Lock in the lowest price from these sites
eDreams
ZenHotels.com
Snaptravel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 April 2020

Me and my friend stayed at AIH for two weeks. It’s a wonderful place, with gorgeous view on the sea and harbour, super calm, safe and central location. We spent a lot of time by the pool which was perfect. The staff was incredible, so helpful and nice we felt at home and would have loved to stay longer. We definitely recommend this place for your stay at Alotau. Thank you again for everything AIH!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2020

Fantastic location ,perfect place ,love to sit on the beach front and enjoy the beauty of the sunset ,the staffs are also very friendly ..Looking for a perfect get way for business or holiday Alotau international is a great place to be .Enjoy.

Date of stay: February 2020
General Manager, General Manager at Alotau International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2020

Dear Aioni Tours,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and kind comments - it always a great pleasure to have you visit our hotel.
Your Alotau International Hotel family looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2019

The location is excellent if you are attending the Kenu and Kundu festival as it is walking distance. The rooms are comfortable with views or glimpses of the sea. The food is average.
We had attempted to book through the hotel web site twice with no reply. We then booked three nights through booking.com. When we arrived we were bumped for the first night. they offered to find alternate accommodation or a site shed (see picture below). Eventually after asking to speak to the manager we were offered a room of inferior quality to the one we had booked. The arrogant receptionist made it clear that it was our fault as we had booked through booking.com. We were not given an apology or a refund. We were paying $300 per night.

Room tip: You will need to ring the hotel to make sure you get the room you want. They dont reply to emails and any booking can be changed by them
Date of stay: November 2019
AIHGM, General Manager at Alotau International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2019

Dear Bronwyn C,

Warm greetings from Alotau International Hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor response after your recent visit.

From the feedback shared, I thank you for your insight and on behalf of Alotau International Hotel please accept my sincere apologies for any shortfall in service standards you received, rest assured this is not representative of the levels we generally deliver, as you will see from previous reviews.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues in person, I'm having problems to find your email in our email server please contact me at gm@alotauinternationalhotel.com.pg for me to be able to recover our service shortcoming on your future stay with us.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make continuous improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments, we believe that we can enhance our service day by day to meet and exceed the expectations of our valued guests like you.

We do hope to welcome you back at Alotau International Hotel as and when your travels return you to Alotau.

Until the opportunity permits,

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 26 October 2019 via mobile

Spent couple if days in Alotau and stayed at Alotau International. Room is basic, but clean and spacious. Wifi worked ok. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is terrible though. If you want an omelette you will have to fork out an additional 20 K.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
AIHGM, General Manager at Alotau International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2019

Dear Mathelacy

Thank you for time spent in leaving us review about your stay. I'm glad to hear that our associates are friendly and helpful during your stay. I also would like to apology about those breakfast inconvenience that you experienced. especially for the wrong information given by our wait staff, our new live omelet cooking station should be free of charge with all the accompaniment (Sausages, Baked Beans, Bacon, hash-brown or sauteed potatoes)

Once again, I apologize for our shortcoming and I assure you the hot breakfast is inclusive in our room rate, please email me directly at gm@alotauinternationalhotel.com.pg should you wish to book your future stay at our hotel for us to be able to recover our shortcoming.

Thank you for your kind feedback and I look forward to having you back in our hotel.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 21 May 2019

For Alotau this is probably the best hotel around in the area. The staff are very friendly & helpful. The rooms are basic (or should I say beach style rooms), yet they are extremely clean. The food was ok and I felt safe whilst staying here, which for me was very important. I would definitely stay here again when next in Alotau, there truly isn't much choice out here ..... Wifi would be an asset, but that will probably happen in time.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank tammym758
AIHGM, General Manager at Alotau International Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2019

Dear tammym758

Greetings from rainy Alotau, Milne Bay.

Thank you for taking time to share your stay experience with us on TripAdvisor.

It gives us great satisfaction to know that we have met your expectations and you truly enjoyed every aspects of your stay. My team and I are most pleased to learn that you find our associates are very friendly and helpful, the safety and security of our guest and associates is our main priority and we're glad that you feel secure and well taken care of during your recent stay.

We have just sign up with PNG DataCo (Fiber Optic Internet Provider) in mid of April and the connection has been in place starting in May 2019 for our guest connectivity as a complimentary.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to creating more memorable experiences for you in the future.

Warm regards,