Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Agoda.comUS$215
ZenHotels.com
Hotels.com
Expedia
3,208 results
All reviews deluxe area activity area relax area first choice high ropes football academy deluxe side swim up room kids club lazy river swim academy swim up bar deluxe pool swimming lessons cosmopolitan restaurant entertainment team irish bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

3/5 Value for money
4.5/5 Entertainment & Pools
3/5 Accomodation

We’ve experienced proper all inclusive in Mexico years ago and often find European 5* is never quite 5*. This was the case again. In this case it was no higher than 3* considering the price of the holiday.

The food (buffet) has lots of choice, but for the money, it’s was extremely poor quality. Everyone we spoke with agreed that the food was disappointing. We renamed grill corner ‘happy corner’ as the cook there was so miserable everyday. He needs to smile. The poor quality was also common with the all inclusive drinks too. The soft drinks tasted like syrup, beer was poor and cocktails were not nice. The restaurants are limiting too, you can only eat there once every 7 days (3 times), and you must prebook. The three restaurants are Greek (situated in another hotel) 3/5, Italian 4/5 and American 3/5.

The entertainment team were really excellent. Their enthusiasm was infectious, and considering how late in the season it is, we were all really impressed by them. Team leader Davey was excellent, and I would be surprised if Aaron and Linsey aren’t snapped up for bigger things in the future as they stood out as super talented.

The pool areas are great, lots to do. We had an activity swim up room, we had the sun the entire day, tip: try to get rooms 2102-2104 as all others are in the shade for large parts of the day. Also if you go relax side you face a walk to the main pools/entertainment every day as those rooms are across the road. It’s def not a couples place, great for the family tho. The rooms are fine, a little tired looking, bathrooms need a good deep clean, otherwise was fine.

Overall, it’s such a shame that the food and drinks were so poor. We were fine with a tired looking room, especially given the fantastic entertainment and pool areas. First Choice either need to reduce their prices to be inline with food/drink quality, or they need improve the quality of produce and introduce some inclusive branded drinks.

2  Thank Gary W
HVRGuestsRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantica Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for bringing your feedback to our attention.

We are very glad to note you thoroughly enjoyed The Entertainment and our Pool areas.

As you can surely attest, we consistently receive excellent feedback. However, it is very important to us to thoroughly review less positive comments to further improve the product and services of our hotel as it is our aim to provide the best guest service and to continuously improve ourselves.
We will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant department heads for review and action.

All the best to you and your Family.

Michelle C Guest Relations.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel late at night to a warm welcome of Prosecco and Iced water. Staff at reception were very friendly and checked us in really quick. Got our luggage and took it to our room for us. We were made aware that there was a late night buffet or sandwiches in our room. We made our way with difficulty to the Activity area where they were serving. It was really dark and no signs were lit up to help us find our way (It is much easier in the daylight) upon entering the restaurant we were disappointed with the options available. Either a Cheese toastie which you do yourself, a lasagne that looked like it had been there for days (tasted like it also) some fruit and salad which had flies around it and a cheese pasta which my son said tasted like sick. Being very hungry we ate a toastie and decided we could check out the food in our room. Sadly, there was no food in our room. Although the mini bar was stocked with a few canned drinks which were strangely warm. Upon inspecting the fridge, it was clear it wasn’t working. I pulled it out and noticed the wiring was loose. It was easy to get it back on though but not the best way to start.

We stayed in the deluxe area with a 10 year old and 6 year old. First impression of the room was that it was really average. Have stayed in other 5* resorts in the past and the room compares very badly to them. The room was quite small but the bed was very big. Way too many decorative pillows on there though, literally 4 on each side. When having to put these on the floor when your ready to sleep, there is hardly any room. Main TV was absolutely fine with various channels. Children’s section was adequate with 2 single beds but the TV was not working. Nice view of the mountains from the balcony. Not much storage space I found for a family of 4, no space under the bed to hide suitcases and it was very dirty under there. The bathroom was average although I did like the various settings on the Albatross shower. The shower itself was very loose from the wall though which was concerning at times. When using one setting such as the handshower, the jets and overhead shower would still leak out.

Informed reception in the morning that the children’s TV was not working, they were very attentive and said the maintenance man would attend so headed for breakfast.

The breakfast was buffet style and served items such as eggs, sausages, bacon, yoghurts, fresh fruit, cereal and pastries. I found the breakfast of very poor quality, I lost patience having to put my bread through the toaster 4 times before it was crispy and resorted to eating bacon on the times we made the effort to attend for breakfast. The eggs were very oily and the sausages tasted really cheap. Kids refused to eat the cereal as they said it tasted sour which I can attest too. The pastries were ok but lacked flavour. Majority of the staff in the Deluxe restaurant were very friendly but could sense they could not wait for the season to end. Due to the quality on offer, we only went to breakfast on 4 occasions during our 2 week stay. (We are not fussy eaters either)

The lunch in that restaurant was not much better. Everything just tasted really cheap and the flies around the fresh items was very off putting.

We resorted to using the snack bar in the activity area which was much better! The kebabs were fresh and tasty, staff very friendly. Also served items such as Chips, Chicken Nuggets, Pizza and Burgers which tasted much better from there than the deluxe restaurant.

The evening A La Carte meals were much better. The soups were consistently good, staff attentive and various options on offer each night. I enjoyed meals such as the English Roast, Turkey in a cheese sauce, Pork fillet and a couple of beef dishes which were very tasty yet I can’t remebcee the name of. The dessert offerings were very poor. The same chocolate cake on offer every night with an Orange cake and vanilla mousse. That was a let down but on the whole we were impressed with the evening meals.

It is a must to book in to the American and Italian restaurants. The food on offer is very tasty and of a much higher quality than the buffet restaurants. In West Bites we enjoyed the various starters which included Nachos, Mushrooms in batter, BBQ chicken wings and a baked cheese artichoke dish. There is a lot of food to eat..... I had the main of Streak and Potatoes. The steak itself was cooked very well but the sauce was very tangy and took away from the taste. The potatoes were delicious. Had the waffle for dessert which was also very nice! The Italian restaurant was outstanding and the best meal I had during the 2 weeks. Bread and oils to start with a lovely tomato soup. Had the starter of Mushroom Risotto which was sublime. Had Pizza for mains which was quite average but my partners soaghetti dish was very nice. Had the dessert of Chocolate Torte and finished off with an excellent Limoncello cocktail.

We received very negative reviews of the Greek restaurant from fellow guests and staff seemed very apprehensive letting us know where it was for some reason. We found it on the map and ventured over but decided not to visit. In hindsight, I do wish we would have tried it ourselves and not listened to others as the reviews got mire positive as our holiday was coming to an end.

Entertainment wise, very underwhelmed. We stayed in the Deluxe area and only saw the Activity team once during our stay. Children did not want to be left at the kids club but still felt they would have been included in other activities. The swimming pool is freezing, please take the feedback on board and heat it up. My children caught colds from either the Air Con or the Pool. Also unsafe as a grate has fell off inside the pool somehow and my Son cut his foot open. The lifeguard attended to him promptly though, cleaned it up and put a plaster on. Very helpful. Toilets are very far away in the Deluxe area, have to go down some stairs and a long corridor before reaching them. Nice relaxed atmosphere around the pool though and the bar great for soft drinks. The evening entertainment was very repetitive up until 21.00. As our time progressed, we timed our evening meal to get there around that time. It seems suited for 4 and under. My youngest didn’t like it but did enjoy some of the songs. Some of the late shows though were very good such as the game shows, dancers, The Drifters, Ed Sheehan tribute and the quizzes. I must say though that the team work very hard and don’t seem to get a day off they seem to really enjoy their jobs and are a credit to the Hotel.

The water park was good and we spend around 3 days over there. 3 “Big Slides”, around 5 children’s slides and a lazy river. The kids enjoyed the majority of the time playing on the pirate ship. They did get bored though and feel the area could use an extension. My son rid the “big slides” on his first 2 visits but was refused entry on the 3rd occasion saying he needed another wristband. I understand this is the process but it should have been followed from the start, instead it caused him embarrassment and didn’t want to go on the slides after that.

On the 6th day, after my 3rd enquiry, the Children’s TV was fixed. The staff were always helpful when called upon but I felt that was a very slow process. On 3 occasions when I attended reception during the evening and the area was unnoccupied which surprised me. The ladies during the day were very helpful.

Now on to the bars..... the Irish bar had a good atmosphere, played sports highlights and housed a couple of pool tables and air hockey which the kids enjoyed. Although €2 for a game of pool is quite exuberant. The Pearl bar was very quiet and relaxing and was good to unwind. Now, I don’t drink much when I’m at home but on holiday I like to let my hair down and enjoy a few drinks. I have no problems with plastic cups due to the safety of the children but the quality of the drinks were very poor. The cocktails tasted like melted down ice lollies with cheap alcohol. For a 5* you would expect premium brands or top quality local brands at least. Myself and my Partner tried quite a few of them but asides from the Bellini they were real poor. The beer was not much better and tasted watered down. Nothing like the lovely Mythos you can buy around the Taverna’s in the area. There was a”premium drinks menu” which stated branded beers could be purchased at a supplement which I was willing to do but to no luck as they didn’t have any. Had to resort to purchasing them from the supermarket. Majority of the time we drank Pepsi and Lemon Fanta which were of good quality. The Diet Pepsi tasted horrible though across the resort.... may be a problem with the pumps or syrups?

Location wise, Kolymbia is not very built up and mainly houses all inclusive resorts. The beach is not very good but the water sports are available at a good price. Star Bar and Taverna Michel are in easy walking distance and are both nice places to relax. They have go karting, mini golf etc which can keep the kids occupied. It is around 30 minutes to Lindos and Rhodes Town. I really recommend going to these and using the Tour guide across the road from the activity reception, MUCH cheaper than in the hotel and the service was very good. Coaches were on time and around €80 Euro saving rather than using taxis or the hotel. Tsambiska beach is around 10 minutes away I really recommmwbd going there as it’s beautiful.

In summary, we really enjoyed our time in Rhodes as it is a beautiful place with a lot of interesting history. We took it upon ourselves to venture outside of this hotel though and find other things to do which made this holiday for us. All of the staff were really friendly and had a good Team Spirit but the quality of the Food and Drinks were a real let down to us. For the money I spent, I feel it was extortionate for what you get. The room is more like a 3*. We will definitely return to Rhodes but either to a different hotel or a private villa. Now judging by the other reviews, this is an anomaly. Don’t let my experience put you off from trying this yourselves. I just expected much better for the price attached. (I am going to the Caribbean next year for less) If you have children aged 4 and under, this will be perfect. Now judging by the other not so positive reviews, I expect a dismissive response but I really hope this is used as feedback. The place is close to perfect if you changed up a few things and improved the quality of suppliers.

If you are thinking of going to Rhodes, I highly recommend it. Such an amazing place.

5  Thank advisaguy

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to bring your feedback to our attention and we thank you for the kind comments regarding our Staff.
We are glad to note you really enjoyed our A La Carte restaurants, Water park and the late evening entertainment.

Your input, and the feedback of all our guests, is vitally important to us and we always want guest expectations to be met and even surpassed. In your case it would appear that we did not entirely meet your criteria and thus we would like to apologize that you were in some way dissatisfied with your holiday experience. That being said, rest assured that all issues that you have mentioned have been noted and sent to the appropriate departments for review.

We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

We have just returned from a wonderful two weeks here. Was such a fabulous resort and would definitely recommend to families.
On arrival we were given prosecco and juice for the kids which was lovely.
We had room 5506 was was the corner one In relax side. This suited us very well. Lots of space in the room and handy the kids beds were separate

The swim up area was lovely and the kids loved having the option of it although on last week we spent more time over at activity side

The staff are all great and work so hard to ensure your holiday is good. We had an incident a day when our daughter fainted in reception and within mins had four members of staff with us and a medic to check her over. This was very reassuring for a family hotel and the staff were great even sending food over for her to the room and calling to check on her
Every staff member is so pleasant and says hello which is wonderful and thy all work very hard

The kids club staff were very popular with our kids especially Doug, Schelbie and George although they all do a wonderful job and always have a smile and patience of stains to do what they do!

We also enjoyed the nights shows and entertainment provided. Davie, Alex , cat , Aaron and Lindsay are wonderful. They work tirelessly and always have a smile and even remember kids names which is nice

We got into the Italian and American restaurant with no problem and the food in both was lovely. The main buffet is nice but got slightly repetitive and wasn’t always to my taste but my kids loved the smaller buffet and the amount of salad and fruit available is great

Overall we loved this holiday. The hotel is lovely and staff are fabulous. Not sure we would return here next year as want to try the new one in lanzarote but would absolute recommend

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank kyrstig

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5-star review further to your visit to our hotel.

We were especially happy to read that you enjoyed the excellent and friendly service our staff provided you as well as the accommodations within our property. It’s always heartwarming to read such lovely comments and to realize that our guests appreciate the hard work we put in to making everyone’s stay special. Your kind words motivate us to continue offering the highest level of services and we truly thank you for that.
Thank you for recommending us to other other Holiday Makers.
We do hope to welcome you back in the Future.

Kind Regards,

Michelle C Guest Relations

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

Let’s start with the improvements that could be made.
- remove little plastic cups and replace with large hard plastic ones (we pay enough so you should be able to fund this)
- change the restaurant booking process or even better let poppy manage it
- extend the buffet restaurant, far too small
- find a new venue for wedding parties in the evening as you use the best relaxing bar on resort for this and not everyone wants to drink at the entertainment bar
- TURN DOWN THE VOLUME IN THE EVENING

We stayed for 2 weeks in a swim up family partition deluxe room and it was worth every penny of the upgrade.

The staff at reception were excellent every time I saw them including arranging for our shower to be fixed one evening. Very polite and professional although this was the relax/ deluxe side and we didn’t speak to the activity reception. Poppy in guest relations went above and beyond.

The deluxe pool was excellent and very quiet and relaxing. The bar was very good and the person serving us (forgot his name) was excellent at all times.

Our room was clean and smart, small signs of age but you have to look very hard for this. The room was bigger enough for us (2 adults, children aged 8 months and 3 yrs). The shower was excellent and it was so nice to have a separate bath and shower.

The deluxe restaurant was brilliant nearly every time we went, the evening meals are very nicely presented and tasty. Olga, Maria and Christopher were excellent and always went out of their way to support us. All staff in here were excellent with all children.

The American restaurant is lovely though be aware your get lots of starters! The Italian was the best as service in here was second to none. The Greek one good with excellent service.

Only visited the buffet a few times and it’s too small and not enough choice considering the amount of guests.

The water park is excellent and keeps both children and adults entertained, the lazy river is wicked.

The kids club is brilliant and Doug was brilliant with our son who struggled to settle in. The crèche also brilliant and all staff great.

The bar staff at the entertainment stage bar both day and evening were very good and very good with the children.

The entertainment is average but you should know this prior to visiting if you do your homework.

The complex is kept in excellent condition and always clean and tidy.

The general manger was always visible and always talking to all guests which makes a refreshing change.

Overall we would return as the complex is very nice and staff amazing.

Top tips:
- use poppy in guest relations
- our room had sun from 0900 to 1800
- star bar next door is an excellent family bar and shows all sports
- use George’s shop next door

5  Thank oxfordred

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review!
We are very glad to note that you had an excellent Holiday. Your comments and insight will certainly help future travelers to our hotel. In addition, your review has motivated us to continue offering the highest level of services and we truly thank you for that.

We were all very pleased and touched to read your comments about our staff's overall customer relations. As you can attest, our hotel staff and management is renowned for both its friendliness as well as its professionalism and we all take pride in providing all our guests with world class service.

Finally, and as it is our aim to provide the best guest service and to continuously improve ourselves, your comments and suggestions for improvement have also been sent to the appropriate departments for review and action.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Michelle C Guest Relations.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

I wanted a nice family holiday with a wedding in the middle and what we got was so much more!!

When we arrived we realised the travel agency had made mistakes when we booked this hotel and gave a false impression of where the wedding would be held. I was so upset but the hotel staff and Poppy turned it all around to be even more perfect than I had been imagining while planning.

Poppy not only helped me plan a perfect wedding along with Ella but she works so hard in the background to make sure that all guests are happy and enjoying themselves, she can’t do enough to help, she is an incredible person! And if Poppy is unavailable Michelle is just as lovely.

Evening entertainment was great my two of 5 & 2 loved it. Davey, Alex, Cat & Aaron were my sons hero’s for two weeks and he still talks about them and sings their songs now. They are very good with the kids and always smiling.

We used swim academy while visiting, Hazel & Emily are brilliant with the children, they are patient and make it so much fun for the kids, that they are engaged and my son has come on leaps and bounds due to their efforts.

Giannis (spelling?) from the relax swim up bar is hilarious, great with the children and even better with the adults.

This hotel is clean, the food is great but the staff make it! Everyone is friendly, helpful and all have a smile on their face no matter what. I will be back next year and I’m already counting down the days.

Date of stay: September 2018
2  Thank _hayley_saunders1
HVRGuestsRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantica Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Dear Hayley,

Thank you for your 5 star review!
Its always a pleasure to receive such a wonderful review but especially from one of our Brides.
Thank you for your kind comments regarding Poppy she really does work hard to make sure Her Brides and Grooms do have the most special day so it is lovely to read that she achieved this and you had an even more perfect day than you could have imagined.
Thank you also for the kind comments regarding other Staff members they all do work incredibly hard so your review is very much appreciated.
We are looking forward to seeing you all again next year.
All the best to you and your family.

Michelle C, Guest Relations.