The Funky Dodo Backpackers
Coconut Row(Hopkins)
  • Pool
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooftop barfood recommendationsoutdoor kitchenfantastic hostelhostel offersshared kitchenhelpful ownersaccommodate guestsprivate rooms arebig kitchentop bunkstayed for one nightowners are super nicedorm roombus stopno hot waternice place to stay
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I recently stayed at the Funky Dodo - it was my first time in a hostel and I really enjoyed the experience, the owners were really great, very helpful with anything we needed, and I felt like it was very secure since they were there all day and there was a security guard there overnight. It's in a great location in the center of town, with kitchen facilities and fridges, as well as multiple fans in the dorm room which is useful on hot nights! Would recommend, great value for the price!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roy N, Owner at The Funky Dodo Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thank you so much for your kind words from the entire Funky Dodo staff! Happy travels!
We try to make everyone feel safe and secure. Hopkins is a very safe village.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Perfect location, owners are helpful and friendly, giving good tips and advise.
The hostal is nice and shared kitchen is a good place to meet the other travelers.
Everything is clean.
Beds would be more comfortable but it's a small detail.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends

We are replacing mattresses as we can. Hope to have all new ones in the entire place soon!

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We stayed at Funky Dodos for two two nights and for the money you can't do better. The owner always took time to help us with any of our question and always gave us the best price/performance places we wanted to visit, helped us book a boat trip outside of her responcibilities. Facility is clean, showers are nice (mildly-cold water but in the season it was so hot, that it was actually refreshing) place is super chill and my only problem would be maybe beds being too spend.. But they plan to redo the beds in the mix dorm (where I was) in the slow season so again, owner thought of everything. And for the money and your happines, the best you can do.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are replacing the mattresses, we're almost there...and if you wait until the afternoon, the showers are warm! (our storage tank is black, so it heats the water nicely)

Reviewed 27 March 2017

I really enjoyed this hostel. Anna was like the house mom and really took care of everyone. It is impossible to walk through the doors without making immediate friends and it was a great place to kick off my adventure through Belize/Mexico. Luna, the dog, was my favorite thing about this place and I was even invited to come back with my dog. My dream is to travel the world and write a blog about me and my traveling dog and Anna has made this spot the first place I will go. It really felt like home and I was sad to go.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We look forward to meeting you and your pup! Especially Luna! :)

Reviewed 17 March 2017

Stayed at Funky Dodo to start my backpacking journey through Belize, stayed for three nights, and enjoyed the stay. Hostess is very helpful and interactive with everyone. Layout of hostel creates an awesome family feel with all the travelers, my personal favorite part. Decent bathroom facilities, Beds aren't the most comfortable but she mentioned an upgrade soon. Definitely would recommend to a friend, and plan on staying next time im in Hopkins!

Room Tip: Bring own lock, good kitchen for use, she will provide utensils/towels for refundable price.
Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We are replacing mattresses as they become available...we're almost there.