US$319
US$208
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
3,147 results
All reviewsthe dolphin lagoonplumeria beach houseseaside grillprivate beacharancinodolphin experienceplumeria restaurantpacific dream photographylanai roomkoko headbreakfast buffetfour seasonsturn down serviceour honeymoonfree shuttleshuttle servicebusy waikiki
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had wonderful family dinner indoors but facing the beachside, it was a buffet, the seafood was exec Ella the and of course fresh, it also happen to be the night where they lit up the Christmas tree and there was carollers there and free drinks for the guest it was so much fun too.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark M
Kahala_Resort_Hawaii, Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Mahalo. Glad your family enjoyed the visit.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway to celebrate my 60th birthday. We procrastinated and this resort was kind of an impromptu selection hours before the flight on Friday evening. It is a five star resort and lives up to its billing. We had to pay top Dollars but it was my 60th afterall! Though situated away from the maddening touristy crowds of the main waikiki beach, it is easy to get into the thick of things by using the free shuttle of a cheap ride on Lyft. (@10$) I have to give a shout out to our shuttle driver who gave us the best guided tour through the one hour drive from the hotel to town (usual drive is only @20 min but if you take multi stop shuttle it takes 1 hr and worth it if you have time) We greatly enjoyed it. Remember it is the backyard where president Obama grew up.
Ambience of the resort: Elegant simplicity without being ostentatiously ornamented like many resorts.
Staff: Professional;fast yet attentive overall and what you would expect from the staff of a luxury hotel
Rooms are large and the bathrooms are excellent with wonderful housekeeping twice a day.
The view of the ocean was amazing from our ocean view room There are other scenery as well all around especially that of the misty mountains and the famous diamond head.
The beach itself is beautiful. The rains that preceded our arrival ,prevented us from getting in to the ocean.
Food We ate at all the three restaurants. We usually skip the report food and seek out local fanfare but the breakfast buffet at Plumeria and the sunday seafood brunch at Hoku's are fabulous and nightly lazy time on the Veranda for drinks is relaxing.
Overall it was a memorable trip for a landmark occasion. The $800/night tab for the room was well worth it. We will certainly stay here on our return to Ohau. I hope we would get a less expensive rate :)

Stayed: April 2018
Kahala_Resort_Hawaii, Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Aloha. Appeciate you sharing your birthday with us! Mahalo for the nice compliments.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

I left my iPhone charger in the room but when we checked out they didn’t said that we left the charger, n when I called the receptionists looking for my charger they said she needs to asked the attendant to asked, how dishonest the staff for a charger, please don’t stay in this place because staff I know what call to call them, first time I encounter this kind, for all the hotels I stayed.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank kiddo777

Aloha. Disappointing to hear your response. Our housekeepers know to turn in personal items guests inadvertently leave behind.
Guests forgetting an item is actually a fairly regular occurence and The Kahala has a process to get items back to their owners.

We hope your stay met expectations beyond losing your charger.

Reviewed 24 April 2018

Stayed here for several days recently on holiday with my girlfriend to celebrate a significant birthday of hers, before going to Maui for a friends wedding. Let me start out by saying that it is my strong opinion that this is the best luxury hotel on Oahu.

Upon check in, they were kind enough to upgrade us to a Ocean facing room with a balcony as it was her birthday, which we were very grateful for, and we were able to have great breakfasts on the the balcony, which was an experience on its own. I do admit, the hotel overall can seem a bit dated, however the service that you get, together with the atmosphere, location, and available amenities, make it irrelevant.

As it was Spring Break season, the hotel was full of families and young children, which can be a mood breaker at times, especially when the pool and beach are overrun and overcrowded, however it wasn't much of an issue for us as we had planned activities outside for most days. The location is also great because you are away from the very touristy buzz of Waikiki, but close enough to all the spots that its easy to get to. They also have a shuttle service that will take you to several spots in town which was very useful.

Overall, I wouldn't think twice about where to stay on Oahu. Kahala is the only option.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank tky03

You summarized our location nicely. Mahalo for sharing!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We celebrated our daughter’s wedding reception here last week and she couldn’t have selected a better spot!

Venue, food and service were amazing. No one left dissatisfied or disappointed. Thank you to all that assisted in making this an exceptionally memorable experience.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank AnthonyTsoutsa
Kahala_Resort_Hawaii, Manager at The Kahala Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Our delight! Mahalo.