“Sunset trail ride”

Pusch Ridge Stables
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Our Pusch Ridge Stables trail ride was outstanding. I would highly recommend the 90 minute sunset ride. Our family of 4 included 2 young adult children and we were all very happy with the experience. We were able to make same day reservations and were given options for level of experience and several options for ride times. The stable was a short drive north of Tucson on HWY 77 and easy to find. The ride through the Catalina State Park was beautiful. Riders are recommended to wear long pants and closed-toe shoes and socks and I would heed the advice as we rode very close to plants with thorns. Each person was given short directions how to control their horse. However, the horses are so well behaved we didn't have to do much other than keep them from taking a nibble of grass. Our guide was attentive and kept our group of 7 together. My only recommendation would be to ask the guide to stop when you want to take a picture. The Pusch Ridge Stable staff are very friendly and organized. I believe a person of any age would have a great time. This trail ride was an excellent way to experience the desert.

8  Thank mnvacationer55

Reviewed 29 February 2008

We scheduled a 90 minute sunset ride at Pusch Ridge Stables this past week and had a wonderful time. This is a family-run business with friendly guides. I have little experience in riding & was at ease shortly into the ride. The horses were very calm & easy to work with. The trail was scenic--with perfect timing of riding on a ridge as the sun set--Stunning!

There was a family with young children on our ride as well--the kids did great with the horses the staff had picked out for them.

Overall, great experience!

3  Thank cjlrn
Reviewed 26 October 2007

My wife Diane desired to go horseback riding at least once in
Arizona as she is an animal lover. THIS WAS MY FIRST EXPERIENCE outside of being on a pony as a youngster. My wife, however, had a moderate amount of horesback riding dating back to her childhood. Well, the stable horse I rode was Preston a rather beautiful (male). My wife rode "Sparkle.", a filly. After reading and signing waiver forms,, Vickie Pitts (owner) prepared my horse, Preston. I mounted the horse and Vickie gave me basic instuctions regarding the reins and the way to control of the horse. What Vickie did next was important as she checked and measured my stirrup. It was perfect as once when I was riding Preston dpwn an incline or slope my right foot came out of the stirrup but because Vickie adjusted my stirrups,
I could easily place my foot back onto the stirrup. Vickie also did the same adjustments for my wife. Our Trail Guide was a gal (I forgot
her name but the name Carol comes to mind-Anyway she had previously resided in Panama City Florida where my sister lives now) She was an excellent Trail Guide as she explained what to do when we were going up a slight hill or down a slope. She also gave colorful descriptions
regarding the landscape and wildlife. To me this one hour (and five minute) Tenderfoot "Trail" was really meant for more experienced riders but boy did I enjoy my ride, Preston has a tendency to bend his head to look for a snacK. He did this twice and our trail guide explained what to do and after his third try, Preston knew I was in control. In any event my wife and I (Clifford) really enjoyed the horses, the professional staff, and the Catalina State Park. I would recommend Pusch Ridge Stables and hopefully be back for another horseback ride.

8  Thank KAILUAKID