“Excellent food”

Grumpy & Sweetheart's
Ranked #1 of 2 Quick Bites in Mogo
Price range: US$12 - US$16
Description: A delightful cafe with indoor and outdoor seating serving very tasty food and delicious coffee. Child and pet friendly.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent food with a wonderful atmosphere. The crunchy Thai noodle salad was delicious and the children’s baked beans on toast had homemade baked beans. Great portion sizes! Fantastic Covid-19 cleaning and practices

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (186)

Reviewed 24 March 2021

Great cleanliness for Covid. Aren't told that have to go to counter to order. Love the open kitchen. Sister had beef burger and was ok. I had black bean burger. So yummy But the pattie was round and very small and was half the size of the Turkish bread. Hardly any filling. At $18 I wondered where the rest of the burger was or the golden the gold fries. Was still very hungry. Overpriced for what we both got. Nice atmosphere.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 11 February 2021 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch when travelling south. Extremely friendly service and excellent CoVid protocols in place. The rear garden was delightful.
Decided to share the Thai salad with chicken. Without requesting it came in separate bowls, which shows excellent customer service. The salad was excellent with the freshest salad, crunchy beans shoots and nicely flavoured chicken. The dressing was perfect. Portion size being halved was just the right amount for lunch. Washed it down with a chilled Chardonnay which was served in quality glasses.
Didn’t have time to try the coffee but will stop on way back up coast.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Rotiman1
Reviewed 5 December 2020

We met friends here for morning tea and found the atmosphere welcoming and the service friendly. There is an wide selection of sweets to enjoy and the coffee is excellent. Ordering at the counter does not detract in the least from the experience. We'd love to make this our regular but live several hundred kilometres too far away. Certainly recommended.

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Good service deserves to be recognised. Firstly they catered for my gluten free SO without a problem.
Secondly, there was a mixup with my order and I received bacon instead of salmon. I had slept terribly the night before and the error was probably my fault when I ordered. Regardless, they offered to remake my meal for me and were incredibly hospitable. (I’m a pescatarian, otherwise I would’ve happily eaten it).
We ordered the chocolate espresso cake so we could break our $50 and leave a tip (not because we wanted the cake, of course). It was light and a bit too easy to eat.
Would recommend for everyone when in Mogo.

Date of visit: October 2020