“Work lunch”

Alpha Street Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #1 of 58 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Description: Your stylish local. Great service, innovative seasonal menu, extensive selection of craft beers and boutique wines. Serving delicousness from 11am, 7 days.
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Very pleasant updated villa style interior, and was very open throughout - no private areas I could see for a quiet bite with company. Food very nice, but not my style (bit fancy looking for me). Nearly chose the sirloin, glad I didn't. Was finely sliced raw? meat with salad (no mention on menu or by waitress). I had an upmarket lamb burger instead which tasted great and very filling. The marinated lambs ribs shared by all as a starter were really good. The look on the face of a work colleague told me the pork belly was just as nice and it looked great too. If I ever go back there (but not likely), I'll be trying the pork belly for sure if still on the menu

1  Thank W1CL

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Booked here for a group of ten for lunch on a Sunday. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals - presentation was lovely, service was fantastic and the food was awesome. Everyone enjoyed their meals and it was a great atmosphere at this restaurant. Prices were very reasonable. Always hard when booking for a group, especially not knowing the area - am so pleased I booked here and will definitely return.

2  Thank ExcitedTraveller1973
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Alpha street Kitchen & bar is great
Very nice menu!! something for everyone
Great wine menu
Friendly service
Great restaurant

Reviewed 5 June 2018

We were lucky enough to go twice in one week (a birthday and then Mothers Day) and it's always our first choice. No, it's not cheap, but the food is impeccable (no exceptions, ever!), the staff are always welcoming, relaxed and helpful.

Can't fault the service or the food, and I'm excited to say that it's my birthday month - we get to go again!

1  Thank Renee J
Reviewed 1 June 2018

I would say food for the rich .average person would be going to the nearest food bar .we asked for garlic bread but they don't serve got a bun a bottle of olive oil and a few herbs on top of a nob butter

1  Thank landbgraham
NoniMary, Owner at Alpha Street Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2018

Hi landbgraham

Really!? Do you think it’s OK to leave a review like this on a local small businesses TripAdvisor page?

Let’s address your points;
The bread: no, we do not sell garlic bread – we don’t hide this fact, all menus are published on our website and Facebook page, we also have no issue if people want to look at the menu prior to been seated.
Our bread is fresh locally made Volare wholemeal sourdough, served with a flavoured butter (for example; truffle, Manuka smoked, rosemary & honey, Indian spiced), flaky NZ sea salt and Number 29 Extra Virgin Olive Oil (one of the best and most awarded NZ producers).

Food for the rich – nope. Food for people who appreciate the best of NZ produce, good flavour and a nice environment with some of the best people in the business.

Given all of the above it is clear our values do not match. I think it would be best if you didn’t dine with us again.

All the best out there.