1,123 results
All reviews gas fireplace boutique hotel newer rooms room was large cactus garden double sinks small patio beautiful grounds pool and hot tub mini fridge happy hour downtown tucson bed was very comfortable nice pool catalina mountains desert pueblo
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed overnight for business. Room was quite old - let’s just say, old, broken blinds, showed in bathtub, no view, dirty windows. Went to desk and told Christene I was kind of miserable, and very disappointed. She was super nice and moved me to other (newer) side of hotel. I am grateful to Christene because my new room was lovely, had a small patio where I was able to work. The room was large, comfortable, clean. As for the hotel, lovely restaurant, nice bar, all staff very friendly, convenient location (10 to 20 minutes downtown). I would definitely return, but only if I can reserve a room on the NOT “historic” side.
Kudos to Christene as she is absolutely lovely, friendly, welcoming and professional.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2017

It`s hard to believe that the Lodge could be so close to the centre of Tucson as it is so tranquil & relaxing.
We found everything about the place & the people to be absolutely first class.
If we`re ever in the Tucson area again we wouldn`t hesitate to book Lodge on The Desert again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Hello Jerry,

Thank you so much for your review of the Lodge. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Your feedback is valued and appreciated.

I look forward to seeing you at the Lodge soon.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Three nights stay for an annual visit with my best friend, and a "girl's getaway." We booked a casita-style room, knowing full well what we asked for and that it might be an "older" style room - but we wanted the historical ambiance. To begin, we were greeted warmly by two young women at the front desk, and allowed to check in early. The room was surprisingly big and more than enough space for two people. Comfortable beds, full size couch, two comfy chairs, desk/chair - and our bath did have counter space for toiletries, which worked out well. We were very pleased - NO complaints on the room. After settling in, we went to the resteraunt for lunch, and had one of the best burgers, ever. Even my friend, who isn't much of a meat eater - enjoyed her burger too. Breakfast was great - staff was excellent, and sitting outdoors on the beautiful patio was a lovely start to the day. We attended happy hour at the bar a couple of times, and had good drinks and bar food. Staff was excellent - fun time at the end of long days of excursions. We swam / hot tubbed our last evening and it was relaxing. The grounds are beautiful, the decor is lovely - the entire property is beautiful. We would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Historical room, means historical room - if you need more modern, ask.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear

The staff and I very much appreciate your taking your time to let us know of your experience at the Lodge on the Desert. We always hope to know how we can improve our hotel and comments such as yours provide us with the information we look for.

I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge on the Desert.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

This hotel began its existence in 1931 as a private home, surrounded by desert. It was then turned into a boutique hotel at the end of that decade. Surrounded by adobe walls,
the casitas and hotel grounds are an island of tranquility in an urban environment. Though some distance away from downtown Tucson. The hotel is an easy drive to the University of Arizona. The restaurant staff are friendly and very professional and the food
is good.

Room Tip: try to get one of the older casitas
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Portions of The Lodge are from the '30's. The lobby & grounds are quite impressive. Breakfast was very good with a nice selection. The room we had was a casita king in the old part of the property. We were disappointed in the room as there were stains on the carpet and the room felt tired. Saw some of the newer rooms on our last day which definitely look very nice. Will stay there again but definitely in a newer room.

Room Tip: check out the newer or recently remodeled rooms
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Jim K, General Manager at Lodge on the Desert, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear

I hope to welcome you back to the Lodge on the Desert.