“Tasty and Expensive Steaks”

Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Bohanan's Prime Steak and Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 4,918 Restaurants in San Antonio
Price range: US$31 - US$75
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Navarro or Saint Mary's
Transit: Bohanan's is located in the center of downtown San Antonio; walking distance from most downtown hotels and conveniently located to city's public transportation.
Description: Bohanan’s fame is founded on sublimely tender prime beef grilled over fragrant mesquite wood. Enjoy extraordinarily delicious Akaushi beef, Chef/Owner Mark Bohanan’s large custom cuts of prime aged corn-fed beef, succulent seafood flown in fresh daily, and spectacular table-side desserts flambé. Imbibe a classic cocktail at the first-floor Bar at Bohanan’s, then join us upstairs for the best steak you’ve ever eaten. Located in a historic building in downtown San Antonio about a block from the River Walk. AAA Four Diamond rating and Wine Spectator’s Best of Award of Excellence.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This place easily makes you stretch your 100 USD budget per person. I had the new York Strip with asparagus and was at 70 bucks...2 beer pushed me over the 100 USD line. About the food...the steak was very tasty and grilled to perfection. It did, however, had a sirloin look and didn't have the classic strip shape. It was also on the thinner side and didn't have the regular NY strip thickness. The taste was with no doubt superb. The asparagus was cooked to perfection as well...slightly soft but with a crunch. I would have preferred the traditional NY strip cut for top dollar, however. They had a beer called Chimay. It was tasty and 15 bucks per 12 ounce glass. I didnt know that such a thing exit ( a 15 USD glass of beer ) - but I learned something that night.Other than that the place has a conservative atmosphere with plenty of well trained staff. The issue is...the price and the degree of perfection for the price.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,488)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ate dinner here last Friday, wonderful experience. Food was excellent, service impeccable. Don’t miss this place!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the second time I visited this restaurent. Last time was years ago before I started commenting on Trioadvisor , both experience top my expectation. This time five of us. , valet parking. , sizable bar and informal dinning downstairs. Elevators to second level for fine dining . We were seated in a very nice round table overlooking the street. .Decor is beautiful and classy. Tuxedo servers. . We ordered appetizers to share , I especially requested the pan fried oysters ( plum , juicy with a touch of spice ). The different cuts of meat was displayed and explained to us. You can get the finest USA and japan beef . We are preferred USA beef ( japan better for sugiyagi , just too fatty ).Sirloin , filet and rib eye all 12 0z with sweet corn and veggie . Perfectly done and presented. Wine list is extensive . We order powerful Cab at an good price . No room for desert !! A place to return. When we left 9 pm the place was fully packed

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we visited San Antonio for business and had dinner at Bohanan's.
My husband ordered the Aka-ushi rib eye and I ordered the fillet.
The food was excellent and well worth the price
The room was charming and quiet. we had gotten there before the dinner rush
Our waiter was attentive and knowledgable.
The meal was perfectly paced. I would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We were celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary and friends who live here made reservations at Bohanan's. Although very pricey, the food was worth it. Service is excellent. My filet was melt-in-your-mouth tender and flavorful. The Caesar salad and bread were excellent.