All reviews skull caves dive master night dive world class mandarin fish excellent diving day trip long weekend village kids takes awhile heaven on earth peaceful environment beautiful coral reef local village boat sites tours
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 October 2019 via mobile

Tawali Resort is stunning! A group of fifteen of us were there for a long weekend with several kids 4yo - 12yo, young adults, and older adults, and everyone was engaged the whole time with interesting things to see and do such as swimming in the pool or in the sea, snorkelling, going on a hike, playing board games, visiting a waterfall and skull cave, picnicing on an island, fishing, watching traditional dancers.. such an interesting place to stay, and we all had a fantastic time! The food was absolutely sensational, and the staff were wonderful. The rooms are very big and spacious. I found my mattress a bit hard and uncomfortable but no-one else had that problem. Airport pick up and drop off were efficient and the drive both ways was comfortable. Highly recommended. I would love to go back!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle H
Reviewed 21 September 2019 via mobile

Very Nice resort with great snorkeling right in front of the swimming pool, the tour to the coral garden is amazing! Skull caves were very interesting, restaurant serves very good food,
Nice clean rooms with good bedding, and all the necessary things.
The road from the airport is brand new so a easy drive to the resort!
And at least very friendly people!! The only thing I would recommend is to book thruh booking.com, room with full board, I paid way to much! If you book only the room , you have to pay for the food and that’s really too expensive!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paular238
Reviewed 7 September 2019

Superb location (but takes awhile to get there)
Excellent diving, although staff seemed unfamiliar with some of the sites and so not all turned out perfectly. Lots of excellent diving very close to resort.
Marvelous cultural experiences and easy walk to local village
Accommodations very good

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 2 September 2019 via mobile

I visited Tawali with friends for a diving snorkelling trip. This place is simply amazing. I have never felt so far away from my day to day working life. I arrived at about 1 pm. Did my first snorkel at 3 pm and then a night dive at 6. Next two days I did 3 snorkels per day. Wow it was heaven on earth . Bed room superb with great views and then great food and a good bar . Exactly the break I hoped for plays 100%.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great stay. Staff were great in particular penny, Gilbert and peter. Food was good and good chef. A lot of Tuna. But it is caught locally so very fresh. Not a lot of assortment of veg which I missed. Picnic and snorkling was a great outing as was visiting the waterfall. Beds were good. Tv wouldn't work for us but we had a lot of reading material and so tired it didn't matter. Wi fi available in lounge dining area. Management straff George and Nosaki were very welcoming. Have to say a special thanks to all staff who tried to find a national friend in Alotau we hadn't seen for 40 years. Archie our driver who in the end found her and to Nosaki who took us to her, went away for awhile and came back to get us. Thankyou very much all staff were great and understanding of some of our difficulties A great four day break for us old Maris.

Date of stay: May 2019