“Fusion hawaian cousine”
Review of Eating House 1849

Eating House 1849
Reserve with OpenTable
Eating House 1849 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #254 of 2,564 Restaurants in Honolulu
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The restaurant is located in a mall but secluded on an area with fewer stores. It has a nice environment and attractive decoration. The chef Yamagushi is very talented and blends local ingredients with international ones. I started with the tuna poke, served with a crispy cracker and guacalome. For entree I had the sea food paella served very hot on a iron cast pan. Maybe too spicy for my taste but definitely tasty. This restaurant is worth a visit when you're in town.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I got an E.H. Ahi Bowl for lunch as I was walking around International Market Place. The wait was a bit longer than I'd expected from how small the order was and how little people were there for lunch, but the Ahi bowl had me in tears. The tuna, salmon (?), and fish eggs all melted in my mouth and I felt cleaner and almost rejuvenated into another level of existence. This made the wait worth it.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Came here after hours of shopping and found it to be just perfect.
The food was great, the service was great and the food wait was great.
Would definitely come back!

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

Had a good experience at the Eating House. It's a fresh take on flavors that you may be used to if you're a local. Because it's in the International Marketplace, the food prices were a little higher than normal, but on par for the area. I recommend the pork belly buns as an appetizer, the short ribs, and the ribeye. If you have room for dessert, which I recommend you save some, get the soufflé!

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Service was awful! Food was okay. Would not return just based on the service alone. We were not the only table at the time who seemed to be complaining and it wasnt even busy.