US$345
US$601
Expedia
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsfrangipani suitelow tidesmall hotelprivate poolspice toursand beachnungwi villageexcellent holidaythis wonderful hotelevery mealsea urchinsdecorated with flowerscleaning staffstone town tourour honeymoonwe loved our staymain beach
Reviewed 4 July 2017

The Zanzibari is a wonderful, quiet hotel on the north end of Zanzibar near the town of Nungwi. It is located about 15 minutes outside of town on the beach and about 70 minutes from the airport. We stayed in one of the Frangipani suites with our two teens. The main bedroom has a king bed and ac. There is another small bed in the living area. Upstairs in a beautiful open air floor (beds have mosquito netting) where two additional beds and a couch and living area was situated.

We also has a private plunge pool and beach area. We had half-board and some of our best meals in Africa were here.The chef is imaginative and talented with 5-course dinners. We loved walking to town and having some lunches there as well.

The true highlight of The Zanzibari are the gracious and generous people who work there. In particular, Nzori who made us feel at home. Nzori also took us on a wonderful town tour which gave us insight on how the local people live and make a living. We watched boat builders build huge wooden crafts by hand, without power tools, women weave, spoke with a nurse at the clinic, watched fishing nets be repaired. We were given a chance to "help" these craftsman. Nzori taught us many things, but most of all how to feel welcome in his community. Every step of the way, he turned around and surprised us.

There are other activity options and they can arrange any kind of tour, diving, snorkeling or other sightseeing.

The Zanzibari and the people who run it-- are very, very special. We miss them already.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Zanzibari_Tanzania, General Manager at The Zanzibari, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

It is our hope that all who chance a stay at The Zanzibari have wonderful and unforgettable memories that when recalled can bring warmth and joy to the heart.
Thank you for writing such a gracious review and we are truly happy to know you all had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

I would've like to wait till the end of my stay here, but Modest and his team are so amazing that I can not keep quiet any longer! From the moment we got hear mere hours earlier, the atmosphere has been just amazing. We feel so welcomed. Absolutely great service! And this hotel is a jewel! Our room is amazing and the aircon hits just the right spot! The pool is absolutely awesome! Water is warm, but no complaints really. Check this spot, coz I will review again once we leave!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Zanzibari_Tanzania, Manager at The Zanzibari, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Thank you for your gracious review. We are happy that we were able to meet your expectations and that you had an absolutely amazing stay. I will pass your kind comments onto the staff.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

The staff at Zanzibari went above and beyond to make my stay a trip to remember. The food was incredible and the room was lovely. I had the best mattress in my room and I wish I would have taken a look to see who it was made by! The acrobatic group who entertained us one night was so cool, and I heard they actually travel around the world with their performance. Very impressed with Zanzibari!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 March 2017

The place is very beautiful with great spots to relax and enjoy from a romantic vacation.
The service and the care from all the hotel staff was 5 Star!
Specially I would like to mention Zory one of the managers which was wonderful and took care of all we need every day!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2017

In February my husband and I stayed at the hotel. The hotel is small and
cozy, the staff is very friendly and service at the highest level. The hotel grounds are very beautiful with views of the ocean. In the
restaurant, very tasty food and wine. We love it. Thank you very much for an awesome stay.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Zanzibari_Tanzania, Manager at The Zanzibari, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2017

Thank you for reviewing our property. We work hard to ensure that the environment and atmosphere is pleasing and comfortable for all. We appreciate that you had an awesome experience with us. I will pass your kind comments onto the staff.
Thank you again for taking time to make a review.