All reviews old city lovely courtyard golf buggy squeezed orange juice cruise ship passengers an early morning flight hotel owner turkey thought of everything yogurt restaurant recommendations exceptional hotel the perfect place to stay a wonderful stay small hotel quiet street coffee machine
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Upon arrival upgraded to the suite, the benefit of travelling off peak season
Only 5 rooms, very personal service
Substantial and tasty Greek breakfast including fresh squeezed orange juice and fresh fruit
Served outdoors in enclosed courtyard, very private and secure
Host, John, met us at the City Gate and transported us and our luggage to the hotel in a golf cart (very functional) Much better than walking and pulling luggage on cobblestone

Unusual circumstance husband became very ill and required hospitalization – John was very concerned and helped arrange medical assistance and transport to hospital – communicated with hospital staff to ensure we had what was needed

Checked with wife every day to ensure her comfort and transportation needs were met

Very grateful for the support so far from home

Transported to the port to catch our ferry very early on the morning that we left Rhodes
Good wifi

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank koalakoala500
Reviewed 26 October 2017

I stayed here for 8 days and I don't regret a moment . A beautiful hostelry , a charming hostelry - all in all a very wonderful place to stay . Right in the heart of the old Medieval Town of Rhodes I don't think you could be better placed for sightseeing . I found my room to be near rather than far from everything worth seeing in Rhodes Town . I walked a lot .... it is probably one of the most fascinating places I have ever stayed for a wealth of reasons . Do your homework - read some history to give you some perspective . John the owner was a gold-mine of information and he can relied on for an awful lot of things other than providing you with a luxurious nights lodging . A very cool gentleman . My Room was BIG , very comfortable ....the BED was fabulous . Shower had power and toiletries were provided . There was also a Coffee Machine and as much Bottled Water as you could shake a stick at . I was there at the end of the season ....booking would be essential at any time - it is popular . Secure and ambient I loved this place . Thank you for looking after me John . That includes picking me up from the Harbour as I slipped off the Ferry from Symi and dropping me off to the Taxi rank for the drive to the Airport ... that GolfCart is groovy . Can't go without shouting out about Breakfast .... just what the Doctor ordered and the sun drenched courtyard was a great place for a chat in the morning ....

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2017

My husband and I was in Rhodes 1 nt before our sailing trip and 2 more nights after the trip in Sept. John was absolutely wonderful to us. He was there to pick us up at the outside gate of the old city in his infamous golf cart(everyone in town is jealous) and dropped us off at the marina for our sailing adventure the next day.

The downstairs room was HUGE and very well appointed. We even had the opportunity to enjoy a late night glass of delicious Rhodes wine with John and bombard him with questions, which he happily answered. The included breakfast was delightful with fresh fruit, juice, coffee, bread, yogurt and freshly made pastries.

On our return, John was waiting for us at the appointed time at the Marina and had reserved our car for the next 2 days. At his suggestion, parking at the San Francisco Gate was no problem and FREE.

John gave us terrific ideas for things to do both days, which included Anthony Quinn Beach and several other beaches on the way to Lindos. We arrived to Lindos at 4:30, after the cruise ship passengers had left.

The next day we headed for the interior of Rhodes. The wine route was excellent and a highlight of our stay in Rhodes.

John delivered us at 5:15 am to the gate for an early morning flight back to the States!

Highly, highly recommend Zacosta. Quiet street, excellent accommodations, interesting, well-traveled guests and a wonderful host! Thanks, John! We will return!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had a lovely stay at the Zacosta villa hotel. The owner is determined to make your stay as enjoyable as it can be. The hotel is situated in a quiet area of Rhodes town a 2 minute walk away from the hive of activity in the centre.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Not much more to say that hasn't already been said. It's a small GEM of a hotel hidden in the middle of the old town but when you are in the hotel you would not know that thousands of people are close by. It's quiet, clean and peaceful. The rooms are well appointed and the breakfast excellent. If that was not enough the Host, John, was brilliant . Where luggage was involved he was there to ferry us between hotel and taxi or port in his golf buggy. He was helpful, informative and,well,just a great host. We stayed for a couple of nights en route to an island and hope to return next year.
Thank you John.