Lodge on the Desert
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
Canyon Ranch in Tucson(Tucson)
Expedia
  • Breakfast included
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
1,067 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
Reviewed 24 December 2017

We got a good deal as we were visiting in December but boy, were we amazed by this hotel! Everything was just so...perfect. The lobby, the room, the cactus gardens, the breakfast. We really felt like we entered an ancient oasis in the middle of Tucson. In fact I think the place should really be called Oasis on the Desert, because it would live up to it's name!
We would definitely stay here again with my gf if chance ever takes us this way again.

2  Thank Lacipaci
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Lacipaci

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My sleeping quality rating: 4 out of 5. The bed linens and room temperature controls were great. The mattress wasn't as comfortable as I would like.

As soon as you pull off the busy street into the Lodge On The Desert grounds, you are in a southwestern world by itself. It's basically a compound of sorts, surrounded by a tall adobe wall. It's a compact property with a lot of guest rooms surrounded by landscaping nicely done. You don't get the feeling that there are many other quests because of how there are so many corners and turns. The grounds are beautiful and include a great cactus garden. This lodging is in an older part of town and is close to shopping and restaurants. The restaurant on the grounds, Cielos, is great. It's expensive, though. But, we had a memorable first night's dinner there. The service is great and the patio is beautiful with a four-sided fireplace. Other reviews may have said that about half the rooms are in original adobe buildings/rooms. We stayed in the "newer" half of the lodge. Our room had a fireplace (gas) that we enjoyed. The room was comfortable and large and the bathroom was very large and included a walk-in shower, along with a separate bathtub. All staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. This is a great place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Dear LispDenverArea

Reviewed 19 December 2017

So... I cannot say enough about this place. I liked EVERYTHING!

The service was excellent from start to finish. Room was spacious. There was a working gas fireplace (so great), decent closet space, queen size beds were comfortable with great bedding. The property is not huge, which I liked because then I don't have to walk for any significant distance to get to anything, especially their phenomenal heated salt water pool and spa! The pool is a little small, but awesome regardless. They have beautiful pure green grass areas that would be perfect for a small or maybe even medium size wedding (depending on your definition of small and medium). I cannot comment on the quality of the food of the restaurant as we missed the free breakfast from sleeping SO WELL, but the setup and beauty of the restaurant were very impressive to me. If the restaurant is anything close to the rest of the experience then it would be well worth it.

Our circumstances for staying were that we were attending a concert in Downtown Tucson (only 10 minutes away) and we didn't want to have to drive home. Plus we had a friend come into town to go to the concert with us and she had to fly out the next day. The price was excellent for this stay and there was enough room for us all to get ready without ever feeling crowded at all. This was an excellent experience and I would recommend it to ANYONE looking for a romantic stay in Tucson. You don't even feel like you are "in the city", which I love for this.

It is central to multiple shopping areas and just close enough to Downtown. I will stay here again and will be my new "go to" for romantic get away weekends in Tucson.

2  Thank Chris7656

Dear Chris 7656

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This was our fourth time celebrating a special event at Lodge on the Desert.
As usual, our expectations were surpassed by the professional help and advice of the sales and catering manager, Michael Reyes and his accommodating hospitality staff.
We rented a conference room to host a charitable event for 30+ people, the ambiance was appealing, the food received super reviews from our guests and the price beat out any competition by far.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer D
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2017

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for your recent review of the Lodge On The Desert. I am glad to hear all comments from our guests, especially when there are positive comments about the Staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge soon

General Manager Lodge On The Desert

Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel has been a fixture since the 1930s. The hotel has been expanded several times and is currently being comprehensively upgraded. With all the changes it retains the charm of the old southwest. The grounds are beautiful and it is easy to forget that you are in the middle of a vibrant city. It is close to the university and the hotel is popular with business and vacation travelers. We stayed in one of the older units but inspected a newer unit. Both were very attractive and spacious and generally similar. The breakfast buffet is quite nice with table service, real plates and flatware, and quality food. Dining is available both indoors and on a patio with a fireplace. The restaurant and bar on site are outstanding. The amenities and quality service made for a relaxing and pleasant stay. We will be back.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Toby R
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Dear Toby,