1,636 results
All reviews camel ride private pool dune bashing falconry display arabian oryx bedouin tent conservation reserve royal suite main building golf buggy peace and quiet dubai city per day our honeymoon main pool guest relations in room dining
Reviewed 27 February 2016

This is an all suite property (42 in total) that are actually individual tent like structures throughout the compound each with their own private swimming pool. I had the smallest referred to as a Bedouin Suite. There are also Emirates, Royal and Presidential suites.My understanding is that rates here are all full board. Usually that is a warning that the food is not good. Not the case here - we had all three meals here and my concerns were completely unfounded everything we ordered was top notch. The best part of the meals and the stay overall was the staff. They were all impressive is the best that I can say. You are also allowed two activities a day and I chose camel trek and dune bashing. These were executed extremely well avoiding any touristy schmalz sometimes associated with these types of activities. The desert scenery was amazing and our guides were great. One thing that did disturb me was some of the litter that was present (mostly water bottles) I'm guessing that the litter may not be from the hotel guests or employees but I would encourage management to have a program where staff and guest volunteers go in to the desert one day a week to bring out the trash. If offered I would do so as it is a real shame to see these pristine areas marred with plastic.

As mentioned earlier rates include full board, alcohol and specialty non alcohol drinks are available for a charge in line for a resort in Dubai. Coffee, tea, still water are complimentary. In your suite there is decanter of sherry that is complimentary. I'm sure they never have to refill that! ;) I don't know anyone who drinks sherry nowadays.

All in all this is a special place in the desert near Dubai and I look forward to bringing my wife here in the near future.

Room Tip: hey are all very private - let the staff guide you
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Marketingteam_3, Public Relations Manager at Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2016

Dear Mike,

Many thanks for your wonderful comment on your stay at Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed every bit of your getaway at the resort, from the food to the activities and the service provided by our ambassadors.

Many thanks for your remark on the littering and we will most certainly look into this manner as we aim to protect the land around our resort.

We look forward to welcoming you back with your wife on a getaway.

With the warmest regards,
Anu van der Sande

Reviewed 25 February 2016

We have stayed here before on two occasions at different times of year. Each is very different, in summer it is too hot to walk to the restaurant so little "golf cars" arrive to pick you up. It is difficult to comment on details and I would rather take the experience as a whole. FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! AMAZING!!!!! We have to do this again.... All meals are inclusive and but drinks are to your own account. The day includes various activities, we chose the camel ride into the desert to watch the sunset, very memorable and a photo opportunity. The food is excellent, I am running short of superlatives now...Oman prawns the size of your fist, steaks succulent, staff could not do more. The suites/rooms with pools overlooking the water hole with Oryx wandering freely throughout. This is a magical place, you will not find anything that comes to this standard of relaxation and quality. The Spa is good too, but it is shocking how the urge to do nothing except sleep, eat and relax wins every time. There is WiFi but please.......... resist!!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not worry every room has an exquisite outlook.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2016 via mobile

As always it is a treat to be at al maha. Perfect stay. Special thanks to the chef de cuisine Pjotr and his team. Delicious and nutritious as always. Very very good service from all the restaurant staff. Because they make your day complete.
Nature is as always breathless.....

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2016

A dream came true. I do not even know where to start.....is it the tasteful bungalow with beautiful furnitures, the most beautiful bathroom I have ever seen, the fact of having a private pool with personalized temperature, the perfect service and super friendly staff, the perfect Ayurveda massage, the diner that made me melt, having breakfast with view to the desert. Is it the silence when you hear nothing but desert winds and birds, or maybe the biggest bed I have ever slept in, or maybe the sundowner with sparkly? I think it´s the whole package. After just 2 days you feel like newborn, and you will never forget it as long as you live!

Stayed: February 2016
Reviewed 23 February 2016

We went to Al Maha for two nights from dubai.
The weather you cannot change, and the staff were very attentive.
We asked for meals to be bought at a certain time, so maximum privacy was obtained for us.
This mostly happened apart from one breakfast.
The villa was quickly and efficiently cleaned when requested.
The offsite safari was excellent, really worth paying extra money to have a unique and personal trip.
The only problem we had was a huge storm, which must of effected something on the roof and it was so noisy! however at 1 am we called and they sent maintenance and did sort it!

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family