All reviews lovely courtyard private pool old world feel hour sail hot greek dropped off a small kitchen area additional cost huge breakfast homemade breakfast we loved our stay car rental perfect place to stay room was large minutes walk from the port traditional greek boat trip
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Pros:
-- One of the best boutique hotel I have stayed. Fresh look and environment all over the hotel
-- Amazing hostipatility (both Faye and others) . Never worried on anything.
-- Exclusive boat trip
-- Delicious breakfast with authentic touch
-- Awesome location, near to everything from market to beach to port
-- Special Mention : Due to transfer from Santorini we reached pretty early ther, around 4:30 in the morning. But we had our room ready and Faye was waiting for us with a car to take us to the hotel. Very nice gesture.

Cons:
-- Nothing . Simply nothing.

Highly recommended. If we will go to Greece we will definitely visit Milos and stay in Thalassitra Hotel

Room tip: Please do have the breakfast in this hotel. Delicious and Authentic !!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stamatis L, Ιδιοκτήτης at Thalassitra Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you Manas, we are really glad that you had such a nice time! Come back soon! :)

Reviewed 16 November 2017

After reading an article about Milos in the Conde Nast Traveler magazine, we decided to check it out. It’s a great island with less tourists than Santorini and Mykonos, and some amazing beaches. We found the Thalassitra Village Hotel on Trip Advisor and thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the hotel for 8 nights in early October.

The hotel staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Faye arranged for our free transfers from the port and to the airport. She also helped as get settled and provided lots of information about getting around the island, sites to see, maps and nice restaurants. Annabelle, the main cook, was very pleasant and provided great breakfasts and conversations.

Accommodations – The hotel is a typical rustic Greek hotel. It has been well maintained and is spotless. The kitchenette in the room was well-equipped and the refrigerator was handy for storing the breakfast food we couldn't finish in the morning! We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and in the outdoor court area.

We would highly recommend purchasing the breakfast. The food was traditional Greek food and everything was made fresh and so delicious. The breakfasts were so filling we didn't need a lunch.

Location – The hotel is located a few blocks from the water and the main street for restaurants, an easy 10 to 15 minutes’ walk. Along the way, there are supermarkets, bakeries, shops and a clothes laundry was conveniently just 3 minutes from the hotel.

We took the local bus to visit the main towns of Plaka and Tripiti. The bus stop was less than a 5-minute walk from the hotel. The local bus is also an option to visit other parts of the island; however, we took Faye’s advice and rented a car for a few days. Faye arranged for the car rental and for the car to be dropped off and picked up at the hotel. The hotel has free parking.

Renting a car allowed us to tour the north, east and south parts of the island, and to check out many of the beaches and other towns. Most of the roads were paved and traffic was light so driving wasn’t a problem.

October is the start of the off-season. We had great weather and had no problem finding places to eat; however, many of the hotels and restaurants start to close for the season in early to mid-October. We recommend you consider a trip to Milos and, if you're going in the fall, we suggest you visit in September.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We stayed here for 6 nights in September 2017 and had a lovely time. The hotel is at the top of town but a quick walk to the port. The family that own it are very friendly and happy to advise you on local sights, trips etc. Pick up and drop off at the port was much appreciated, especially since we had to leave at 5:30am!

The rooms are decorated really nicely and are generally comfortable (although I fond the bed a little too hard).

My only niggles (which is not their fault I appreciate) was the noise from the road in our room, which woke me up quite often. Also we ordered breakfast a few mornings and when I went to pay on the last day I had to pay cash as Fay wasn't there to take card payments (if I had known I would have paid when she was there that morning as it wiped out all my Euros!) But while on the subject of breakfast, it was massive and lovely - all freshly made and tasty.

Thanks for a lovely stay!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2017

I would highly recommend staying at Thalassitra Village Hotel!!! I loved staying at this property. Faye, who manages the reception, as well as all of the rest of the staff are very nice and competent. I loved hearing the church bells ring and the roster in the morning. It was great to be a little walk up from the water and the busy town. If I lived closer, I would be a repeat customer.

Room tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

A quaint, homey and engaging hotel. Definitely a more rustic feel with the chicken farm next door, cats roaming around and the surrounding hills as a backdrop. Lovely staff who were always helpful and huge traditional Greek breakfasts. Rooms were clean and well appointed. Short walk from town too.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple