All reviews boutique hotel barracuda bar grill paddle boards sea breeze zip lining cave tubing no air conditioning other resorts inclusive package laid back lobster tree house coral reef sand flies sittee river feel like family beautiful beach
Reviewed 21 May 2018

My husband and I went to Beaches and Dreams in March of 2018 for our honeymoon and stayed in the Jaguar room on the top floor. Our room was spacious and comfortable. Ryan and Jessica (owners) were super friendly and accommodating. They organized all our excursions so everything was seamless. We went to the Mayan ruins, cave tubing, inner blue hole, zip lining, hiking to a waterfall, and touring Maria Sharps hot sauce factory. Our favorite excursions were scuba diving and fishing. Nothing like getting to catch your dinner. They filleted our fish and made us a feast that night. We used their bikes to ride into Hopkins to see the local areas and try some authentic food, which is a must. All of our tour guides from Beaches and Dreams were friendly, knowledgeable, and made everything really enjoyable. We would highly recommend B&D!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Ryan J, Owner at Beaches And Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2018

Nicole,

You know we love honeymooners here. So glad we could make your trip special. Take care and congratulations on your new life together!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Beaches and Dreams in Hopkins Belize is a wonderful small, intimate resort. Don’t let small fool you. This resort is big on ammenities and the staff as well as owners are super friendly and helpful. My friend and I vacation all over the world together and we enjoyed all the activities Beaches and Dreams offered as well as lazy days listening to the waves crash on the beach. We would like to give special thanks to Francine who arranged lots of activities for us. We would also like to thank Birdman and Ali for the best mojitos, pizza, and service. Manuel gave us a great tour of Mayan ruins. And the guys with Seemore adventures gave us a wonderful day of scuba diving/snorkeling!!! We purchased the dinner plan and the food is fantastic and totally worth it. I highly recommend beaches and dreams!!!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Ryan J, Owner at Beaches And Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out, and thank you in particular for giving a shout out to a few members of our team. As you know, we've brought a flatter management style to Belize, based on respect rather than rules. There are still a lot of doubters locally that this can work down here, but we believe in it, so it really makes me happy to see it working!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

My wife and I just returned from another wonderful week at Beaches and Dreams. This was our fourth trip to Beaches and Dreams over the last 9 years and it was as good as ever. What really sets B&D apart from other resorts we have visited, apart from the beautiful setting on the best stretch of beach in Hopkins, is the incredible hospitality shown by the owners and staff. They all go out of their way to make you feel like family and to make sure that every aspect of your stay is as enjoyable as possible. Our sincerest thanks to Ryan and Jessica, Francine and the rest of the wonderful staff. Highly recommended!! We'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ryan J, Owner at Beaches And Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Clark and Kim,

Thank you so much for joining us again. We always love having people come back to the resort, so they can see product of all the hard work our team is putting in to make this place better everyday. We look forward to seeing you your next time in Belize!

rj

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Location is exquisite. Rooms were great. Food was good. They paid a lot of attention to little details like keeping the beach clean, providing bean bag toss for the kids, and foot baths to wash off the sand. All members of the staff were incredibly helpful, friendly, and genuine. The tours we booked with our stay were all amazing (The Bio-luminescent night tour was especially unforgettable if you get the chance). Wish we could have stayed much longer.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Ryan J, Owner at Beaches And Dreams, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Bob,

Thanks so much for taking the time to write us. Our team works so hard and these kind words go a long ways!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

My family visited Beaches and Dreams on Spring Break and it will always be a trip I will cherish. I was able to spend quality time with my husband, teenage son, and my Mother. We stayed in the two oceanfront cabanas for the length of our stay (Toucan & Sea Breeze). They were steps to the ocean and absolutely perfect. The ocean breeze coming through each of the cabanas was so pleasant and to hear the ocean made it all the better. What a great place to sit and relax and watch all the action of the resort. We choose Beaches and Dreams because it was on the smaller in size. We wanted a different environment than your typical large resort and this did not disappoint. The grounds were beautiful, the dock was amazing and I can’t say enough about the staff. I’ve never met a more considerate, thoughtful and truly caring group of people. They made sure you had everything you needed to make your trip special. The restaurant was delicious (Barracuda Bar & Grill) and we throughly enjoyed eating the wonderful dishes that were prepared for us nightly. We also loved hanging out with Ruger, (Owner’s Dog). He is the cutest thing, walking around the resort hoping someone will throw his water bottle in the surf for him to retrieve. He never has to wait long to find a taker! If you haven’t seen it, you have to go to their website to see him in action! We went on the snorkeling, horse riding and fishing excursions. Junior and the crew were so kind to help my mom (who just turned 70) learn to snorkel for the first time. He really took his time to not only show her how, but to assure her he would be with her every step of the way. They went above and beyond. The Horse riding was a lot of fun too. The halfway point was great, bc we were able to walk down to the Sittee River. We even heard a Howler Monkey! The fishing has been a dream of my husband’s for some time and he was so excited to have this opportunity. The guides did a great job putting them on the fish and they were even able to bring a few home. We will forever have those stories to tell! We also rented a golf cart for a week and drove around Hopkins during our stay. It was neat to go to the local markets and eateries and experience everyday life. The ride was bumpy, but worth it. We always felt safe and welcomed. When we weren’t on an excursion, my son took time to snorkel at the end of the dock. One day while he was doing this, 5 Manatees happened to swim by and ended up hanging out with my son for a bit. He was so excited to have had this opportunity to swim with these amazing, gentle creatures. My husband would also fish some off the dock late at night when all was quiet. I could really go on and on! There were so many treasured memories made here, and I look forward to a lifetime more. Thank you Ryan and Jessica for your hospitality!
Melissa, Scott, Delores and Daly W.,