“Bad Service”

Ranked #23 of 254 Quick Bites in Honolulu
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 11 June 2021

My friend waited in line at the coffee shop close to closing time. She only wanted a vanilla gelato, and she was the last one in line. When she got up to the counter, the waitress approached the register and told my friend (who is 14), that they were closed and she had to leave. This was after the server had left the register for five minutes while the previous guest was grabbing their order. While this is somewhat understandable, I found it very ridiculous that they didn’t have time for one more customer. The drinks were ok but I was not pleased with the service.

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank kaitlynmmm
Write a reviewReviews (1,635)

Reviewed 24 May 2021

In the past I have loved Island Vintage Coffee. So much, that when there was a 2 hour line outside, I woke up at 5 am to beat the line. My favorite thing - that I dream about when I'm not in Hawaii - is the Peanut Butter and Mango Sandwich. We ordered them, and what we got was hideous. Somehow, we were able to get hard toasted heels of the bread on two sandwiches (have you ever paid for a sandwich and gotten it on a heel of bread???) Barely a teaspoon of peanut butter so the mango had nothing to stick to and just slid out of the bare, hard, toasted bread. It also took us 30 minutes to get the sandwiches despite the fact that we were first on line - therefore the first order. We finally asked about them, and the girl working in the kitchen hadn't even started them, yet was serving other people their food. HORRIBLE - I am so disappointed!

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Fozzley
Reviewed 17 April 2021

We did not order any food items but had read good reviews about the wine bar. I am not sure when happy hour is but we were there at 1 pm and received happy hour prices which meant that our wine was $7 per glass which was a fantastic deal. We ordered the Gruet Sauvage sparkling rose, Santa Julia malbec, and the Chapoutier Belleruche.

Date of visit: April 2021
2  Thank minnesotans4
Reviewed 14 April 2021

My daughter is a picky vegan and she just loved this restaurant. The ladies ordered the food and I sampled it and I must say it was delicious. Their coffee is also really good and you can taste the quality

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 6 April 2021

We stayed just down the street - and was an easy walk over for food. Ate here for take-out for lunch & dinner on our trip. Everything we got was great. Like others said, the line was a bit long, but greeted with a smiling face once at the register. Food took about 15 minutes to get - but well worth the wait. Also grabbed a few bags of coffee for home. Can't go wrong here.

Date of visit: April 2021