Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com
Expedia
Agoda.com
3,279 results
All reviews deluxe area activity area relax area first choice high ropes football academy deluxe side swim up room kids club swim up bar swim academy lazy river deluxe pool irish bar cosmopolitan restaurant swimming lessons entertainment team
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just wanted to let everyone know what a lovely holiday we have had here! We travelled early June for a 2 week holiday. We travelled with 4 adults and 4 children aged 5,7,8,and 9. No problems with airport or transfers. When we arrived at about 0100 at the hotel we had a very warm welcome and check in was quick and smooth. Our luggage was taken to our rooms while we had something to eat and drink.
Room: Only disappointment was that we had to share a room with our 2 children. We stayed in the activity area so not sure if all the rooms were like this or not, however the room was cleaned daily, friendly cleaner, large bathroom and comfy beds. We had a view over one of the pools. Balcony had sun in the morning and shade in the afternoon. Couldn't hear noise from anyone else, the only noise we had was if it was windy it whistled through the door but we just put a towel at the bottom which helped. The TV was rubbish picture was poor and very limited choice but we weren't there to watch TV!! You get a clothes airer on the balcony which was very useful! We were very pleased to be next door to our friends which we had requested.

Food: No problems with the food at all! Varied choice over the 2 weeks. I am a fussy eater as is my 5 year old but we didnt have any problems. Excellent service from all the waiters and waitresses! Always friendly, they gave the children high 5s and shook our hands each time. We only had lunch in the main area once, in the day we ate from the grill mostly which offers limited food but all we wanted ie chips, pizza or sandwiches and salad. On our day trips out we took advantage of their pre ordered packed lunch which you order the day before. Just to let you know you must return the cool bag the same day as they will charge you!! We went to the Italian when it was one of the childrens bday the food was lovely and service excellent! Also went to the Mexican which was fab! They gave us loads of different foods and again service was excellent.

Trips: We booked some excursions through our rep Melissa who was fab!! We went to the waterpark which I would recommend and we all really enjoyed! You can sneak in a packed lunch no problems although the waterpark doesnt like it! Prices for food and drink there were not too bad. We did a half day pirate trip on a boat which the children enjoyed, again I would recommend this one. We also paid to go to Lindos and Tsambika beach. It cost a lot to do this trip and I wouldnt do it again as time was very limited and it would be cheaper and easy enough to do these on your own. We had no problems using the local buses. The reps give you a timetable which we used, however sometimes they were on time and sometimes we had to wait up to half an hour but they are so cheap! We took a taxi to Faliraki one day which was 20 euros on the bus home it was 2 euros per adult!! We also went to Rhodes on the bus and I would recommend Rhodes old town!! Kolymbia town is worth a visit aswell and you can walk there from the complex. I used the spa with my friend and her daughter for her bday. Had a lovely massage and they enjoyed their treatments aswell, again friendly staff and reasonable prices.

Entertainment: The children enjoyed the kids clubs especially my 5 year old! I was so worried as his age group was different to the other 3 but he was happy to go on his own and asked daily to go! As it was out of season ish the afternoon and evening groups were together so all 4 children went together which was brill!! The kids reps were all very good at their job and my 5 year old loved Greg and Lauren! There was family entertainment on in the day but we didnt really take part (our choice) but did do archery, darts and raft building. We did enjoy the daily quiz around the main pool though!! The evening entertainment was very repetitive especially when you are there for 2 weeks!! Kids loved the widgets and i 5 live every eve. We enjoyed bingo (and won) but after that it wasnt for us! They need to look at outside acts to come in. Saying this they were all really friendly and enthusiastic about their work Gee, Lucy, Kylie, Keith Philly and Ian worked hard and were fun but did lack talent in some areas. If the children went to kids club in the evening we were able to go over to the adults bar which was nice and chilled with live music some evenings. The children liked the sports bar as they could play pool and table tennis but there could be improvements here like better TV channels and more TVs if its a sports bar.

We stayed in the activity area which was perfect for us. Everything is so close even when we went over to the adults bar or the swim up bar its not far at all! The complex is very clean. All the bar staff were really friendly. There were huge locusts around and I mean huge but they are harmless and its fun to see people freak out a bit lol!! Our friend was bitten a lot by mosquitos bless her so I would take repellant. On departure the hotel team come and wave you off and give you water for the journey a very special touch!
Overall this was a fab holiday that I would highly recommend to any family. We have done the holiday village in Costa Del Sol and this was slightly better!

2  Thank sarahd1303
HVRGuestsRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Atlantica Holiday Village Rhodes, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Just returned from the Hotel with the Family and had a great stay. We had a swim up room but didn't use the balcony as we stayed around another family members room area most the week.

Arrived at 10pm to a glass of Champers and was told we could go straight in to restaurant to eat which was a bonus. A Beatles Tribute was playing and did a decent hour..Ive heard worse believe me.

The buffet everyday was fantastic and good for both kids and adults. Drinks were spot on and never once did the bar staff complain about what you where having. which Ive had on previous all inclusive hols.

Entertainment was great for the kids all day and the night. They have Beatles and Drifters acts on. The later ones are great and got everyone involved. The Bingo did drag on but it is one of them games..The reps did a great job and always got the kids involved..

Staff are great and are very polite.

Pool was great and certainly not cold..and who drinks coffee in the room when you have a Buffet?

Overall we had a great week.

I cant get my head round some of the comments on here as by 9.30 a lot of people disappear to sit on their balcony and play cards...???? but moan about a game of bingo..I had the impression there was a few stuck up types who thought they should be staying at the Ritz. I have stayed at some of the top hotels in Vagas and New York and this has been our best FAMILY holiday..

In my eyes you cant go wrong if you have kids and thats the most important thing..

9  Thank ashley c

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your 5 star review.

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We have just returned after 2 weeks at Holiday Village Rhodes. We stayed in a Deluxe swim up room - 4302.

We chose this hotel as the facilities looked great to keep our children- aged 6 & 4 (5 out there) and ourselves entertained. Sadly I was really disappointed. We go on holiday to spend time as a family not to get rid of our children & really felt even from welcome meeting that the main point of his hotel was get rid of the kids to "kids club".

A holiday is what you make it & we did have a great time- but, I can honestly say we would never return to ANY holiday village not just this one.

The rooms are lovely- just like the brochure. It's compact but has plenty of storage and fine for family of 4. Our swim up room had the sun from 2 on, this was perfect as we didnt want to be up at 6am to save loungers!! We took the morning hours to visit the beach, water park etc. You will not get a lounger in Deluxe unless you save them very early!!

The food is generally very good, we had no problems in finding something to eat- the children's menu doesn't change at all but they are fine to order off main menu. Italian & Greek were nice- bit of a canteen feel, Mexican is in the Scandinavian tropical deluxe hotel & is very nice- feels more like a hotel restaurant with constant service and not busy.

Drinks were ok- not enough drink stations & the bars are small- expect to queue in main evening activity bar ( this really needs changing) for the amount of guests it's ridiculous.

Kids club is permanent! They were on until 11pm & honestly couldn't fathom this. Out of the 2 weeks my children went once and this was our choice as parents - the kids clubs are fantastic they are safe and lots of fun, the girls and guys are genuinely lovely but our holidays are quality time together not for someone else to look after them.

Entertainment is dire! To compare it to Haven is slander! Haven have childrens entertainment then in to professional acts for family/ adults etc with the odd BGT or X Factor reject this resort has not got that! It is the same every night and I'm sorry but it is not even 2* & if the reps are told to do act and entertain like that every night their manager should be sacked!!

We had 3 days of rain and the village can't cope with rain!! Everything is outside- stage eating areas etc, the indoor restaurants areas obv get full but to shut the water park is mental! Your wet anyway!!

Rant over!!

There is a nice shingle beach across the road from deluxe side- it is 8e for 2 loungers and an umbrella for the day.

Order a packed lunch if you want bottled water- you get 4 per lunch & it's free.

Go to rhodes town, lindos etc on the public orange bus! It's 3.50 euro adult and really good! Use the bus stop opposite Alfa hotel as this is first pick up and you'll defo get a seat! Return journey just as easy.

Spa is lovely, I had a spa pedicure which was lovely. Don't bother with a manicure it was not good. As a guest you get 15% off.

Deluxe guests can use the tropical Scandinavian deluxe hotel & I would recommend this for a day away from village! The pools are much nicer and the general area is genuinely in a different league.

The watermark is ok until you see the Aegean blue one! Guests can request to use that one too- blue band! (rep won't tell you- ask!)

The holiday village grounds are spotless and the staff from cleaners to managers are working constantly! This hotel is relatively new & in top 5 of trip advisor, I can't see it staying there.

Our daughter was 5 while on holiday & in your welcome pack you have a leaflet from guest relations saying all you can have- when I told him she was 5 he said have a cake! On the day we had a chocolate cake ( like the one available every night in the restaurant) and a sparkler, we took our own candles and some sprinkles on the tables. She was chuffed and so were we- really felt special with the hospitality.............until on our last day they posted a bill of 20 euro under our door! This summed it up for me! Class.

Room tip: Swim up room was definately worth it, we had 2 loungers and sun all afternoon.
2  Thank jjrae1

Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed at Holiday Village Rhodes from 15th-29th May. Check in was speedy as we had booked private taxi transfer so avoided the mass crowd that arrived about 45mins later! First impressions were good, hotel was large and clean and our room was a good size and modern. However this is about as good as it got!We have stayed in many 4&5starhotels and this hotel should not be rated 5 star for many reasons! there is a fridge in the room but it is empty! Tea and coffee provided but not replenished after use and is then chargeable after and you have to pay for saftey deposit box. There was no room service available ( which we we would have expected to have to pay extra for) which proved a problem when our daughter came down with a sickness bug and wasn't really well enough to leave the room...this meant we had to take her out to the buffet at each time of the day in order to be able to eat ourselves...not ideal! Our room was in the activity area but we much preferred the relax pool area...much quieter and the clientele around this pool seemed to be quite different to that in the activity! Unfortunately there are a lot of people at this resort who just seem to want to get drunk all day and be loud and annoying...... The word chav tastic comes to mind!. Within a couple of days we needed to get out of the hotel at every opportunity just to get away from this behaviour! the room we stayed in had a problem with the hot water and it was impossible to bath or shower between 6-7pm every single day for two weeks as the water was absolutely freezing! we reported the problem however maintenance were unable to fix the problem, not acceptable for a 5star hotel! The room cleaning was fairly basic, the re was an insect on the window sill in the shower when we arrived and it was still there a few days later, also the hand soap dispenser ran out during our first week and was not replenished for the rest of our stay! A description I have read on here of butlins abroad sums up the entertainment at the hotel, it's all about the kids until 10pm which in my opinion is too long/late and there is bingo every single night which is soo boring!
I don't want to go on about all the bad points as I could continue, but on the positive side....... Selection of food in the buffet is very good, facilities for kids is fantastic (after all it seems the hotel is all about them and not the adults), restaurant staff are very friendly and efficient.
star bar across from the hotel was a regular stop for us every day, and we walked to the sandy beach many times in the two weeks, only taking 10/15 mins. Make sure you get out of the hotel and experience the real Greece!
All in all, the hotel is fine if you dont have high expectations, but we will not be returning to this or any other holiday village in future!

Date of stay: May 2013
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Kelsta

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Didn't get of to a great start arrived to a power cut with a disabled man and a 9month baby, they had out my disabled father in law up a flight of stairs, although this was down to sales reps over the phone. This was sorted the next day. Food was delicious and staff could not have been more helpful. Our baby took ill and we needed our rm cleaned more than once a day, nothing was too much trouble. A big shout out to rep Keith who always took the time to ask how our baby was, kids entertainment was fantastic but nothing for adults. The reps worked so hard I felt they made the holiday, they deserve a medal each and everyone of them. Hotel staff were also a credit to the hotel nothing was too much trouble and as I was so worried about our baby they did everything they could to put our mind at rest, all inclusive was a bit confusing, no free water on arrival no top ups if tea and coffee, the little things. Would say this was more of a four star than a five. Flight times are very late ad having to pay extra to keep a rm was over the top. First choice your reps are a credit to you and deserve a pay rise!!. To the manager of the hotel your staff are a credit to you I hope you appreciate them as much as we did. I would not recommend this resort for young babies as it is very stressful especially when they become ill. Drinks were ok. Did notice that the water from bar sometimes had a strange after taste not sure if this was residue in the pipes. Had no complaints with the food, something for everyone, although I did struggle with finding stuff for baby. Kids clubs went on too late and not enough adult entertainment, this is not the reps fault but first choice need to address this. Plenty to do for kids at 10 my little girl loved it. A few wee tweaks and this could be a 5 star but not as it stands. Reps keep up the fantastic work!!,

Trip type: Travelled with family