“Alessandro is the Best! Wine, Food & Beautiful Tuscany.”

Montalcino Taxi and Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 6 Tours in Montalcino
More attraction details
Owner description: Car rental with Driver in Tuscany and all over Italy.Alessandro offer you a transfer service for hotels, airoport, wine tours, Weddings and other events, i have at your disposal with our comfortable new cars to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Alessandro fully respect the privacy of our clients while shaling and expertise abaut the Montalcino e Chianti areain which, i live andwork.For shopping trip, i can accompany you to the biggest outles in Tuscany in addition to dinner and evenin events
Reviewed 30 November 2016

Alessandro is a friendly, humorous and knowledgeable guide who we cannot recommend highly enough.

We spent a day with Alessandro during our recent honeymoon trip.
We traveled to picaresque Tuscan towns like Greve and Sienna, visited stunning wineries and tasted some of the regions most impressive vintages.

Alessandro picked us up at our hotel and expertly guided us through the country side, skillfully navigating the twisting roads through the Tuscan hills in his Mercedes.

He offered insights into local culture and a vast array of information from throughout Italy's history.

Alessandro was amazing at letting us have our space and enjoy our time together on the trip while always being there when needed. We really enjoyed his personality and felt that his presence was integral to our good experience.

He arranged lunch at one of the most delicious and authentic restaurants we visited during our trip, Le Logge in Siena. My wife is still day dreaming about the amazing dessert we shared and my mouth is watering just thinking about the amazing pasta dishes and the rabbit fricassee entree I enjoyed.

As a wine expert and owner of a local wine shop in his hometown, Alessandro helped pick the perfect accompaniment to our meal, tailored to my personal preference.

Tuscany is a difficult area to see on foot or by just relying on infrequent public transportation. Hiring Alessandro was money well spent! He made our lives easy and allowed us to enjoy this beautiful place.

Thank you Alessandro for an amazing day, it was certainly a top highlight from our honeymoon.

All reviews
"region"
in 7 reviews
"journey"

Reviewed 6 September 2016

We had an amazing experience visiting three wineries with Alessandro. He was very responsive over email helping us to plan the day and continued to show high class service throughout the visit. As a local to Montalcino, he literally knows everyone in town, which will help tailor the wineries to your specific taste. He is extremely knowledgeable about Brunello and communicates this knowledge very well. We were extremely happy that we selected Alessandro and would highly recommend him to everyone.

Reviewed 15 August 2016

I know that not everyone hires a driver when visiting Tuscany. Maybe you rent a car and drive yourself around to see wineries and the sites; but, depending on the size of your family/group, this experience is well worth the investment. Without question, we would do it again. I have been on many tours through the winemaking regions of France, Spain and Italy, but none better than this one.

Besides a newer, clean vehicle, our experience was enhanced tremendously by Alessandro's attentiveness and extensive knowledge of the region. Besides knowing every inch of Tuscany from a transportation perspective, our trip was thoroughly enhanced by Alessandro's knowledge of history and culture. If you are visiting for winery visits, his knowledge of the wines wines and wineries of Tuscany will surely impress and enhance your stay. Take a ride with Alessandro--it will be a great trip!!

Alessandro P, Proprietario at Montalcino Taxi and Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2016

Hello Steve
I can't leave a review on TA to you and your fantastic group but you was the best anyway your words make me feel really very happy and I wish to have all the groups like this.
With the hope to have the possibility to see you soon again here in Montalcino or in Tuscany.
Grazie 1000

Reviewed 28 July 2016

My Wife and I traveled to Italy for an 8 day vacation, along with 3 other couples. 4 days were spent in Tucsany, where Alessandro from Montalcino Tax & Day Tours was our group's driver and tour guide. Alessandro was an amazing driver and consistently went above and beyond to meet our needs and exceed our expectations. Alessandro was kind, knowledgeable, attentive, responsive, safe and incredibly accommodating. While walking through Castiglione, we past a small restaurant and a woman jumped up and ran to Alessandro to say hello and give him a big hug. She then said, "I love Alessandro, he is the best driver I've ever had..." The woman turned out to be from my hometown and we clearly shared the same positive experience with Alessandro. So, if you need a taxi to get you from one place to another, call a taxi. If you need to make sure you have a SPECIAL experience with someone who speaks fluent English, knows the area, and can help you with ANYTHING you need: how to ship wine cost effectively from Italy to home, where to get the best Gelato, details about every vineyard and region, or just a simple honest and sincere opinion then -- call Montalcino and ask for Alessandro! Many thanks, Alessandro, you made our trip very very special!! Tony & Mary

Alessandro P, Proprietario at Montalcino Taxi and Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Hello Tony and to the rest of the magic group.
Thank you very much for your review, I must be honest, all your company was great and when I find people like you it is a plasure for me to work and to show my area to you.
All the best and thanks again.