Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
kevinY6094IM
Kent, United Kingdom

Great family friendly hotel with lots to do

Review of Parc Hotel
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 Aug 2018
The Parc hotel and the surrounding complex is fantastic for families, with at least 6 pools that we found and all the sporting and entertainments fun that was out on to entertain the guests was great.The evening shows were good and the staff were very friendly.There is a free shuttle bus to the town which takes 10 mins and is very well worth a visit for shops, historical buildings, and boat trips on lake Garda.Overall a fab hotel
Date of stay: August 2018
3.2 km from Parc Hotel
    HK$2,316
The Pool at the Camping Bella Italia
HK$1,589
Earn rewards for every stay
3.5 km from Parc Hotel
    HK$787
Pool
View more hotels in Peschiera del Garda
1,456 results
All reviews shuttle bus relax pool lake garda indoor swimming pool ice cream mini bar great family pizza and pasta would highly recommend this hotel day trip verona airport children peschiera gardaland alessia inghams robes
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Having read some of the reviews before our trip, I was genuinely worried about what I’d let myself (and my family) in for. However, I needn’t have as it was a great family holiday!

Large resort with three outdoor pools (all with children playing in them even though one should have been adults only) and a few pool bar cafes serving pizza, pasta, burgers, chicken kebabs etc which served lovely food.

We were booked in for half board and the buffet restaurant served a varied selection of food which at first glance catered more for German tastes, but there was always a selection of three pasta dishes, a couple of meat dishes, fish and veg. There was always tonnes of salad (even at breakfast!) and food was of a good standard. There’s no chips, burgers, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, etc. The trousers for men policy wasn’t upheld at all and wine and beer was included with dinner. Large measures at the bar too.

Location is out of the resort and like others have said, you cannot walk into Peschiera but there is a shuttle bus that runs on the hour (except between 12 and 4). From peschiera you can get to loads of other places around the lake by boat or bus.

Rooms were spacious, airy and clean and were perfect for a family of three. We just had a double in the main block which had a spacious balcony.

Entertainment for the children was brilliant. The team work soooo hard to entertain the children. This included; Little Mermaid and Tarzan theatre productions, live music, Cartoon Character parade and baby dance. It changed locations every night and if you’re room was near to the Laguna Pool or the theatre you’d have a few nights of loud noise which would have irritated me but luckily we were over in the main block so we had some live music until 11 but that was it. Our three year old luckily napped in the afternoon and so stayed up late enough for this not to be a problem.

Staff were friendly and professional.

Overall a really relaxing week with good food and a happy 3 year old, which obviously means happy mum and dad!!!

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

We stayed here in a half board basis with our 7 and 5 year olds. The hotel is listed as 4* but I'm not sure on what basis.
We arrived later than expected thanks to our airport transfer waiting for another flight which was late. We were bluntly told that we had 5 minutes to get our suitcases to our room and get back downstairs before the restaurant closed. The restaurant staff stood glaring at us whilst we did our best to get some sort of meal down the children.
The noise level in the room from the evening "entertainment" was sufficient for us to have to shout at the kids to be heard: we asked to move rooms the next day as this had gone on well past 11pm which is late for our children, only to be told there are no quiet rooms as the entertainment(which was some of the worst we've seen) alternates locations. What that means is that every other night, you've no chance of sleeping before midnight.
The food at the buffet was extremely hit and miss: the electric sockets in our hotel room were hanging from the wall. The beds were dreadfully uncomfortable.
The pools are quite spread out; there are nothing like enough dinners and the staff really don't care. The so called kids pool is a 5 minute walk from a toilet, which is a nightmare with younger children. The pool with a toilet blares yet more high volume Euro pop most of the day.
Sadly I could go on but I think you get the gist. Avoid!

Room tip: Not a chance apparently
2  Thank RedW357
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I have thought long and hard about this review. I do review a fair bit and rarely leave bad reviews, I only do so if really moved by a bad experience, otherwise I simply don't leave a review, its much easier to write good reviews.
Pro's.
Clean , rooms excellent and pool area and grounds really well maintained. The staff are also very good from reception staff to cleaners.
Cons.
For my family, wife and 2 little ones under 5 it was too far out of the centre. You can't walk into town with kids, it would be too dangerous, there is no walking path.There is a shuttle bus and the driver is great, but at peak times it is a menace, German people don't like to queue, local taxis are not abundant, however the hotel will order one for you. Getting back can be a long wait and a pain.
The biggest issue we had is not one I think the hotel can resolve. The patronage is at best guess over 70% German. My wife's heritage is Sri Lankan however she was born and brought up in the UK. Between the dates we were at the hotel my wife ( 11th and 18 July 2018) for the first time in her life noticed people having problems with her colour, and our mixed race marriage, my heritage is white Anglo Saxon. It was palpable.We hired a car in order to escape the atmosphere.
I spoke to some younger German couples and they were apologetic, Mrs Merkel open door policy and Brexit have led to a returning of old held beliefs best left buried.
The moral is, if you are a mixed race couple from the UK, avoid this hotel.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Disclaimer: This review applies only to the Parc Paradiso Hotel part of the resort - I can't speak for the Active Hotel or the self-catering accommodation.
Where to start with my review of this hotel, which fell so far short of our expectations of a four-star experience? I suppose I could begin with the stand-offish, arrogant attitude of the reception staff upon check-in, which prevailed throughout our stay. On arrival, there was no offer of help with our luggage, or any explanation of what our package entailed. We had booked all-inclusive but we needn't have bothered - in addition to breakfast, lunch and dinner, it consisted of a very limited menu of beverages and snacks, which were served by equally stand-offish and arrogant bar staff. There was almost an air of begrudgery and defensiveness whenever we requested an AI item - our drinks were served in plastic cups even when miles away from the pool, while snacks were practically flung at us.
Our room was ample in size, clean and modern, with a spacious balcony. Housekeeping, however, was again below expected 4-star standard. Towels were replaced daily but the replacements were often marked with mystery stains, and items like milk and tea weren't replaced. Air con in the room was controlled by the hotel and only put on at certain times of the day.
The buffet meals (part of the AI package) were adequate, but limited in choice, with dishes not used up at dinnertime often reappearing at lunchtime the following day. Breads, pastries and cakes were also left out in the open for a party of flies to happily snack on - surely something could have been done to keep them covered? We also didn't appreciate the fact that if we dined at separate times, we were singled out by the wait staff and told where to sit (despite the fact that the dining room is huge and not sectioned off).
Facilities were good, not great - the gym was ancient, with rusting machines and obscene pictures on the walls. The staff in this section were marginally friendlier, at least. I can't speak for the spa or indoor pool as I didn't avail of these.
The hotel operates a shuttle bus to and from the centre of Peschiera. Again, the reception staff proved rude and unhelpful in this regard. We visited GardaLand during our stay and were advised by the girl at the information desk that the bus could pick us up from the train station (where the GardaLand shuttle bus is located), provided we rang the hotel in advance. On returning to Peschiera that evening, we did as we were told and phoned ahead, only to be told by the receptionist that the bus would not pick us up. We were forced then to walk along the main road and flag down the bus as it was returning to the hotel.
The two stars are based upon the hotel itself, which was clean, airy and beautifully landscaped (2 large pools with plenty of deckchairs); the girl on the information desk located next to the reception desk who was easily the friendliest and most helpful staff member we encountered during our stay; and the entertainment team, who kept us amused each evening with songs and shows.
Unfortunately, what ultimately soured our stay at the Parc Hotel were not the bland buffet or remote location, but the staff. Every query or request, no matter how slight, was met with haughty disdain or indifference. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back came when my mother tried to order drinks at one of the bars. She was asked to produce her AI wristband (everyone gets one on check-in and has to produce it when ordering AI drinks/snacks). She was spotted taking it out of her purse by the manager, who then proceeded to chastise her in front of other guests for not wearing it. My mother has dermatitis and often takes reactions to different materials, so didn't want to leave the wristband on for a week. She was understandably mortified by the manager's behaviour.
Interestingly, when we wandered over to the Active Hotel, the staff in this section of the resort could not have been more courteous or helpful. They could do with teaching their colleagues about what constitutes good customer service. We weren't even asked how we enjoyed our stay on checking out; this, I feel, sums up the attitude of the staff towards their guests - cold disinterest.
If booking a trip to Lake Garda, I would advise you to avoid this hotel; there are other options beyond hotels and indeed beyond Peschiera if you're simply looking to visit the region. Lovely landscaping and a variety of facilities cannot make up for substandard service and a lack of professionalism.

Room tip: The rooms are arranged in two wings over 3 floors - ground floor rooms may be safer for families with young children
2  Thank SC1806
Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

Avoid this Hotel - I would not stay, even if paid for it - cancel your stay and find another hotel if already booked or find a different hotel if you are exploring this lovely region of Italy!

As a frequent traveler I never experienced such terrible service, low quality of food and dirty rooms (rated as 4 star - at max it should be classified as 2 stars) on all parameters a poor hotel!

We just stayed here for 12 hours and requested to checkout earlier as we were dissatisfied with the tidiness of the room as well as the service of staff at check-in which continued in the restaurant at the hotel (very poor cafe food - not why you go all the way to Italy and definitely not what you expect from a 4 star hotel...) The was not served together - adults before kids - those with small kids know how much it means to have the kids food served first - while the food itself was not reaching any eatable standard. “Luckily” the service was extraordinary rude e.g. ordered a dessert for the kids and they wanted to select the flavors of the ice cream scoops - but the ice creme desk was not clean - as other part of the hotel - hence the kids changed their mind, but the staff insisted me to pay - for the dessert as she said - we cannot change the order and you will have to pay no matter what...!?

This made me reflect - and I finally do understand why they charge you for the full stay at check-in - because of all the elements above will get everyone to leave right away if you knew beforehand - hence look for another hotel this is the worst hotel stay we ever had in Europe...

The early check out request was refused by the receptionist and even the Manager - which I insisted to inform about our experience - but I didn’t seem to bother him at all (guess he is used to it - given the above mentioned elements).

2  Thank Kristian F