Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo
Casa Conde Beach-Front Hotel(Playa Panama)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica(Gulf of Papagayo)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
Allegro Papagayo(Gulf of Papagayo)
永安旅遊
1,861 results
All reviewschao pescaoostrario bhongotapas restaurantcevicheadult poolfour seasonsarepasstraw hatsbeach clubfamily poolflip flopsbeach baggolf cartbay viewcosta ricamixology class
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We loved our stay here, it is such a beautifully designed property and had every amenity we needed! Top notch service. It is in a remote location, but we tacked on this stay towards the end of our trip around the country and definitely enjoyed the peace and relaxation offered here. Breakfast and lunch options were pricey, but we loved the dinners we had - especially at Ostra. The ceviche sampler is amazing! Also enjoyed the guided snorkeling tour for only $13, and the complementary kayaks available. We couldn't have asked for a better stay or better service!

1  Thank 1026mmoore
AdamANdAZ, General Manager at Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hola 1026mmoore,

Thank you so much for not only staying with us but for taking the time to share your feedback about your visit. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Andaz is a beautiful property. The aesthetic is spot on, with the landscaping helps to blend the contemporary architecture into the surrounding landscape. While the resort is built into a fairly steep hillside, most of the pathways running parallel to the slope so they are not steep for walking so it's easy to get around. The only exception would be the path to their adjacent beach.

The staff does a wonderful job of making each guest feel welcome. I don't know how they keep everyone straight, but we were greeted by name by staff members on multiple occasions throughout our stay, which was both impressive and a very nice touch.

Our room was huge with incredible sea views through the tops the trees, which made the view more interesting. Even our shower had a full glass wall to take advantage of this amazing view. The layout of the room was well thought out. By building an tall island that housed the closet/dresser, small fridge, TV and a small table on one end, it provided privacy to the bedroom and made the room feel even bigger than it was. IT felt more like a suite that a regular room. The minimalist decor was cool and both the bed and sofas seating on the deck were super comfortable. Loved the little touches of beach hats and flip flops in the room.

The food here was some of the best on our trip, but felt that some of the cocktails served both in the restaurants and poolside were a bit disappointing. While they were visually beautiful, some of the flavor combinations did not sit well together and I think too much effort was placed on doing something entirely original.

The highlight of our stay here was the newly opened Andaz Beach Club. To get here you took the Andaz shuttle (10minutes) and then were transported the 600 yards down a dirt path by golf cart to a secluded beach that had all of the amenities that you could possibly want. There were sofas and tables set underneath huge shady tropical trees, hammocks, games, carts with flavored water and sunscreen stations. Chaise lounges were set up both under the gorgeous shade trees and also along the beach in the sun. There was a beachy cafe that provided beach service, too, of course, There were also kayaks, paddle boards, sand toys and snorkel gear for guest use, too. Additionally there were jet skis for rent.

Of course, the Andaz Beach Club has the same amazing staff. We were at the beach club on our last day and had not planned to stay past lunch time but liked the beach club so much that we decided to until mid afternoon. Our incredibly friendly and accomodating server, Daniel, helped make arrangements for someone to collect all of our luggage from our room and hold our luggage so that we would not have to interrupt of beach club afternoon to do this. When we returned to the hotel several hours later, our luggage was waiting for us and we had a quick and smooth check out before heading to our next destination. Those little details made all the difference in being able to enjoy a last full day at the Andaz. The way all of the staff worked together to accommodate us was both noticed and appreciated. We had an incredible stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank P R

Hola P R,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences at our resort with fellow travelers. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and our team will love reading your feedback. Our Beach House has truly been an amazing new addition to our resort and I am excited you enjoyed it.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. In the meantime do stay in touch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was a great stay at a very expensive / exclusive resort. The service was great, the rooms beautiful and clean and the food pretty good. My only complaint was it was expensive beyond what was acceptable. A dinner was at least $50 without any drinks. On the othe hand, if you dont mind the expense, a great view of the bay and a wonderful stay.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Troutmonger

Hola Troutmonger,

Thank you for not only staying with us but for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit and appreciate your feedback. Please note that we do conduct ongoing market surveys and can assure you that we are priced accordingly within the market. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future and do stay in touch.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So for the short and sweet version. This Hotel is world class, and you will NOT be sorry if you book here.

In the business of being transparent, we do have status with Hyatt alongside it being a special occasion. I bring that up because we were upgraded to a suite, and it was gorgeous. We were given a room next to a tree just filled to the brim with monkeys (certain times of the day), and I couldn't be happier!

We walked into the room, and it was decorated with Happy Birthday decorations. They made me a custom Vegan Birthday cake, with a very sweet note. The cake was scrumptious, and the room was huge. It was incredibly clean, almost meticulously so. The toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, etc were labeled as Vegan (Just happened that way!). This you'll probably already know, but there is complimentary non alcoholic drinks, snacks, flip flops, and fedoras.

The bed was comfy to the point that I fell asleep at like 7pm that first night, I meant to just "rest". The A/C was also killer, and I kept yelling at my man to turn it up! The hotel is very quiet at night, and the room gets deadly dark if you want it to.

Some important things I noticed, the staff is beyond friendly. They will greet you, ask about your day, and all around care about your well being. They heard that I was under the weather during my stay and offered me vegetable soup. I have never had such spectacular treatment anywhere, and they honestly made me feel like my mom was taking care of me.

The food was 5 stars, and the cost is fitting to that. Our 4 night, 5 day stay for two we spent about $450.00 on light booze and food. I loved everything I ate, and EVERY restaurant accommodated my Vegan diet. If you're going to order cocktails the best place is the Hyatt Beach house or the Tapas place. The best sangria is Ostra (I think that is the name). Ostra is going to be your fine dining, and it's GOOD. It's incredibly personal, and the food is made to perfection. The Tapas place has live music every other night it seemed, and their mixology class looked super cool. The Hyatt Beach House had the cheapest cocktails, and the food was a little bit pricey. I would go just for drinks, and maybe a light meal/snack.

There IS lots of walking, but if you're really in need of a ride they drive by you every minute or two. You can easily be carted away, but I advise you don't take a single ride other than check in and check out. If you take the car you miss so much. I saw like 12 big iguanas in 5 days, tons of monkeys, frogs, these things that look like raccoons. The grounds are beautiful, and I promise you don't want to miss a moment of this discovery channel action that happens every few feet on these grounds.

The pools are great, and I loved having an adult only pool. It's off to it's own, so it's just so peaceful. Don't worry parents, there is a ridiculous amount of kid friendly stuff. The beach is not a crystal blue or anything crazy, but it's still awesome. The water is clean, great temps, and it's still water you can see those fishes swimming around you. My boyfriend went snorkeling on his own at the Hyatt Beach House, and he swam for like 5 minutes next to a huge sea turtle. He saw lots of fish, and especially some puffers. The snorkeling, paddle boards, and kayaks are free.

This was a very long review, and I honestly didn't even cover half my experience. This place is amazing, from the time they open your door, till they time they walk you to the exit. Keep up the amazing customer service you're providing, and you'll continue to be world class!

Room Tip: Corner suite had an amazing view of wildlife.
3  Thank brimeeb

Hola brimeeb,

I am absolutely thrilled at the fact that you not only enjoyed your visit to our resort, but that you felt cared for by our team. We are truly proud of our resort and all it has to offer and your review will be very well received. We appreciate your ongoing loyalty to Hyatt and look forward to welcoming you back once again to Andaz Costa Rica.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Don't even think of looking anywhere else. Food quality, Staff and overall experience is the best we have experienced. NOT your typical beach-side resort. They cater to relaxation and high quality service and products. Book it now!

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hola 993jb2323,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your fantastic review. I am delighted that you enjoyed our resort and indeed we are departure from your traditional resort experience.

Stay in touch and come see us again soon.