All reviewspastahotel restaurantthe swimming pool areaclean roomsa wonderful place to staycakeantipastideerpigsweddingterracemasseria15minscountrypugliatownsgrounds
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We were guests of this semi-hidden gem and enjoyed it thoroughly! Head Chef Angelo's cooking was sublime! Local ingredients sourced and/or foraged by himself cooked to the highest standards. The whole team is great and the owners roam the property on a daily basis being as welcoming and hospitable to the guests as the Italian stereotype sets. They both made me feel valued as a guest and the service was so personal that we felt part of the family. I would recommend this great hotels to families (they have an amazing swimming pool) and lovers of good food and nature.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I visited Masseria Chiancone Torricella to take a break from London's rainy summer.
I enjoyed my 10 day stay very very well. I was treated amazingly by the staff as they were willing to help at any given time.
The atmosphere of the "Masseria" is just how i expected a rustic hotel to be in 2017.
A modernised rural hotel. The rooms are very clean, breakfast was very pleasant.
It also has a very nice gym as well as an indoor and outdoor pool which suprisingly has excellent bar service.
Overall I loved my stay at the Masseria Chiancone Torricella and me and my family are looking forward to visiting it again in the future!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paolo_Cicero
Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay!
The historic Masseria has been wonderfully converted to a modern rural hotel which gently spreads in low rise buildings across an extensive site, over terraces, mini-piazzas, a few trulli, and a rather wonderful, safe, clean, and relaxing pool.
The themes and decor are simple and white - no fuss here! Our three double rooms shared a large and moderately secluded terrace. The rooms were perfectly cleaned and maintained; bright and airy bathrooms (shower cubicle); TV (unused by us, but son 1 attempted (& failed) to get the test match); fridge/minibar. The aircon units struggled a little but, to be fair, it was into the 40s (centigrade, obviously Modern units here in Europe!!). Beds comfy and linen/towels good quality.

Pool is lovely. Safe for kids (shallow at one end, gently moving into more swimmable depths). Lots of loungers and chairs, amongst olive trees for those seeking some shade. The lifeguard doubles as waiter and brought such light lunches and Italian delicacies from the kitchens as we ordered - eaten in the (welcome) shade of the poolside dining area.

Evening dining was excellent every night; the menu isn't vast but there was a "specials" page which changed each evening.

The staff were without exception helpful & friendly. They could not have helped more when we had an "incident" with our car, and came out to rescue us (once the y had worked out where we were, which wasn't easy!).

We would advise a car... The whole site sits on the edge of a national park area - it is quite literally over the wall - and is about 15mins drive (taxi is available, but this isn't Uber speed!) from Martina Franca, which has a lovely centre and lots of places to eat out, as well as (apparently) a well known summer music festival. (The outskirts are not its best feature but surely that's normal for most towns?). It's about 80mins drive to the Adriatic (east) coast... a bit less to the west coast.

We stayed Monday to Saturday, and it was peaceful and quiet. We noted that the venue is well known for events and (in our view perfect for) weddings - so it is possible it might get a bit lively at the weekend. But we didn't hear any of the festivities of the Friday night birthday bash that went on and to which we were oblivious once in our rooms.

We really loved this place and would seek to come back another year if we make it this far south again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

I visited the Masseria for 5 nights for my friends wedding in July 2017. The venue was great and the service was excellent. I would highly recommend for weddings and all of the guests had an amazing time!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2017

Very Clean room but lacking atmosphere, bathroom very modern, did not like having shared terrace and looked out onto a brick wall. The evening meal was ok but the service was very slow. The breakfast was unacceptable plastic cups for fruit juice out of a machine, coffee out of a machine not what you would expect in Italy and if you want a boiled egg do it yourself!!
On the last day coffee machines not working, no marmalade or jam and fruit juice machine not availabel either over all very disappointed

Room Tip: no advice as all rooms have shared outside area
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple