the service and the food. We always came here for Ox which you cook on a hot stone on your table. This was always good fun and very tasty. Last year half our tables Ox came half an hour before the others but all sides were served at the start meaning they were cold by the time we all had the meat. They also had an issue with the hot stones not actually being hot enough to cook the meat.

This year we decided to give them another chance. Unfortunately this time we were given all the meat but no stone to cook it on. By the time the stone came, again all the sides were cold. We were only given one small stone to cook Ox for a table of 10. Eventually another even smaller stone came out but it wasn’t hot enough to cook on. The meat we were given was very fatty and sides very small. A portion of fries for 2 had about 12 chips! We left still hungry despite a very large bill.

The staff were apologetic and were very nice and friendly but unfortunately after 2 terrible experiences we will not be returning.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

We drove by and saw a really cute looking restaurant. We decided to go in, which was a great choice. The food was really good and the staff were very nice to us. I would definitely recommend this place!

1  Thank Erik K
Reviewed 13 March 2018

I was here with my girlfriend for dinner.
During our visit (from arrival to departure) I noticed something that has become quite unique to Ibiza........ a good service! Quick, attentive, friendly....as it should be.
The garden is lovely, lots of atmosphere.
The food we ordered was a bit of a dissapoinment.
The lady ordered payes chicken thigh, but was quite dry. I ordered the 40€ rib eye steak.I ordered it rare.
Because I was talking a lot with my girlfriend, I paid less attention to my food.
When a waiter came to our table to ask if everything was OK, it was only then that I noticed the steak was not prepared the way I ordered it....it was almost well done.
The waiter offered me a new steak, but I felt guilty because I had already eaten more than half...! I refused his offer, but then he insisted that they take it off the bill.
I protested, offered to pay half, but he insisted that I should not pay for it (I continued eating it..)....
I was impressed by this standard of service....unique for Ibiza...well done!

1  Thank Mibi S
Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

This place is just so fab, the staff, interiors and exteriors, food, it was all just so perfect.

Great for family, friends, couples. Magical garden at night and well worth a visit.

1  Thank AbbasMIr