Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club by Diamond Resorts(San Miguel de Abona)(Great Value!)
US$63
  • Restaurant
Sunset View Club by Diamond Resorts(San Miguel de Abona)
  • Pool
Select Sunningdale(San Miguel de Abona)
  • Pool
Fairways Club(San Miguel de Abona)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Rural San Miguel(San Miguel de Abona)
TripAdvisor
Las Adelfas(Golf del Sur)
  • Beachfront
Finca Vista Bonita(San Miguel de Abona)
5,399 results
All reviewsa la carte restaurantnature reservelobby barla proaadult only areasboating lakesan blasclimbing walljacuzzi bathadult only poolbranded drinksveallos abrigosmain restaurantlunch and dinnerevening entertainmentplenty of choice
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Just back from a week at this exceptional hotel complex.
As the previous reviewer it's our first fully inclusive and were worried that the place would be over run with teenagers overdoing the wine and song.
There were 4 loud guys but the staff were on their case. So excellent 6 nights of the 7.
We were in A block, mid 3rd floor which faces south. It's a huge complex big comfortable rooms with excellent bathrooms and terrace/balconies. There 2 heated infinity pools are easily llarge enough. Food in the al a crate restaurant is excellent, the main restaurant does seem to rely on cheaper costs of meat but it is very well presented. Lunch was probably better than dinner.I is only a 20 minute walk into San Miguel with its restaurants and big marina, if going you really must book tH yellow submarine trip.
At 8 years old this is an exceptional hotel that fully deserves its 5 star rating.

Stayed: January 2016
5  Thank StevesDevon
subdireccionsanblas, Subdirector at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2016

Dear Mr. Devon,

Let me thank you for your confidence in our Hotel Sandos San Blas. After reading your review, I am really pleased to check that you could enjoy a fantastic winter escape finding more than appropiated our facilities and services. I am glad to see that the resort, the room, the pools and the food met your expectations, and all these aspects together made that you have finally got a nice experience.

I hope that we can welcome you again and we can provide you a new pleasant holidays in our facilities.

Thanks again and best regards.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Booked five days here last minute as we wanted to get away for a relaxing break with sunshine. It was our first stay in an all-inclusive resort and though certain aspects may not have been classed as 5 star, we were very pleased with the trip considering the price we paid.

The resort: Easy to get to (taxi costs €15 and takes about 10 minutes from Airport South) and efficient check-in, check-out process. All areas are very well-kept, clean, and nicely laid out - the restaurant and pool bar are some distance from reception and many of the rooms but this could be seen as a blessing for those who don't like to have a lot of coming & going past their hotel room. We enjoyed walking down for our meals each day and liked the layout, and had a good time playing pool outdoors in the evenings.
The adults' swimming pool is a good distance from the main pools so if you are looking to avoid noisier, busier areas then that's handy - though we never had any problems relaxing by the main pool save for a couple of occasions when loud music was played for an aquarobics class. There are plenty of activities to get involved in at certain times of day, though we avoided all of them save the Scuba diving which is actually arranged by a dive centre externally, and just charged to your room at the end of your stay (for a review of this check out the Zero Gravity diving page).
Helpfully, the hotel has a courtesy lounge so that you can shower and change before catching your flight home even if you've had to check out several hours before, which we very much appreciated.

However, a major drawback for me was the gym. The facilities available in the hotel gym are nowhere near what should be expected; it could really use some new weights, at least a pull up bar of some kind, and a rowing machine without a rusting chain that makes an awful racket when you get any kind of speed going. I would suggest a full refit of the gym if the hotel really wants to present itself as 5 star. That being said, it's right on the coast where there's a path all along the coastline, great for long runs by the sea.

The room: We were very fortunate to be placed in a room well away from the main areas of the resort, with a ground floor balcony that looked across the roof of the restaurant over the sea. It was quiet, completely dark at night, very clean, with a well-equipped bathroom and sunshine on our balcony from 10am til sunset. We were so happy with everything in the room... save for the fact the beds are on wheels! Unfortunately this means they move around, even with the brakes on, which is annoying if you're staying as a couple or wish to lean propped up against the wall to read a book - the bed will roll away beneath you.

The restaurant: Not outstanding food, but given this is an all-inclusive hotel we didn't expect it to be truly top quality. It's a buffet with a large variety of salads, meat dishes, fish dishes, breads, sides, soup, desserts, pastries, and so on. Pasta dishes are put together at your request and if you always go to pick up hot food when it's freshly laid out on the buffet you are sure to find something you enjoy. Service was great, drinks are brought to the table, and the staff are friendly and helpful, as they are in every part of the resort - the staff at the pool bar were simply fantastic. We did not try the hotel's main restaurant so unfortunately can't comment!

In summary, for a sunny coastal spot away from crowds of tourists where you can relax further by enjoying great service and not having to worry about how much you're spending on food or drink, then this is a solid choice. If you are a little fussier on the food you like to eat and expect an all-round 5* experience, perhaps this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Room B095 was great! Very private, all-day sun.
7  Thank AVS2305
subdireccionsanblas, Subdirector at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Dear Sharpy0253,

I would like to thank you for your confidence in our hotel for having chosen us to enjoy your holiday in Tenerife. Let me also thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. After reading your review, I am pleased to check that you enjoyed a nice time and you found satisfactory most part of our facilities and services. I take note about your suggestions about the gym, which we will use to consider the corresponding measures that can improve this area.

I hope that we can welcome you back and we can make our best to provide you a new pleasant holiday.

Thanks again, and best regards.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Just back from a week at this lovely hotel, friendly staff, great choice of food for people who are gluten intolerant, rooms and complex spotlessly clean, entertainment a bit hit and miss, would definitely return to this hotel.

4  Thank Jean M
subdireccionsanblas, Subdirector at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2016

Dear Jean M,

LI would like to thank you for your confidence in our hotel for having chosen us for your last holidays in Tenerife. Let me also thank you for the nice comment that you made about our facilities and services. It is too much appreciated the possitive valuations that you made about the staff, the food and the cleanliness. Thank you for pointing out these aspects and just to add that I am pleased that you enjoyed them.

I really hope that we can welcome you again soon, and we can do our best to provide you a new fantastic experience in our facilities.

Thanks and best regards.

Reviewed 24 January 2016 via mobile

Me and my friend flew from Bournemouth with Thomsons, excellent flights and transfer. On arrival checked in to room B357, rooms are large and we'll equipped. We only had couple of niggles beds bit hard and dripping toilet, but within 24 hrs both fixed mattress toppers.
Resort is large and it takes 10 to 15 minutes from pools at front to lobby.
Grounds are lovely and pool areas.
The food was superb, such a choice and you could eat as much as you liked..we had fresh cooked omelletes every morning.
All the staff where very friendly and helpful.
Only negative is the spa, I would not recommend a treatment, over priced and they do not understand proper treatment etiquette.
Otherwise brilliant and relaxing holiday, only left complex once. Would return.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Julier-Pink

Dear Julier-Pink,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel. It is too much appreciated that you have shared it and that it was so nice, since it means that could enjoy a pleasant stay and a relaxing days. I am sorry for the two discrepancies that you found in the room, although I am satisfied because both were fixed inmediately. I am also glad for the possitive valuations that you made about the grounds, the pools, the food and the staff. I regret that you did not like the spa treatments that you got. I do not what was wrong, since we usually get a very high satisfaction in the spa treatments. So, I will transmit your comments to the Spa Manager so that she can take note about that.

I hope to welcome you again in Sandos San Blas.

Thanks and best regards.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Just back after 17 days and I'm left wondering what this hotel is trying to be.Definately not 5 star. First impression was really impressive place,great room on 4 th floor which I would recommend . You get British tv too which is useful and the rooms at night are pitch black and very quiet if the beds themselves are a bit hard.wifi is free but useless. However soon found the place a bit of a maze.Its really spread out so its a distance to dinner ,takes at least 5 minutes to walk from restaurant to reception and I walk fast! Food is great but not the best I've had at an all inclusive which considering this is supposed to be 5 star it should have been. There's a family pool area near to the main bar along with an adults only area a bit remote from there and a number of quiet areas nearer reception for adults and children. Staff are great ,really friendly and helpful and the cleanliness is exceptional. Cant comment on the animation team as I hardly saw or heard from them all holiday. The nature reserve trip is probably worth it bit of walking to do and a little cheesy but you do discover a little about Tenerife history. Evening entertainment is ok especially in the bar,excellent saxophonist and some great female singers. Some of the acts in the main auditorium are also good. The La Proa restaurant isn't a gastronomic experience ,well maybe a bad one. Over seasoned, strange combinations of food that don't compliment each other in strange quantities . Wouldnt bother,best to go to one of the excellent restaurants in Los Abrigos, they are excellent! Overall the hotel is ok but I wouldnt go back as I don't think the hotel is any better from some of the less expensive ones in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a 3,4 or 5th floor room
7  Thank David B
subdireccionsanblas, Subdirector at Sandos San Blas Nature Resort & Golf, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2016

Dear David,

Let me thank you, at first, your confidence in our hotel for having decided to enjoy your last holidays in Tenerife with us. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to write about the impressions about your stay. Let me say that these comments are really useful for us since they allow us to know how was your stay and let us know our strenghts and weaker points to consider the measures and actions that could improve the quality of our services and, therefore, our guests' satisfaction. Following your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your holiday although there were some details that did not meet your expectations. Commenting some of these aspects, let me inform you that we provide a buggy service for that guests who prefer to go comfortably from one point to other of the hotel. Although there is not a long distance from one point to the opposite one (5 minutes as you said), we offer this service for disable guests or other ones that do not feel like walking too much.

Concerning the pools, let me inform you that we have two adults' pool for the satisfaction of these guest profile. One of them is close to the sea (the one that you refered), and this is the one most adults' guest prefer since you can be quiet and enjoying a beautiful views to the sea meanwhile you are taking your bath. Anyway, there is another one in the centre of the resort and really close to the Pool Bar for that ones that want to be more in the heart of the hotel.

Let me thank you for recognizing the good job of the staff, who is the main pillar of the hotel and who gives life to our facilities. We will transmit them your congratulations so that they can be proud for the good job they are doing. Besides, let me express my grateful for valuating so possitively the cleanliness, the nature reserve and the entertainment.

I hope that we can welcome you again. We will keep working to provide amazing experiences to our guests. As I said, I hope you can come back and we can demostrate you.

Thanks again, and best regards.