All reviewsfive pointsrecord playerwalking distancemotor courtorganic toiletriesboutique hotelgreat location near downtownfunky retrocute roomshort blocksgathering spotlighting fixturesconvention centeroutdoor courtyardloved staying hererooms were spotlessbed was comfortable
Reviewed 9 May 2018

In the mid '70's I worked on a plan for Tucson which envisioned a pedestrian-only downtown with dense housing, extensive retail and services, and transit. It took awhile, but Tucson is definitely on the move now with some great restaurants, entertainment venues (don't miss the Fox Tucson which is a fabulous western-deco showplace), and overall unique character which relates to its history and culture. The Clifton Hotel is an amazing "fit" in this mosaic located within walking distance of the downtown in a nice neighborhood with nice, well-maintained housing. The weekend that I stayed there was the 4 year anniversary of operations. There was a western swing band on hand for the celebrations which included the announcement of plans to develop an additional 20 units on the land next door. The hotel provides a $10 coupon for a daily meal at the nearby 5 Points Restaurant which is a great neighborhood gathering spot. I would definitely recommend the Clifton to anyone who wants to get that Route 66 "feeling" in the Old Pueblo.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank ViajeroSFBayArea
Downtown C, Guest Relations Manager at The Downtown Clifton Hotel Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you so much for your response. You certainly checked in at a very celebratory time. Next time you are i Tucson, please give us a call to book a room, returned guests always receive 15% off.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Our room was spacious, clean, with just the right touches of nostalgia thrown in for a pleasant night's stay. Understated. Folks were very nice at check in and out. My friends were next door, their room was brighter and they got post cards, but that was okay. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank sdix0n

Thank you for your review! We are so sorry you didn't receive postcards! We'll for sure tell housekeeping to keep an eye out on making sure each room is provided with postcards.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Every aspect of our 3-day stay was excellent. Very clean room, friendly & helpful staff, great location, cool vibe. Parking was an added bonud - a spot directly in front of our room.
Will return my next visit to Tucson.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank stelos

Thank you so much for your response! Next time you roll back into town, give us a call to book a room, return guests always receive 15% off.

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting Tucson for 5 days. I discovered this gem of a hotel within walking distance of restaurants. After reading the awesome reviews I felt the need to book it. It's a very funky/eclectic motel. The room had a small fridge and a microwave which really comes in handy. Location, location, location and that it had. As I mentioned my husband and I walked to dinner every night. The road is very quiet as well. We received coupons to the market restaurant for breakfast. A five minute walk. They have the best breakfasts EVER. I highly recommend the Bandito Blanca (eggs Bennie) best I've ever had.

If you expect a standard hotel room with amenities such as a coffee maker and iron/ironing board then this may not be for you. However, if you're looking for a little bit of southwest Tucson I would highly recommend it.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joey1313

Thank you so much for your response! Next time you roll into the ol' Pueblo please give us a call to book a room, return guests ALWAYS receive 15% off.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Cute and funky hotel. Cheerful staff and artistically curated decor! If you are traveling to Tucson, this is a must stay hotel! Reminded of traveling with my family in the 1960s. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank camapp

Thank you so much for your response! Next time you roll back into town, please give us a call, return guests always receive 15% off!