Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$102
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
Agoda.comUS$128
ExpediaUS$129
eDreamsUS$102
All reviews skull caves dive boat day trip crystal clear water boats tours port gurney jetty bungalow remoteness nature pom
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 May 2019 via mobile

Had a great stay. Staff were great in particular penny, Gilbert and peter. Food was good and good chef. A lot of Tuna. But it is caught locally so very fresh. Not a lot of assortment of veg which I missed. Picnic and snorkling was a great outing as was visiting the waterfall. Beds were good. Tv wouldn't work for us but we had a lot of reading material and so tired it didn't matter. Wi fi available in lounge dining area. Management straff George and Nosaki were very welcoming. Have to say a special thanks to all staff who tried to find a national friend in Alotau we hadn't seen for 40 years. Archie our driver who in the end found her and to Nosaki who took us to her, went away for awhile and came back to get us. Thankyou very much all staff were great and understanding of some of our difficulties A great four day break for us old Maris.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2019

We tested Tawali's staff and processes right at the beginning. Three days before our Port Moresby trip, my wife and I decided that we did not want to stay in Port Moresby for longer due to the restrictions following security best practices. Hence, we spontaneously rang up Tawali at 7.30pm and they confirmed to answer all relevant question by email. Within 12 hours we had questions answered and within 24 hours it was a done deal. Very good booking experience!

The staff was very helpful, from booking before the trip throughout our visit over in Papua New Guinea. All people are nice and smiling and it's a very friendly atmosphere. The concept with dive boxes is very good as well and helps to have your things sorted. The day trip diving boats were comfortable and clean as the entire resort.

Really, it was a very pleasant experience to stay in Tawali!

The diving was fun, too. Nature seems to be pure in Milne Bay. From the green hills to the blue ocean. Beautiful coral and smaller reef fish in abundance. Incredible underwater landscapes. My absolute favorite was 'Deacon's Reef' as the walls are filled with coral and we had some 40m viz. Just incredible! I'll let the photos do the rest. ;-)

P.s. I rated value average, because the resort and PNG as such is a bit pricey. You may get close to the experience in Indonesia with half the price. However, I don't regret the trip. It was nature (and people) at it's best!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2019 via mobile

For diving and sleeping is this a very good resort. Albert was my dive guide and he is a really good dive guide. I saw many big and small sizes. The mix is nice.
Only the bird guides were very sad Gilbert knows nothing about birds and Michael may be 1%. The food was good, but expensive.
The room was absolute clean and we felt save during our stay.

We think about to come again to this resort

Date of stay: February 2019
Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Never imagine I would be able to enjoy this alone time. Came at this place without any agenda but once there the tours and adventures they offer leaves nothing but wonderful memories. Thank you Tawali for a wonderful place, friendly staff and outrageous, breathtaking place.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Grace A
Reviewed 30 October 2018

Loved everything about Tawali, the people, the sea, the accommodation, the staff and the activities. Gilbert was a great guide and the visit to the village was a highlight for me. I loved talking with Gilbert and finding out heaps about local life.

Alfred was a great Dive Master although I snorkeled only. Alfred knew exactly where to go and what to find. Both Alfred and Gilbert were patient and understanding with us older and inexperienced snorkelers. The Coral Gardens and Lawadi were just beautiful..we met some other great folks who were very happy with the diving.

I enjoyed talking with Edward, the manager, and all the other staff who went out of their way to make us comfortable. My partner John and I had such a good time that when we came back to OZ we straight away booked another holiday in March 2019. It is expensive, but hey, its a privilege to be a part of life there even for such a short time...and folks have to earn a living!

Room tip: Rooms away from the restaurant
Date of stay: October 2018