“Outstanding hospitality”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were staying at an all inclusive resort nearby, but having read reviews of Taverna Stelios, decided to give it a try. It is right on the beach between two hotels. We started with a fabulous meze of taramasalata, tzaziki, tapenade, dolmas and various cheeses, served with delicious warm pitta bread and slices of toasted buttery bread. My husband and I then had grilled sea bass , our friends had grilled octopus and moussaka, all was delicious. We were just pondering whether to have dessert or not when a huge platter of fruit and a plate of cakes and ice cream arrived, together with a small bottle of ouzo, a bottle of ouzo with orange and a bottle of raki, all on the house! The bill came to less than €20 each.
The owner then asked us where we had parked, to which we replied that google maps had taken us to a dead end which left us with a 5 minute walk across country and down lots and lots of steps. ( I must admit I wasn't looking forward to climbing back up then again!) "I'll take you back" he said and got his car out of the garage. We all jumped in and he took us back to our car. Amazing hospitality.
This is a wonderful restaurant which deserves to be much busier. I'm sure it must struggle with all the all inclusive hotels on the island, so if you are on Crete, give the hotel dinner a miss one night and treat yourself to a visit to Taverna Stelios. You won't be disappointed.

2  Thank reigatebev

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

You feel the love and warmth of this family Taverna. The family is wonderful. They went out of their way to make my baby’s day special, will never forget it!

Stelios special cocktail a must!

The Cair Greek brut so yummy

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Great family run restaurant, great food,
Amazing view and nice atmosphere with
beautiful relaxing colors.
High recommended...

1  Thank katerina v
Reviewed 28 December 2017

A right little gem of a restaurant - right on the beach, excellent value for money, lovely staff and delicious food. I can't say a bad word about the place - my partner and I visited Taverna Bar Stelios in September this year, while on an all-inclusive holiday at the beautiful Seaside Resort & Spa hotel just up the hill from there, and we loved it so much we went back again a couple nights later. Would definitely recommend and we would definitely like to go back again one day.

1  Thank Scarlett S
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

The staff were warm and welcoming. We ordered lots of starters and had a meze style lunch which the staff were happy to provide. As a vegetarian, I'd happily recommend that as an option because, like most places in Crete, veggie options are limited. Food was delicious and the portion sizes were very generous. Fresh orange juice is made on site we loved how it was presented - pink Grecian athlete stirrer and all!