“Best surf lesson ever!!!!”

Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Aloha! Have you ever considered learning how to surf? I am a professional surf instructor, born and raised here in these gorgeous islands. I have over 30 years of surfing experience, with over 20 years of teaching as well. Come experience the joy & adventure of wave-riding in a safe, beginner friendly environment, away from the stressful, crowded waters of Waikiki beach. Allow me to put a smile on your face and make this event the highlight of your vacation! All ages are welcome. Book your lesson today! Mahalo!
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Rick was an incredible instructor!! He was patient, attentive, funny and informative. My family of 5 scheduled another lesson with him this week because we had such a great time at our first surf lesson. He was extremeley encouraging and because of his instruction, we were all able to get up multiple times in the 2 hour lesson. Would absolutely recommend!!!

Rick C, Owner at Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2018

Mahalo Julia, so glad you all came back for a 2nd time. I appreciate all the kind words and am looking forward to getting you folks out in the waves on your next trip back to Oahu. Aloha!

All reviews
"whole family"
"two hours"
"took pictures"

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Our entire family had a fantastic time! Rick is incredibly patient and an absolute surf guru. He was able to turn us all into surf lovers and we can’t wait to go back again. 11/10 would recommend!!!!

Thanks Anthony! Surfing with your family twice was a pleasure for me as well too. I really appreciate your business and I'm so glad you all did well and had a blast. Very nice family you for there. Take care, my friends. Until next time, ALOHA!

Reviewed 29 June 2018

Yesterday, we rented surfboards, headed out to the ocean, and failed miserably despite our best efforts. Today, we took a family surf lesson from Rick Canencia of Polu Lani and were totally psyched to soon be up riding waves after receiving instruction in fundamental techniques and safety considerations from this master, who is remarkably personable, outgoing, enthusiastic, and confidence-inspiring. I can't imagine a better surf instructor, period.

Rick C, Owner at Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

I love getting my students "totally psyched"! Thank you very much for your feedback, it is much appreciated. Aloha!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I wanted to take surfing lessons with my 14-year-old son here in Honolulu, to try out surfing and do it in a place steeped in surfing tradition. Rick of Polu Lani provided a great experience. He’s a local guy and he taught us some Hawaiian expressions, taught us to be safe and the basics of how to start surfing. The location is as advertised, a beautiful beach, not crowded, with good surf for learning. He took care of us, giving us lots of reps and providing constructive feedback on each run. He got some great pictures of us as well. He’s a good teacher, a fun guy and he’ll raise your spirits. Highly recommend!

I'm very humbled and grateful for all the kind words. I also had a great time with you guys out in the waves that day. Thank you for choosing Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures for your wave-riding experience. Let's do it again when you're back on the island. ALOHA!

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Rick was fantastic! He was an absolutely amazing teacher and an all around great guy. He was funny, smart, and informative, and not only taught about surfing but about Hawaiian culture as well. We went as a family of 5 and every single person was able to surf by the end of the lesson. 100% would recommend.

Hey Greg! Thanks very much for your feedback, I appreciate it. Glad to hear that you & your family had a great experience. I enjoyed myself as well. Thanks for choosing Polu Lani Surf Lessons & Adventures. Aloha!