Lodge on the Desert
Arizona Inn(Tucson)
US$169
US$149
Trip.com
Hampton Inn Tucson-Airport(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$125
US$121
Expedia
1,068 results
All reviewsgas fireplaceboutique hotelnewer roomsroom was largecactus gardensouthwestern stylesmall patiobeautiful groundswalk in showeron site restaurantpool and hot tubhappy hourmini fridgebed was very comfortabledowntown tucsoncatalina mountainsdesert
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We thoroughly enjoyed our three-night stay at the Lodge on the Desert, although it is not in an ideal location if you want to walk out for a drink or to a restaurant in the evening.
The hotel is beautifully designed around a number of courtyards with colourful, clever planting as well as the pristine greensward. Our corner, ground-floor room in one of the single-story blocks was very large, well equipped and comfortable with a table and chairs outside.
The pool was very welcome and well-furnished, although when we were there it became shady and chilly in the afternoon.
The Cielos restaurant was a delight, particularly sitting outside by the fire. We ate dinner there on two occasions, on one of which we were very kindly bought a drink by the co-owner and manager of the hotel. On the other hand, breakfast was a bit hit and miss; we must have been late risers and many things had run out (the hotel was quite full whilst we were there). When available, the croissants were excellent.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2017

Dear KitSuffikk_UK

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We thought that this hotel was nearly perfect for our one-night stay while visiting the Saguaro National Park. It is conveniently located, beautifully maintained, with well-appointed clean rooms. Ours was on the mountain side of the hotel, so we had a bonus view. Breakfast was also very good (excellent coffee and delicious bread pudding were the highlights for us). I've seen some reviews on TA that were not complimentary of this hotel, and I wonder where they stayed or if they may have been having a bad day.

Highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

We spent three days here in November 2017 and I would go back in a heartbeat. The room was so clean, quiet and all the staff were very helpful. They have a beautiful pool and there is just a feeling of calm and relaxation. Looking forward to our next visit!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Dear bluewaterWA

Reviewed 21 November 2017

Love the look and the ambiance of Lodge on the Desert, hacienda feel. Staff was very friendly and helpful. For an "easterner" it was like being in a magical place. My son and I loved the restaurant atmosphere and the food was fantastic. Stayed there years ago with my mother. Anytime I am in Tucson I plan on staying there. Hopefully next spring with my sister.

Room Tip: There are the orginal units and a new section. Couldn't tell you which is best as I like the feel of the orginal units.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear Kathleen E,

Thank you for the comments about your recent stay at the Lodge. It is wonderful hearing that you will possibly be returning next spring with your sister. I am looking forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We absolutely loved staying here. We had a very private room as we were traveling with our Pet. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The pool area was the best part of the stay, as was the comfortable bed in our room. The hot tub was at a perfect temperature and the pool was also very clean, They recently converted to a salt water system and it was so so nice to not smell like chlorine after. The breakfast was also very good with friendly staff and just a great vibe. Would stay here again anytime!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear zoOsha