Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
LeighSki1
Healdsburg, California

Great management and best value around!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 11 Dec 2020
I recently stayed at the Ohia Waikiki Studio Suites for 7 nights. I travel frequently internationally and have stayed in all typed of accommodations. I just loved the Ohia Waikiki. It is a budget accommodation but very well run, clean and the employees are great. I had a room with a kitchen and the room was so spacious and bright. I was so comfortable in my room. Kathy, the general manager, helped me with my reservation and she was fantastic. Moe helped me with checking in and the level of welcome was outstanding. The location is just about perfect, as it right in the center of Waikiki. The pool area is very nice. You just can’t beat this place for value and hospitality!
Date of stay: December 2020
9.7 km from Ohia Waikiki Studio Suites
Free parking
View more hotels in Honolulu
2,006 results
All reviews great location international market place beds were comfortable waikiki shopping housekeeper rental oahu aloha
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2020

I booked a package deal w/Expedia last year just before the pandemic. My flight suspended flights temporarily, & I called the hotel to change my dates. At first a woman who answered was very helpful, but then another mgr claimed she was the actual mgr & began repeating my ticket was non-refundable, & continued an illogical & irrational campaign to make sure I miss my upcoming October date. I told her I was told to make the date in Oct by the rep who answered & to hold the Oct date to make sure the pandemic passes & if the issue worsens then the hotel understood, & would simply move dates to accommodate customers if necessary. This mgr named Paulette would not budge. No one at Expedia, Cheaptickets or hotel staff could understand why she is being so impossible about simply moving back a hotel date for a paid guest. Since then, travel restrictions have been inconsistent, and the govenor of the Island has issued a 14 day quarantine, and ordered COVID tests for visitors to the Island, further proof that seeking another date for my vacation is not my fault, but a product of how the pandemic makes travel uncertain, and better to plan towards the end of the year. To make matters worse, the GM of the hotel refuses to return my calls or emails. But I am not deterred. My next steps are to seek assistance from higher authorities & likely file a lawsuit if my dates pass & I lose my vacation Oct 1st. If a mgr like this works at that hotel and treats PAID guests this way, it most certainly is not a hotel I would want to stay at.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank anthonywE9637JU
paulette medeiros, Guest Services / Front Office at Ohia Waikiki Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2020

Aloha Mr. Anthony Werner,
I understand that you have spoken to the General Manager and she is addressing all of your issues.
Mahalo,
Paulette Medeiros
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 29 August 2020

Kathy, the GM was awesome, very friendly, professional and great customer service. I really felt like a valued guest. She helped resolve an issue I was having with the wifi in my room as well as an issue with my bank card.

Date of stay: August 2020
3  Thank JeemH1
paulette medeiros, Guest Services / Front Office at Ohia Waikiki Studio Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2020

Aloha JeemH1,
Thank you very much for your 5-star review.
We are so glad you enjoyed a wonderful stay overall and had a wonderful vacation experience.
Kathy is the absolute best, we are so glad to have her.
It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future!
Mahalo,
Paulette Medeiros
Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 14 August 2020

Overall, the price has always been very reasonable if you are on a limited budget. It's at a great location in the middle of Waikiki. The staff have always been accomadating with all my stays at the hotel.

Date of stay: May 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Navigator02374088397
Reviewed 11 July 2020

This is a budget hotel in Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The facilities are old, but clean. The location is great, very close to the International Market Place. They are pet friendly.

Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 7 July 2020

The rooms don't look like the website pictures. Housekeeping doesn't come daily. If you want your trash taken be sure to pack it up and leave it in the hall. Parking is small and some stalls are used for extra furniture storage... One good thing is when cars are double parked and you need to get out,a parking attendant is very attentive and quick at getting you out. The rooms need A LOT of TLC. The price doesn't match the quality. It's the location you're really paying for, but during this pandemic, with limited things open, it's not worth it. Staff could use a little more aloha too. No eye contact or smiling, no "thank you for your stay." No one wore face masks, it made me question overall hotel cleanliness. Sounded like there was a live-in resident down the hall with a dog that barked at everything and a tenant with a bad mouth, not so good when you've got kids with you... The hallway smelled like smoke every morning. The outdoor private patio was large but dirty, there were new cigarette butts outside every morning. On the plus side, the sofa bed was more comfortable than most sofa beds we've slept on.

Date of stay: July 2020