“Very recommended but not good”
Review of El Olivo

El Olivo
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Vinales
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2018

Service on this place is terrible. My waitress didn't know how to answer my questions and they show no interest on asking if we enjoy the food at all. He might had notice my disgusted face. My plate, shrimps, were not properly cleaned and my husbands pork had a good taste but it was not properly cooked. It was kind of hard to bite.
plates were kind of pricey for Cuba. I mean we can get better criolla food with other locals and not spend half we paid for dirty shrimps.
I'm also Cuban and although I was kind of excited to see the menue and hope for some sore of meal as I usually eat but no worth it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed 23 April 2018

The food at El Olivo is great! Also, when it's warm and you want to get cooled off and enjoy some drinks, it's a great place to be because they have air conditioner too. And their service is great too!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We came 2 nights to eat. Had 3 differrent pastas and the signiture dish rabbit with chocolate. All of them very nice.

Good service and good prices.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We had heard good things about this restaurant on the main drag in Viñales. It was Good Friday so the currency exchange office was closed. We walked in and made sure they would accept dollars. They said yes but that the exchange rate would be .80 for $1 usd. The official rate is .87 and many private businesses will even give a better rate. They were taking advantage and we knew better so we left.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I personally don't think food was spectacular in that place. We took rabbit with chocolate and my girlfriend a lasagna. With me being Italian I was able to say lasagna wasn't spectacular as well as the rabbit, but the restaurant is trying to bring something innovative in an island like Cuba and even more in the countryside like Vinales which definitely needs something new after years of stagnation. Therefore I would say they are in the good path.