Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
Expedia
Free cancellation until 07/03/21
US$127
SAVE US$25
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.comUS$126
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2019

Me and my family had a wonderful time staying at Masurina Lodge, their costumer serves was good, they were very welcoming the breakfast which was continental was not good, but other than the continental breakfast their food was excellent and it was just an overall good place to stay if going to alotau.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
TraceyDelandelles, Owner at Masurina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2019

Thank you so much for your feedback. Please email me directly tracey.abel@masurina.com.pg with any suggestions you have on how we can improve our free continental breakfast.

Kind regards,
Management.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

I was recommended to stay at this place by local friends. I had spent the previous week in a remote location and was looking forward to a hot shower and a rest. I was disappointed. Checked in and went to my room which looked ok, but had a tv that came from the 80's. Went to make coffee, and the powdered milk sachet was so old it wouldn't dissolve in the hot water. Hmm. Went to the shower and both shower taps were labelled hot. So turned one on, and then the other, and both were cold. Stone cold. Arrgghh. Tried to get hot water from the hand basin and none came out. Nothing. The shower was dirty, with old soap scum in the soap holder, and the tiles were disgusting. The tv when I went to turn it on didn't work, and the only chair in the room was so uncomfortable it was un-useable. Very disappointed in this place which looked great everywhere else but the room was crap. Will not stay here again. I would rather take my chances elsewhere.

Room tip: Stay somewhere else.
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Darren S
TraceyDelandelles, Owner at Masurina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Darren,

I'm very sorry you've had this experience, but appreciate your feedback. My husband and I took over the running of Masurina Lodge 2 years ago and since then the lodge has been undergoing renovations, but we know we still have work to do in some of our rooms. If you are prepared to give us another chance when you next travel to Alotau, please contact me directly - tracey.abel@masurina.com.pg - and I will ensure you are given a room that has been renovated (1 night FOC), along with a complimentary dinner voucher for our restaurant.

Kind regards,
Tracey

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Stayed for 3 days in late June-July, which were perfect, then tried to come back to use a second reservation. That second reservation was made 2 months before and was confirmed as we left the first time. In a phone call in advance of our return 2 weeks later to extend our reservation from 1 to 3 days, the desk denied I had a reservation at all. I sent a copy of my reservation and soon a manager acknowledged our reservations, that they had been canceled, and gave alternative reservations for 3 single rooms, even stating the room numbers. We arrived from an all day trip by boat and truck. The hotel staff helped us lug our large amount of gear into the hotel and our truck departed. But over at the front desk we found that the whole reservation was canceled, the day manager was very evasive, the staff acted very embarrassed, we were NOT HAPPY, and the whole thing was very awkward. They had made reservations at another hotel, the Napatana, it turns out. They drove us over there. We did not act very thankful since had we known we could have gone to the Napatana in our own truck straight away. Readers can make of this what they want. I do not believe I have ever experienced the like after living years in tropical Pacific hotels during my travels there. The ratings are bi-polar. High for the first visit and nada for the second because we did not get a room at all.
The Masurina and Napatana are at least partially owned by the same family and I think there also are other investors. In the past I have met many of these people which probably makes me hesitant to complain too loudly, but I did not find our treatment to be professional.

Room tip: The rooms with kitchenette suit my needs. Up to you.
Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 10 January 2018

The staff are friendly and helpful.They are very welcoming.Stayed at the Masurina Lodge which have beautiful spacious rooms that are air-conditioned for 6 days. There were some issues with the running water. The breakfast which was continental which was not good. There are also evening meals with local cuisine. The bar area used fans to circulate the air. There was a swimming pool.

Room tip: The rooms have been refurbished and are very modern
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed during a business trip. Beautiful room, very comfortable, and spacious. Couldn't get an Iron and Ironing Board to iron crushed clothes. When I enquired about it, I was told I could get a lady in the laundry to do it for a price...

Food in restaurant was tasty but plain at the same time. The Café food looks great though. Comfortable bar, great atmosphere.

Date of stay: October 2017
Review collected in partnership with HP Windows 10
2  Thank Delene_and_John
TraceyDelandelles, Manager at Masurina Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2017

Thanks for your review. Our laundry and ironing service is free, so I will look into why you were told it wasn't.