All reviews frangipani suite low tide small hotel private pool nungwi village spice tour sand beach this wonderful hotel excellent holiday decorated with flowers perfect place to relax sea urchins every meal stone town living area cleaning staff our honeymoon
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Zanzibari is a small, peaceful place to be.
My review is strictly from my experience of their food and service. I have never spent a night there so I will not touch about their rooms or any amenities.
As most of the hotels nearby Zanzibari, beach access is a down. But I love the fact that they created a nice sandy place where you can relax in front of the sea.
On low tide you can get down and enjoy the Ocean and the little but clean beach area.
As i have mentioned on the subject, the staff are really friendly and will always serve you with a beautiful smile.
The food, I personally like it. Love the fish fingers and the local dishes as well.
TIP: If you want to spend a little time laying around in peace, it is a nice place to go.
I would not recommend the pool, neither should you expect a 5 star property.
Go for the fish fingers :)
You like spice? Make sure they serve you their ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS homemade chili chutney. It is mouth watering.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2016

The Zanzibari is a haven of peace away from the the hustle and bustle of a somewhat litter strewn Zanzibar. Rooms are very comfortable, clean, airy and with a balcony/veranda facing the ocean. The beach is fantastic, but beware sea urchins.
The was a wide choice of food which was very good, especially the Swahili buffet.
Paul and his staff could not do enough for us and were always polite and cheerful.
We spent 3 relaxing days in beautiful surroundings.
Would highly recommend the Zanzibari.

Roger and Lynn Dicken

Room tip: Best views from 1st floor rooms.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

We arrived at this hotel after five days at Sable MountIn Lodge and had booked an extended stay of seven nights. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a whole apartment, although one real frustration being that we didn't have a decent shower working throughout. The rest was great - the gardens, the pool, the beach, the super super staff (for which nothing was too much trouble and the food). We really enjoyed our stay, even if the hotel was really quiet .

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2016

This hotel is a dream! Nice staff, excellent manager and the best place for a relaxing stay. Due to its size (the hotel only provides 3 suits and 8 rooms) - you can have a perfect rest. If it gets hot, you jump into the pool that has the perfect size, cold water and is partly sun protected. The rooms are clean, the suites are pleasant in their size, some have an extra pool for complete privacy. The restaurant and its chief provide a delicious meal, the bar perfect long drinks...if you decide to go to Sansibar - the Zanzibari ist the best place to stay. Believe me, it will rock you!!!!!!

Room tip: Two suites have an extra pool and are directly situated by the sea...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Zanzibari_Tanzania, General Manager at The Zanzibari, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2016

Thank you for the kind review, I will pass your comments onto the staff. Palzori sends his regards....

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Its hard to put into words just how nice this place is, from the turquoise sea, to the incredible food, to the friendliest staff, there is not a bad word I could say about my stay here!

I landed in Zanzibar after a 3 week photographic Safari holiday, also with Tent With A View... and decided to come to Zanzibar at the end of my trip to unwind! What a good decision that was! Never been so relaxed in my life, and dont think you can get much closer to paradise!

The sea is just so blue, and the sand so white! The hotel is literally on the beach, you leave your room, walk down some stairs and your there. The gardens surrounding you are beautiful and mature too, with a diverse ecosystem of birds and insects, brilliant for photographing whilst lazing around under the sun!

The food was incredible every night, with a wide selection, fish was my fav and was freshly caught every day. Never ate the same thing twice and ever meal was just amazing, so much tastier than the food back home!!! Think its the African sun!

Nzuri, the manager, was the most helpful, friendly person ive ever had the pleasure of meeting! He works so hard to keep ever guest happy, even took me to eat in his home! He knows everyone in the village so walking around with him was like being part of a huge family. The village was beautiful, as well as the people, I think that is what touched me the most about my stay.

Everything about the hotel and the area and the staff was just perfect, wouldnt want to change anything about my stay!

Want to come back and stay forever!!!!!

Room tip: The suites were incredible, so spacious, with your own house basically! Beautiful interior decoration!
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ollie G
Zanzibari_Tanzania, General Manager at The Zanzibari, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write such a gracious review. I am glad we met all your expectations and you had the relaxation you needed. I will pass your comments onto the staff. You are more than welcome to return.