Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Excelent place, the room was nice and clean. He was very nice as also his family. The food was great!in general the attention was very good.
Half way from the airport and Alotau, only few km from Alotau but easy to get there with public tranport!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2014

We stayed with the familiy for about a week and they made us feel welcome and helped us in every way they could.
The dinner was always something to look forward to. It was soooo delicious. We tried so much of the local food they had mostly grown themselves.
Don´t think we will ever forget this stay.
Thanks a lot!

Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Daria O
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Diwosinei and her husband Dr .Geoffrey Mataio made me feel so cosy and at home. The meals were very good, most ingredients are straight from the farm. The family even altered some of the recepies of their cooking due to my vegan diet.
They explained to me patiently their PNG livestyle and farming at Bibiko (which, btw is a tasty sour fruit :). I did ask many questions and appreciated how open these were answered.
I could not take pictures or go for activities because during the 3 days I spent at Bibiko, Alotau was hit by the outskirts of a cyclone, so I added shots out of the guestbook to tell it all. With these extreme wheater conditions I especially apriciated that the entire family made me feel so very welcome.
If you prefer to have your meals in your room: "room service" is available ;-)
Rooms are about 3 minutes walk from the family home, most of the rooms and houses are rent to locals who are very friendly and polite. So the feeling is like staying in a tiny village.

On my first 3 nights stay I had single room with ajoined bathroom. When I returned for another night I slept at a bigger unit with 2 bedrooms (1 double bed, 1 with 2 single beds), a living room with open kitchen and a bathroom. Electricity is on from about 6 to10:30pm.
Bibiko Farm is located just half way between the Gurney (=Alotau) airport and Alotau. Dr. Mataio drove me me to/from the airport.
Just contact him in advance, whether he has vacant rooms: (+675) 726 37 549

Date of stay: April 2014
Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank EO_Vie
Reviewed 25 March 2013

The best place to stay in Alotau.
Very clean, new stabile houses (with private bathroom) beside the traditional huts,
only 5 minutes by PMV (local bus) from Alotau city center, gives the opportunity to taste the real village life of the natives in Papua. It belongs to a lovely indigenous family (in contrast with the other impersonal and expensive hotels run by white men) who do everything for guests to enjoy their time there. True Melanesian hospitality!
Food (which is included in the price) is great and delicious! It’s cooked with fresh vegetables from their garden and it’s different every day, mother made me taste all different local specialities.
The two sons of the family can also arrange tours around the area.
I feel like I have one more mother and father in Papua, Dr and his wife have been so wonderful to me!

Date of stay: November 2012