1,135 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms room was large cactus garden double sinks small patio beautiful grounds pool and hot tub happy hour mini fridge downtown tucson bed was very comfortable nice pool catalina mountains desert pueblo
Reviewed 2 January 2018

Good service is attentive and efficient for lunch. Perfect delicate seasoning for the salmon. Nice grounds. Walk round a little bit. This is a long time Tucson standby. This is what you would expect for a five star restaurant. .

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Dear Az1912,

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

I decided to stay at the Lodge in the Desert as it was the last night I would be on the road and wanted a comfortable place to stay.
The hotel staff I interacted with were very friendly and informative. They knew what kind of questions I would typically ask before hand.
The room was very clean and the switches were labeled making it very easy to adjust to the room. The room had a nice sized TV, a King Size Bed, a bathtub and walk-in shower, some great in-room coffee, a comfortable chair, a private patio, high ceilings, and a large toilet seat.
The bed was very comfortable. It was not a memory foam mattress with cooling gel technology, but it was close enough. It was very easy to get to sleep with very little noise and the room is pitch black when the lights are off except for the TV and Receiver status lights.
The breakfast was phenomenal compared to what I have had on my trip. I had some pancakes, fruit, and coffee. The pancakes and coffee in particular were simply a cut above the rest.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank P2243EIkevins
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear P2243Elkevins,

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed one night at Lodge on the Desert booking last minute via Trip Advisor and it was the most perfect restful stay. I loved the historic vibe of the property and all fireplaces. I stayed in one of the newer rooms but I don’t believe there is much of a difference except for the width of the rooms. The breakfast included the next day was filling and had delicious coffee. I hope I can stay here again and use the pool next time.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Galina D

Dear Galina D

Reviewed 24 December 2017

We got a good deal as we were visiting in December but boy, were we amazed by this hotel! Everything was just so...perfect. The lobby, the room, the cactus gardens, the breakfast. We really felt like we entered an ancient oasis in the middle of Tucson. In fact I think the place should really be called Oasis on the Desert, because it would live up to it's name!
We would definitely stay here again with my gf if chance ever takes us this way again.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lacipaci

Dear Lacipaci

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My sleeping quality rating: 4 out of 5. The bed linens and room temperature controls were great. The mattress wasn't as comfortable as I would like.

As soon as you pull off the busy street into the Lodge On The Desert grounds, you are in a southwestern world by itself. It's basically a compound of sorts, surrounded by a tall adobe wall. It's a compact property with a lot of guest rooms surrounded by landscaping nicely done. You don't get the feeling that there are many other quests because of how there are so many corners and turns. The grounds are beautiful and include a great cactus garden. This lodging is in an older part of town and is close to shopping and restaurants. The restaurant on the grounds, Cielos, is great. It's expensive, though. But, we had a memorable first night's dinner there. The service is great and the patio is beautiful with a four-sided fireplace. Other reviews may have said that about half the rooms are in original adobe buildings/rooms. We stayed in the "newer" half of the lodge. Our room had a fireplace (gas) that we enjoyed. The room was comfortable and large and the bathroom was very large and included a walk-in shower, along with a separate bathtub. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. This is a great place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear LispDenverArea