“Great Steak - Don't order a Mai Tai”
Review of Aloha Steak House

Ranked #402 of 2,259 Restaurants in Honolulu
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We wanted a good steak so I found this on Open Table and could make a reservation the day before. We arrived a half hour early to have a Mai Tai before we left Hawaii. I should have known better since they weren't on the menu. The waiter said they were $12 when he seated us but then they were actually $14. We did order a beer (me) and wine (my other half) off the happy hour menu at $5 each before that hour ended. I had the Rib Eye & Shrimp with a side of rice. It's Hawaii so I did rice instead of fries. It also comes with corn kernels. Everything was great, especially the steak which was cooked rarish as ordered. My other half had a Rib Eye with Rice and Corn Soup. His was cooked medium rare as ordered. The service was great as well. I would definitely return here and probably give it a 5 next time since I won't be ordering specialty drinks, especially those not on the menu! Also, not very touristy plus they turned people away so make reservations and enjoy a yummy steak. Mahalo!

Date of visit: May 2021
TAKANORI K, Manager at Aloha Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for visiting and enjoying our steak. However we apologize for the incorrect price of the mai tai we gave you. We will take care not to make the same mistake. Hope you will come back soon again. ALOHA

Write a reviewReviews (44)

Reviewed 26 April 2021

1st off the bad Aloha steakhouse is off the main streets and kind of tucked away. We were looking for a nice place for our anniversary, and boy did we find it! The staff was amazing very friendly and the whole place had a relaxing hangout vibe to it. My wife ordered a tropical punch seltzer it was a little strong for her our waiter went and got her some flavored syrup to add it became fine. She ordered the 1/2lb ribeye with garlic shrimp and Mashed potatoes I couldn’t decide so I got the ribeye & tenderloin and garlic fries. The mashed potatoes were good nothing great; the garlic fires however were amazing! If you are looking for a place to have a drink and a snack I would suggest this, if you like garlic. Now on to the real meat! I don’t know what wizardry was going on in the kitchen but the tenderloin was delicious! Probably one of the best steaks I have ever had juicy, full flavored, and tender. And the ribeye was even better! Hers was medium mine was well done, there was some difference in taste but both were just outstanding! Defiantly the best steak I have had even well done it was still juicy (and served on a sizzling cast iron plate!) very few times have I eaten something that I would call an experience this was one of them! We had mentioned to our waiter that it was our anniversary, after we ate he told us that he had something for us, he brought out both the watermelon soft serve and the honey gorgonzola cheesecake! The cheesecake was really good the watermelon soft serve was both delicious and confusing not quite watermelon but that was as close as you could describe it! It was something worth coming to Aloha steakhouse just to try! 1 more negative Aloha steakhouse may have ruined all other steaks for us now. Anyone looking for amazing steak and service come to Aloha steakhouse and experience this wonderful place! And be on the lookout for the wizards in the kitchen!

Date of visit: April 2021
TAKANORI K, Marketing at Aloha Steak House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2021

Thank you for enjoying our steak and for the highest compliment!! We are very happy to have surpassed the best steak ever for you!! We look forward seeing you soon again!!

ALOHA:)

Reviewed 23 April 2021

The dinner situation in Hawaii is very difficult right now. Most restaurants are still only at half capacity and some restaurants aren’t even open yet. Waiting for a table takes hours. Book your reservations in advance. We were lucky enough to find this great place on the interwebs and was able to book a reservation with only two day notice. This was one of the BEST dinners we have ever had. They definitely know how to cook steak. They also know how to keep guests happy! If we ever make it back to Hawaii again this is definitely on the list visit again. It is a very small establishment with very “come hang out” vibes. At the end of the meal we mentioned it was our anniversary and they made this dessert sampler for us.

Date of visit: April 2021

Thank you so much for choosing Aloha Steak House to celebrate your 15th anniversary!! We are so glad you enjoyed our steak and service and look forward seeing you soon again:)

Happy 15th anniversary!!
ALOHA

Reviewed 25 June 2020

We were looking for a nice Father's Day sit-down dinner. Initially I was thinking of Hy's Steak House (too expensive, didn't want to dress up either) or DK Steakhouse (also expensive). Found this place online and saw that they were open with limited seating due to COVID, so we made a reservation for 6 PM. The restaurant was pretty empty so we could have probably just walked in, but I didn't want to take a chance the day before Father's Day (Saturday dinner to beat the Sunday crowd).

Parking was about two blocks away in the Hyatt Centric on Seaside Avenue - do not bring your monster truck or any vehicle over 6 ft 2 inches, the parking roof structure is ridiculously low and my mini SUV barely made it. The stalls are small as well. You pull a ticket and get it validated at the restaurant, then feed it into the kiosk by the elevators to get out. No one was manning the booth but we had no problems.

Now onto the food:

Tenderloin 1/2 lbs ($30) - my husband loved his steak, he said it was better than Hy's and DK Steakhouse but the portion was pretty small and he ate everything on his plate and all the appetizers as well.

Half and Half ($53) - Two pieces of meat, more substantial than the Tenderloin 1/2 lbs. My son loved this dish but wasn't too keen on the fatty prime rib. Next time he said he'll get the Tenderloin. I have heard of this legendary Tomahawk Steak for $88 and that would have been a better bet - next time!

Rice and Soup ($5) - Excellent cream corn soup in a small cup. Super tasty, rich and creamy and it tasted fresh. Rice was unlimited refills.

Soup and Salad ($7) - As above, cream corn soup was fabulous. It was in a small cup but that's all you need because it was very rich. The salad was very good with a shaved side of corn, chunks of purple potato and quinoa sprinkled on greens. I didn't get any refills on the soup or the salad (it was not offered).

Garlic Fries ($6) - Thin potato fries with crispy garlic chips and chopped garlic. Delicious!

Mochiko Chicken Appetizer ($8) - My husband said it tasted more like a "kara age", which means fried chicken. There was nothing really "mochiko" about it according to him, but he loved it and said it was the best kara age he's had.

Iichiko Chu-Hi ($3) - refreshing lemon shochu mixed with soda water. Not much alcohol content but great price and refreshing!

Monthy Beer ($3 - $6) - My husband ordered a beer called Pussy Grabs Back for $4 and he liked it. We asked to keep the can (psychedelic pink and purple screaming cat).

Pineapple Juice ($3) - free refills.

Watermelon Soft Serve Cones ($7.50) - OK I saved the best for last! You must try this refreshing treat! It was refreshing, light and tasted like fresh watermelon! Even the cone, which was colored to look like a real watermelon, was super crunchy and delicious. The cost was totally worth it. I want to walk into this restaurant just to get the cone...to go!!

Service was pretty good. The man was pretty funny and attentive. The woman was OK, a little rough around the edges but overall had a great time here and will definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 13 March 2020 via mobile

Had such a good meal here! It’s a casual steak restaurant and I think a way better choice than the fine dining steak places. We had the $88 tomahawk between the two of us and it was insanely delicious. A splurge for sure but a good value overall. Also had the green salad, mushrooms and watermelon ice cream for dessert - would recommend all of them. To top it off, Lisa gave us the best service. Made us feel right at home. Highly recommend for a dinner out in Waikiki! Ask for Lisa’s section!

Date of visit: March 2020