“Nice Birthday dinner.”

Chez Mamou French Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Chez Mamou French Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #61 of 610 Restaurants in Santa Fe
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2018

We had made reservations for this restaurant for my birthday dinner. No acknowledgment of the reservation, everything is done on ipad, appears the staff hadn't looked. On a Sunday evening, the staff seemed disorganized. We were told parts of the restaurant were closed in the outside area, I'm assuming due to short staffing. This place is very warm inside, and it was a very warm day. I don't know if there is AC or not. We chose a place by the door rather than the table mid restaurant we were shown so it wouldn't be so hot. Waiters were very nice and knowledgeable, but seemed hurried and were often running through the restaurant. Our meals were brought promptly, but it was hard to get our water glasses refilled. My husband had a pasta dish and I chose the classic French beef bourguignon. Both very good. Split a chocolate meringue/ganache dessert-heavenly. There is a pastry case in front for take home purchases. We did not purchase any alcohol.

5  Thank Kathleen S

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

We discovered Chez Mamou when we decided we wanted something “else” after days of southwestern food. But we wanted something “lite”like crepes. The only other place nearby near the Plaza had closed, so we called Chez Mamou to see if they were still serving crepes. We got Robert on the phone and he promised to let us order crepes or sandwiches if we could get there before the evening cook took over. We did, Robert was a man of his word, and our crepes were delicious. After dessert (one to eat, one to take - again, delicious), we had a chance to talk with the owner at the small shop connected to the restaurant (I was wearing my Antibes cap, which started a conversation because as well as being a favorite of ours in southern France, the owner also loves it). Prices are in-line with good French restaurants and pastries but you can really rack up the charges if you like French wine. Overall, a very enjoyable and delicious end to an afternoon of shopping.

4  Thank avy8r
Reviewed 18 May 2018

Excellent meal. Ate outside- Vivaldi was playing. My husband had lamb chops, and I had chicken cordon bleu. Both were outstanding. Pastries looked great - but no room left to try them. This was also the meal that was the best value of the trip. Highly recommend.

6  Thank robin s
Reviewed 17 May 2018

As a local I enjoy brunch and lunch at this restaurant. My family love the eggs benedict and my favorite are the wild mushroom crepes with the chef''s wonderful bechamel sauce. I have also had their steak frites which remind me of those in France.

4  Thank jkgrandma
Reviewed 30 April 2018

I love eating here. The waitstaff are friendly, food is good & I always take home something from the bakery for later.

4  Thank sherrychicago